PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison,back to full strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I got to thinking today,once Harrison is back in the defense do you all think he will be able to come back and deliver those devasting hits that we have all come to love and appreciate,or do you think that with the extensive rehab he is undergoing that he may have lost some of that punch?As far as I know he isn't known as much for the int's as he is the caused fumbles and knock you on your arse hits.any thoughts?

well hes not about to come back when he is not ready to play to his full potential

PatriotsFanMatt said:
I got to thinking today,once Harrison is back in the defense do you all think he will be able to come back and deliver those devasting hits that we have all come to love and appreciate,or do you think that with the extensive rehab he is undergoing that he may have lost some of that punch?As far as I know he isn't known as much for the int's as he is the caused fumbles and knock you on your arse hits.any thoughts?

Ask PATSNUTme, he can tell you all about it. :D

Last edited:
With Rodney's injury it's not an issue of speed or power. Mostly it's the ability to Cut, change direction, and be able to consistently Practice/Play. Some players never do fully recover. Some are just afraid to push their knee to the limit, and others knee's just never get tight enough again to actually do it. The other problem is the mountain of ice that is required to keep him on the field for 2 a days and game days. With some players they almost have to take a full week off between games. We'll see what happens when TC starts. If he's going in 2 a days on a consistent basis, and is able to cut then there is not much to worry about. Anything less of that however is an issue...

Welker83 said:
With Rodney's injury it's not an issue of speed or power. Mostly it's the ability to Cut, change direction, and be able to consistently Practice/Play. Some players never do fully recover. Some are just afraid to push their knee to the limit, and others knee's just never get tight enough again to actually do it. The other problem is the mountain of ice that is required to keep him on the field for 2 a days and game days. With some players they almost have to take a full week off between games. We'll see what happens when TC starts. If he's going in 2 a days on a consistent basis, and is able to cut then there is not much to worry about. Anything less of that however is an issue...

Yeah, I guess you could say the same thing about Culpepper's injury since it was identical although he suffered it a month after Rodney. But of course Fin fans seem to see things a little differently where Daunte is concerned. After all he ran around in mini camp and rehabbed in a Wal Mart parking lot. Which Rodney likely could have done as well only he didn't need to because he is a better decision maker who was consistently playing at a very high level when injured and already knows his job in this system and Belichick is inclined to give more than lip service to being cautious because his entire season doesn't hinge on a QB he traded a 2nd rounder for actually being able to play before the bye or even play every snap after it because backups aside Safety is a position that rotates a little easier than QB.

Other than that those two are pretty much in the same boat. :rolleyes:

MoLewisrocks said:
Yeah, I guess you could say the same thing about Culpepper's injury since it was identical although he suffered it a month after Rodney. But of course Fin fans seem to see things a little differently where Daunte is concerned. After all he ran around in mini camp and rehabbed in a Wal Mart parking lot. Which Rodney likely could have done as well only he didn't need to because he is a better decision maker who was consistently playing at a very high level when injured and already knows his job in this system and Belichick is inclined to give more than lip service to being cautious because his entire season doesn't hinge on a QB he traded a 2nd rounder for actually being able to play before the bye or even play every snap after it because backups aside Safety is a position that rotates a little easier than QB.

That was simply a marvelous run-on sentence! I almost ran out of breath reading it silently!

Please, do it again!

Prediction: Rodney Harrison will NOT be on the field any time this month.

MoLewisrocks said:

Actually i did say the exact thing about Daunte...Except in your zeal to try and say that fin fans are delusional i want to ask you a simple question...

Does Rodney and Daunte play the same position?

This is an easy one...NO! "That doesn't matter they have the same injury!"....umm yes they have the same injury...but they are a WORLD apart... In case you have not noticed Daunte is a QB and Rodney is a DB... Do you know the difference between these two positions?

i do..I know that one of them has to Run with receivers clocked under 4.4... I know that one of them has to tackle RB's anywhere from 200-255 pounds. I know that one of them has to run on every single play. I know one of them has to deal with players Juking, and cutting. I know one of them who has to jump in the air to play balls... Now would this be Daunte or Rodney?

So if you didn't understand that and you think i'm still looking with my rose colored glasses i'll put it like this...something that we will ALL agree on.

A Knee inury to a DB is comparable to a Shoulder injury to a QB.

wow you make this too easy!

Ohh yeah and that "parking lot" w/ the Chinese laundromat, and the dirty alley...That was all figments Of Brad childresses post-TO traumitized mind

Here's the link: http://dolphinblog.com/3270633106.htm (Halfway down)

Lets continue... Rodney is cominhg back into a system he knows...Right? And daunte is coming into a new system ...Right? umm...NO! Dolphins Kept Linehans system that daunte played w/ in Minnesotta...He knows the system.

