PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Speaks his mind..

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Rodney is, is an adult in a league filled with kids. It would be great if he sticks around after his playing days are over. Every organization needs men of his character.

His comments about Welker are very encouraging.
Rodney's got the classiest,most productive shoulder chip in the NFL-great stuff from the 37,as usual. Only thing missing was an on-field ETA...

I've got news for you, NUT -- they do polygamy there too! :D

From Wikipedia:

In Hong Kong, polygamy was banned in October 1971. [11][12] [13] However, it is still practised in Hong Kong and Macau. One example of this is Stanley Ho. Another is Lim Por Yen [14]. Some Hong Kong businessmen have concubines across the border in mainland China.[4]

Man-Lun Ng, M.D.of Humboldt University of Berlin reported the situation in Hong Kong: it was estimated that out of the approximately two million married couples in Hong Kong, about three hundred thousand husbands had mistresses in China (1996). In 1995, 40% of extramarital affairs involved an enduring long-term relationship with a stable partner. [15]
International Herald Tribune Kevin Murphy had reported the cross-border polygyny phenomenon in Hong Kong in 1995. [16]

The traditional attitude toward mistresses is reflected in the saying: "wife is not as good as concubine, concubine is not as good as prostitute, prostitute is not as good as secret affair, secret affair is not as good as the affair you want but can't get" (妻不如妾, 妾不如妓, 妓不如偷, 偷不如偷不到)[17]

You know, I've always said that one wife is more than enough.

My wife loves it when I say that.

Sorry to break-away from the interesting topics of multiple ladies. :)

I liked this line best in Rodney's interview:

-------
With the flurry of deals Belichick and Scott Pioli have made over the last week, many pundits are predicting another Super Bowl win for the Patriots. Not surprisingly, Harrison isn’t going to join the hype.

“It’s all writing. No one cares about that except oddsmakers and gamblers. Come on now, it’s March. You’re going to pencil us in already?”
-------

I can now see more clearly how rudderless the Pats locker-room would have been when he was absent. Rodney's mature thoughts and outspoken attitude would have definitely helped the new and old players remain in focus and not get distracted irrespective of how good or bad things become.

I now wish he plays injury-free for the entire season and helps get another much deserved SB ring.

Go Rodney!!

Rodney is the man. lets get randy now because I trust what Rodney says.

I think you misinterpret what Rodney said to indicate he'd welcome the opportunity. That's not what I get from those comments. He basically said if he's an ass (which that comment seems to indicate Rodney is under the impression he in fact is) we would not tolerate him. He didn't say we would handle him in such a way that he wouldn't be an ass.

These guys are all going to back BB's play on any move up to a point. But as someone on WEEI pondered yesterday, do we really want to add to the leadership load of guys like Brady and Bruschi and Rodney or are we better served letting them focus as much of their individual attention as possible on playing their own position to the best of their ability. Who cuts back on film work on Wednesday because that's his day to make sure Randy is on track?

Even moreso than Stallworth, Randy is a guy I would only take on if he were compensation free and willing to play on a let me prove to you and my critics I can still play and not ultimately become a disappointing and disgruntled pain in the ass contract. And neither of those two circumstances are likely to present themselves.

Whenever (and i'm not looking forward to it) Rodney retires.......we should bring him back as a coach!

I think you misinterpret what Rodney said to indicate he'd welcome the opportunity. That's not what I get from those comments. He basically said if he's an ass (which that comment seems to indicate Rodney is under the impression he in fact is) we would not tolerate him. He didn't say we would handle him in such a way that he wouldn't be an ass.

These guys are all going to back BB's play on any move up to a point. But as someone on WEEI pondered yesterday, do we really want to add to the leadership load of guys like Brady and Bruschi and Rodney or are we better served letting them focus as much of their individual attention as possible on playing their own position to the best of their ability. Who cuts back on film work on Wednesday because that's his day to make sure Randy is on track?

Even moreso than Stallworth, Randy is a guy I would only take on if he were compensation free and willing to play on a let me prove to you and my critics I can still play and not ultimately become a disappointing and disgruntled pain in the ass contract. And neither of those two circumstances are likely to present themselves.

Yup. Rodney obviously thinks he's an ass. So does Tedy. And if they get stuck with him, expect an invitation to be the guest of honor at the next blanket party.

Does Rodney have any kids? SIGN THEM

I'd love to see this guy as a coach someday. He's a real no **** type of guy.

Rodney might be an outspoken guy, but dishonest is not his style. He plays with emotion and speaks with emotion. And that is something to love the guy for (or hate the guy for).

He brings up some great points:

1. He is not opposed to bringing in Moss, but the welcoming committee will only provide a short leash for prima donna antics.

a. Harrison, as a safety and his experience with Freddie "Who" Mitchell, might very well dislike wide receivers like TO, Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Plaxico Burress, and Keyshawn Johnson.

2. AD is going to allow the defense to do even more. But what he fails to mention is that what AD adds to the team only compensates from what it lost in Bruschi. Bruschi doesn't make the plays like he used to and AD will make life easier. I'll go so far as to say that despite the loss of ability by Bruschi, AD makes this defense better than it was three years ago.

3. Welker is a chore to cover. Sounds like Harrison would give up a 1st rounder not to have to worry about Welker twice a season. Sometimes you don't pay a player what HE is worth, but you pay him what its worth not to play HIM.

RODNEY for NFLPA President!

1) I think you misinterpret what Rodney said to indicate he'd welcome the opportunity. That's not what I get from those comments. He basically said if he's an ass (which that comment seems to indicate Rodney is under the impression he in fact is) we would not tolerate him. He didn't say we would handle him in such a way that he wouldn't be an ass.

2) These guys are all going to back BB's play on any move up to a point. But as someone on WEEI pondered yesterday, do we really want to add to the leadership load of guys like Brady and Bruschi and Rodney or are we better served letting them focus as much of their individual attention as possible on playing their own position to the best of their ability. Who cuts back on film work on Wednesday because that's his day to make sure Randy is on track?

3) Even moreso than Stallworth, Randy is a guy I would only take on if he were compensation free and willing to play on a let me prove to you and my critics I can still play and not ultimately become a disappointing and disgruntled pain in the ass contract. And neither of those two circumstances are likely to present themselves.

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes

Just say No to RM to the NEP.

in Prov to address a turf convention, never knew they had conventions, once again speaks his mind about a couple of issues.. thank goodness he is on our side. Not a lot of insight as to whether or not he will be ready for TC in July though.

The North East Regional Turf Show in Providence is one of the best shows for golf and sportsturf superintendents in the country. We do more business from this one than the other dozen or so other turf and turf management shows combined.

Anyway, I got to hear Rodney's address. It's kind of funny, you get used to seeing him amongst all of the behemoths. When you see him up close in person, he ain't so little :) I was hoping he'd throw a nugget or two out about his progress but he's been taught too well by the Master.

Great thread. Bump to front page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back