PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster Moves Continue: Dan Gronkowski Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I'm not sure how a few wise cracks to the media hurt the team. Guess it's BB's way.

For one you give the other team bulletin board material, thats why your supposed to keep your trap shut at all times, BB never gives the other team bulletin board material, plus when he says not to do something and you dont listen you have to follow through with a punishment otherwise anything he says in the future wont carry any weight.

Re: Did DGronk just get cut?

Sucks for the Gronks. Sometimes I wonder why Belichick is such an overt a**hole.

I mean... obviously the player who fills his roster spot is going to be completely insignificant for this game and probably his whole tenure here. So why not just keep Gronk for this game? And why do it LAST minute?

I remember hearing in Rex's post-game press conference last week that Plax hadn't caught a pass all game yet was really, really important to them in the run game and drawing coverage on long routes. So Rex made sure to specifically try to get him a pass late in the game (when the game was clearrrly already over). I find that cool, and what a "player's coach" should do.

I mean, I know Belichick did the Flutie drop-kick and there's other similar instances... but in general, he makes a lot of moves where you're just scratching your head as to why he wants to be such a **** lol

This is one goofy post. If you want a coach whose personnel decisions are swayed by personal sentiment, then become a Green Beans fan, by all means. I personally want a coach who's ALWAYS going to do everything he can to win and ALWAYS what's best for the team. That's not being a "****," it's being a winner.

This is one goofy post. If you want a coach whose personnel decisions are swayed by personal sentiment, then become a Green Beans fan, by all means. I personally want a coach who's ALWAYS going to do everything he can to win and ALWAYS what's best for the team. That's not being a "****," it's being a winner.

Just become some posters disagree with how this was handled doesn't mean that we don't love the Pats or want another coach. Should we not be allowed to question BB? I think BB is the best coach in the business, but that doesn't mean that he can't make mistakes or handle things poorly.

wow, I didn't see that one coming. :eek: Maybe we can get Crumpler?

My thought exactly.

Gronkowski will likely still be available if they need him.

I believe his entire $405,000 salary this year was guaranteed as well - the Patriots did him a nice favor taking him when they did

Not unless they added that to the new CBA; as a simple rule, anyone eligible to be claimed off waivers is not eligible for the salary guarantee.

Last edited:

Just become some posters disagree with how this was handled doesn't mean that we don't love the Pats or want another coach. Should we not be allowed to question BB? I think BB is the best coach in the business, but that doesn't mean that he can't make mistakes or handle things poorly.

But hes probably the 50-53th guy on the roster and if we have a need elsewhere the low guy goes, I like that hes does whats best for the team. Gronk 2 didnt help his cause last week either.

My thought exactly.

Gronkowski will likely still be available if they need him.

I believe his entire $405,000 salary this year was guaranteed as well - the Patriots did him a nice favor taking him when they did

His salary isn't guaranteed. He wasn't on the roster for the first game.

His salary isn't guaranteed. He wasn't on the roster for the first game.

Yes, he was on the roster, but his salary still isn't guaranteed. [And, for the record, he's not eligible for the PS.]

Last edited:
AJ Edds is back on the PS. So...one of the PS players have to be activated soon...cause there are 9 players on that squad.

Welch seems like the most likely activation, given that Vollmer is out.

AJ Edds is back on the PS. So...one of the PS players have to be activated soon...cause there are 9 players on that squad.

Who takes Pryor's spot on D? I am just curious.

3 we take:- Mills, Price and an OT

Any word on how Mesko felt today? I hope he is healthy.

Hernandez could be back by week 5 say's Breer

Who takes Pryor's spot on D? I am just curious.

3 we take:- Mills, Price and an OT

Any word on how Mesko felt today? I hope he is healthy.

Hernandez could be back by week 5 say's Breer

L Cohen did.

Yeah or Ross V-Safety. Both spots are in dire need of an extra player.

I would always make sure to have that extra OT. Brady is our Franchise and when he his protected well he can go out throw for 458yds 3-4 TD's

the other team is going to put up points no matter what (Chung or no Chung). We just gotta give our GREAT TFB the proper protection so that he can go out their and put on another clinic on how to be an NFL Quarterback and DOMINATE at it!!!

get it done Brady!!! C'mon BOYS!!!

L Cohen did.

Value wise what is the difference? Is Cohen that much weaker than Pryor or is the void completely healed w/ an equally capable talent?

I am not a Defense guy.

I don't like the =:D

I prefer offense :)

I think that Belichick is fine with Barrett, Brown and Ihedigbo for a couple of weeks. I think that it is also relevant that both Dowling and Arrington will likely play, giving us 7 defensive backs, plus Molden and Adams for emergencies.

I think that Ventrone could be called up if the Special Teams need is there. I think that Tarp helped meet that need. If Ventrone comes up, I would think that either Molden or Adams would be cut.

IMHO, the real need THIS WEEK is at OT and TE. And, in the end, if we are running 3 wide as the base offense, then we will simply count on Ocho as the #4 receiver target instead of Hernandez. Obviously, Edelman (or Slater or even Price) could also get more reps, but they aren't needed for lots of reps. Five primary targets are enough (including Woodhead in the five).

Yeah or Ross V-Safety. Both spots are in dire need of an extra player.

Value wise what is the difference? Is Cohen that much weaker than Pryor or is the void completely healed w/ an equally capable talent?

I am not a Defense guy.

I don't like the =:D

I prefer offense :)

He doesn't have that great initial burst like Pryor has. I think he had a decent 4th preseason game this year. I remember him couple of times in the backfield as a 43 3 tech DT.

I think that Belichick is fine with Barrett, Brown and Ihedigbo for a couple of weeks. I think that it is also relevant that both Dowling and Arrington will likely play, giving us 7 defensive backs, plus Molden and Adams for emergencies.

I think that Ventrone could be called up if the Special Teams need is there. I think that Tarp helped meet that need. If Ventrone comes up, I would think that either Molden or Adams would be cut.

IMHO, the real need THIS WEEK is at OT and TE. And, in the end, if we are running 3 wide as the base offense, then we will simply count on Ocho as the #4 receiver target instead of Hernandez. Obviously, Edelman (or Slater or even Price) could also get more reps, but they aren't needed for lots of reps. Five primary targets are enough (including Woodhead in the five).

That's what I'm thinking. Just a guess but I think we will be seeing a lot of Cover 3 on sunday. Cover 4/quarters coverage too.

No way. Not in my opinion anyway. Pryor has shown us decent rotational play when healthy, yet his back was the issue last yr, and now the unfortunate IR this yr.

You've gotta transform yourself into a "D" kind of guy. It's what wins championships. Besides the yr the Colts won (and we all knew the winner of the AFCGC was going to win the SB), and the Saints yr--who still had somewhat of an ability to pressure and have good coverage when needed, can you think of too many instances in the past 10-12 yrs where defense wasn't needed?

With strictly offense, you can only go so far, then you're bound to be stopped by a good defense at some point.

The year the colts won was because of their defense. Bob sanders went on a wrecking spree and peyton was awful with the exception of one game we don't need to mention(but he did get a serious pass from the refs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News