And Safties are easier to field in than QB's??? Tell that to your 31st in the league pass defense... for some reason if daunte goes down and either Lemon or harrington play i doubt we will drop to 31st in the league... (i can't wait for the feedback on this one...)

Now everything aside my first post is standard dictum that you would receive from ANY doctor w/ knowledge of a triple ligament tear injury. W/ that said the same setbacks can and will be expected of daunte...but due to their differences of workload on the said injury it will be harder for Rodney to return to his excellent pre-injury form.

Last edited:
Welker83 said:
We'll see what happens when TC starts. If he's going in 2 a days on a consistent basis, and is able to cut then there is not much to worry about. Anything less of that however is an issue...
Just like Bruschi didn't help at all in the second half of last year :bricks:

If the Patriots play it safe early knowing that it's more important to win the war than the first few battles, that doesn't make it "an issue".

BelichickFan said:
Just like Bruschi didn't help at all in the second half of last year :bricks:

If the Patriots play it safe early knowing that it's more important to win the war than the first few battles, that doesn't make it "an issue".

What i meant is that if there is no swelling or setbacks he should be fine...If there will be any setbacks it will be apparant at TC and the coaching staff will do thier best to limit him and prepare the 2nd stringer to assume more of a role if required.

I recently tore my ACL and MCL, Doctor told me I should be back to normal in 4-6 months. Now I know Harrison is older but at the same time his therapy/rehab should be much better than mine considering his resources. I think there's a good chance of him being back for first game.

miamipat said:
I recently tore my ACL and MCL, Doctor told me I should be back to normal in 4-6 months. Now I know Harrison is older but at the same time his therapy/rehab should be much better than mine considering his resources. I think there's a good chance of him being back for first game.
The only issue should be whether there is extra damage in the knee, like nerve damage. There has been no indication that there was. Beyond that, being hurt in Week 3 gives him a solid chance to be back for Week 1 this year and certainly midseason after a stint on the PUP list.

Rodney Harrison..wasn't it 3 ligaments???

Wasn't it all 3 that tore?? not just two?? OR am I missing something.....I think they will see if he would be ready to play in a few weeks into the season...and if it seems like that he will NOT be ready for that..he may be PUPed...I think that decision might be harder to make..but if he's not ready for TC..that will be on they will need to make...

Re: Rodney Harrison..wasn't it 3 ligaments???

Pats726 said:
Wasn't it all 3 that tore?? not just two??
The other ligaments are basically irrelevant. The MCL and PCL generally heal a lot faster than the ACL so they should be fine by now. It's the ACL and any potential internal damage that is the longpole.

If Rodney knoks the helmet off a few people in camp
I shall declare him back. A Rodney that plays like most is
simply not enough. The fear of Rodney is as much a weapon
for him as his actual plays. Nothing less than the old Rodney
will hold water for him...seeing how he has worked out...
I'm sure he already figured this out the day after he was injured.

i do..I know that one of them has to Run with receivers clocked under 4.4... I know that one of them has to tackle RB's anywhere from 200-255 pounds. I know that one of them has to run on every single play. I know one of them has to deal with players Juking, and cutting. I know one of them who has to jump in the air to play balls... Now would this be Daunte or Rodney?

Please, Daunte is a running QB, with a bad line, a bad knee, without one of his running backs (don't know If Brown can carry the load), and with a bad case of fumbleitis. And he's going to facing a lot of elite ends and linebackers this season.

mavfan2390 said:
Please, Daunte is a running QB, with a bad line, a bad knee, without one of his running backs (don't know If Brown can carry the load), and with a bad case of fumbleitis. And he's going to facing a lot of elite ends and linebackers this season.
Not only that, how about a qb standing firmly in place trying to get that throw off and about to be pummeled by a blitz. Yea, good thing he's got good shoulders, huh.

mavfan2390 said:

Bad line? There it is again!

A bad line that ranked 4th in the NFL in sacks given up (Better than the pats)
A Bad line that had 2 runners avg 4.4 YPC...
A bad line that returned every single starter and added 3 new possible starter guys into the mix?
A Bad line that returns with arguably the best offensive line coach in the NFL?

Is that the definition of a bad line? cause if it is my Basic football knowledge is all upside down?

My arguement is still more than watertight. Rodney has a higher workload on his knee than daunte does... And thats it. If you have noticed yet i'm not bashing the pats i'm just once again trying to show how 2 situations should not be compared...

If you really want to compare rodney's injury to an offensive player then compare it to a guy who has the same workload..Like a RB...like Willis Magahee... That would be an appropriate comparison.

Last edited:
scout said:
Not only that, how about a qb standing firmly in place trying to get that throw off and about to be pummeled by a blitz. Yea, good thing he's got good shoulders, huh.

What is the use of a QB who can't throw the ball? Thats like having a one-legged RB....

No I'm talking about the line that allowed so much pressure on the QB that he wasn't in the top 30 in completion percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News