PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney fined $5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
There goes his prescription money:rolleyes:
troll.jpg

What for ? For trash talking Billick ?

I don't like players taunting coaches. Apparently Rodney told Billick his QB sucks. I love Rodney, but that was classess and does not reflect well on the Patriots. If he was on an opposing team 99% of this board would be killing him right now.

Wow. I don't think he should be yelling crap at the opposing sideline or HC, but getting FINED for that???? 5K??? That's F-ing INSANE.

http://www.patsfans.com/grogan/current.php
From Steve Grogan
SG: No, I think that’s a pretty safe bet. I do remember when we were playing in Miami when something happened near the Dolphins’ sidelines and Shula started yelling at one of our players. Steve Nelson was standing right there and he looked right at him and said: “You know Coach Shula, I used to have a lot of respect for you; I just lost it.” Then he turned around and walked off. Sometimes that’s the best way to handle things.

I don't like players taunting coaches. Apparently Rodney told Billick his QB sucks. I love Rodney, but that was classess and does not reflect well on the Patriots. If he was on an opposing team 99% of this board would be killing him right now.

This is like the wussification of this fan base. :blahblah: :blahblah:

Trash talking is part of the game. Lots of HC's taunt opposing players too. Idiots trash talk in the media and then fail to back it up on the field. Rodney has always backed up his trash talk. It's the whiners on the Ravens (among others) and their egomaniacal HC who allows them to play the blame game rather than accept responsibility for their actions or lack thereof that are classless from a football standpoint.

I support both sides.

Billick pwned Rodney with one of the funnier putdowns I've ever seen, actually.

But what ever Rodney said before that, I support him for. :)

Wow, wasn't expecting NAMBLA to be brought into this.

I have no problem with the fine, and I can't imagine rodney does either. It happened, and now he got fined some pocket change for it.

Gotta be. That's absurd, it happens in every game.

Are you serious? :rolleyes: Come on homer, of course it's disrespectful to badmouth a coach. When have you ever see anyone do this?

This is like the wussification of this fan base. :blahblah: :blahblah:

Trash talking is part of the game. Lots of HC's taunt opposing players too. Idiots trash talk in the media and then fail to back it up on the field. Rodney has always backed up his trash talk. It's the whiners on the Ravens (among others) and their egomaniacal HC who allows them to play the blame game rather than accept responsibility for their actions or lack thereof that are classless from a football standpoint.

But don't you agree, I guarantee that several here would be crying and up in arms if someone yelled at Belichick.

Head coaches taught players? When? No reason to try and validate your reasons by making **** up.

But don't you agree, I guarantee that several here would be crying and up in arms if someone yelled at Belichick.

Head coaches taught players? When? No reason to try and validate your reasons by making **** up.

Remember BB's dialog with Ocho Cinquo? Hilarious!

Last edited:
Rodney fined $5000 for unsportsmanlike conduct as per NFL Network

Is there a rule against talking to the opposing head coach vs. trash talking with one of their players?...of course there isn't which is why I hope Rodney appeals it.

It's definately ok to say anything to anyone they please except the ref's as far as I know. I love the fact he got in Billick's face:D

I think the nfl should lighten up and not fine people every chance they get

Interesting discussion since no one here knows what was said to Billick, maybe Rodney was asking him if he were ever to blow a kiss to someone, what would it look like...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back