PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rotoworld: Jason Taylor wants out of Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ever-polarizing Jason Taylor to NE discussion. It'll be interesting to see exactly where he ends up.

It's only polarizing because there's a faction of us living in reality while the rest are embracing this ridiculous dream scenario. I wonder if the Cardinals will trade us Larry Fitzgerald for Ryan O'Callaghan?!

It's only polarizing because there's a faction of us living in reality while the rest are embracing this ridiculous dream scenario. I wonder if the Cardinals will trade us Larry Fitzgerald for Ryan O'Callaghan?!

Youre just a jolly good genius there, arent you friend? Give it a rest. If it werent so ridiculous, it would almost be intriguing just how personal some of you guys take something as 'small picture' as an interdivisional football trade. "ridiculous dream scenario". That's pretty funny. Youre a vicitim of your own brilliance.

Not that I think it is going to happen, but what (realistically) would it take to get Taylor here?

If Parcells is going to trade Taylor to his division rivals and the top team in the division at that then you will probably have to send the 1st 3rd and 4th round picks plus a mid rounder next year to get him

For a 30+ year Veteran in the twilight of his career I say NO thanks...

Youre just a jolly good genius there, arent you friend?

The idea that you think it takes a "genius" to realize that there's NO WAY the dolphins would trade Jason Taylor to the Patriots, especially for a 3rd and a 5th, is laughable. It's embarrassing.

The idea that you think it takes a "genius" to realize that there's NO WAY the dolphins would trade Jason Taylor to the Patriots, especially for a 3rd and a 5th, is laughable. It's embarrassing.

I think the Dolphins would be very happy to trade Taylor to the Pats, if they think they are getting back more than he is worth.
If the rumors are true, the Dolphins do not feel he is that valuable to them.

If they could trade him to ANY team for more than he is worth, they would be thinking that they improved their team, and also that the other team got worse. If that were the case why wouldn't you want to trade him to your rival?

If the Pats offer the most and it is enough, the Dolphins will trade him here without hesitation. First, if you think its a good trade, you believe you weaken the opponent, and secondly, if the Dolphins believe Taylor is still a dominant player and are trading him anywway then obviously they are building for the future and really wouldnt care how Taylor affects us immediately.

The REAL question, IMO, is why would the Patriots want to trade for him? The cap hit would be exhorbitant, and not something we could afford along with addressing the rest of our needs, and we would be paying that kind of money, in order to 'upgrade'? over Vrabel and Thomas?

It happened to Bledsoe (Bills).

So there is a chance.

Not a good chance though.

It happened to Bledsoe (Bills).

So there is a chance.

Not a good chance though.

Totally different scenarios. Belichick sending Bledsoe to the Bills had at least the comfort of knowing he knew how to defense him. Do people honestly think Bill Parcells thinks it's a good idea to put Jason Taylor - even not in his prime ('though he did win NFL DP of the Y not long ago) - in BILL BELICHICK'S HANDS? Come on.

Professor Here is my explanation to you and in the immortal words of Elmer Fudd I will do it VVVVEEEWWWYYY SLLOOOOWWWWLLLLYYY

NEW ENGLAND IS A DIVISION RIVAL - MIAMI IS NOT GOING TO TRADE THIER TOP PLAYER TO A DIVISION RIVAL LEADER FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS LET ALONE TRADE HIM ANY OF THE OTHER TEAMS (JETS,BILLS)

NEW ENGLAND WILL 'NOT' GET JASON TAYLOR SO GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD AND OTHER GOOFS WHO THINK THE SAME WAY- PLEASE JUST STOP THE STUPIDNESS THE OFFSEASON HAS ALREADY BEGUN

Randy Moss and Dillon were NOT from division rival teams and Meriweather was only a rookie so your point is ...um pointless

One example of teams who will not aid NE is what the Jets told Vilma that he can seek a trade anywhere BUT NE and thats the trend until NE starts to decline in the East - easy enough for some of you to understand?

Now with the caps gone,maybe some of you can get a grip yourselves..:rolleyes:

One other point for those brain surgeons who hold out hope...since the BB Era began and NE became a superb dominating AFC East team, name one team in this division who gave to NE a top player of thier own in a trade with the exception of Welker last year who was not real good in Miami to begin with so that would not count - name one team or good known player? - Wait ...Can't find a real good player who was offered to NE in this era from Miami,NY or Buffalo? - Yeah,I thought so - there was NONE!! - End of conversation.....

I appreciate the passion that you have for your opinion and I respect that but I would be careful about throwing around absolutes when you don't know the details. Can you tell me for sure that Ireland & Pioli have not discussed a trade of Jason Taylor to the pats and specifically which draft picks would be involved in such a deal?

I think the Dolphins would be very happy to trade Taylor to the Pats, if they think they are getting back more than he is worth.
If the rumors are true, the Dolphins do not feel he is that valuable to them.

If they could trade him to ANY team for more than he is worth, they would be thinking that they improved their team, and also that the other team got worse. If that were the case why wouldn't you want to trade him to your rival?

If the Pats offer the most and it is enough, the Dolphins will trade him here without hesitation. First, if you think its a good trade, you believe you weaken the opponent, and secondly, if the Dolphins believe Taylor is still a dominant player and are trading him anywway then obviously they are building for the future and really wouldnt care how Taylor affects us immediately.

The REAL question, IMO, is why would the Patriots want to trade for him? The cap hit would be exhorbitant, and not something we could afford along with addressing the rest of our needs, and we would be paying that kind of money, in order to 'upgrade'? over Vrabel and Thomas?

Here are JT's cap numbers:
10M 2008, 10.5M 2009

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=nfl&id=1305

To be fair I don't know how much of that is from signing bonus. The signing bonus cap penalty only applies to the original team, not the team that Taylor is being traded to. So his cap number might be significantly lower for the Pats. I could see the Patriots offering a 3rd or 4th round pick for Taylor, but not significantly more than that. The other possibility is that Taylor agrees to tear up his old contract and sign a new one, like Welker did after his trade.

Last edited:
I appreciate the passion that you have for your opinion and I respect that but I would be careful about throwing around absolutes when you don't know the details. Can you tell me for sure that Ireland & Pioli have not discussed a trade of Jason Taylor to the pats and specifically which draft picks would be involved in such a deal?

The Patriots are going to trade LeKevin Smith and a 5th rounder to the jets for Revis and their #1. It's possible. Don't shoot it down with "absolutes." After all, you "don't know the details."

Liz Taylor has a better chance of playing for the Pats.

The Patriots are going to trade LeKevin Smith and a 5th rounder to the jets for Revis and their #1. It's possible. Don't shoot it down with "absolutes." After all, you "don't know the details."

Fair enough, I won't discuss any LeKevin Smith trades on Patsfans.com.

Oh for the love of God. To say there is -any chance- that Taylor ends up with the Pats, especially for "a 3rd and a 5th," is a lot ******ed-like. Seriously, someone besides me PLEASE try to help rescue this place from the insanity.

uh what do you expect Taylor is going to be traded for? A 1st round pick???

Hes 34 years old, nobody is giving up more than a low 2nd or 3rd for him period.

And the Pats do have a good chance at getting Taylor, we are the best contender and Taylor would love to play for us. You thinking Parcells wouldnt trade him here because it would make us too good is a joke, Taylor has 2-3 years left he will retire before Miami has any chance at beating the Pats.

This would be pretty incredible... I'll keep dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes