PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HOF semifinalists

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Expecting Harrison and Ward to get in because Steelers.

Rodney Harrison should get in. He was a pretty feared S with the Chargers and was always regarded as one of the best. His reputation took a massive hit after the Trent Green incident.

Fred Taylor was a bad ass RB. Loved his running style and was one of my favorite RB's. According to Mel Kiper during the 1998 draft I watched recently, he was the Pats 1st choice.

I don't think Wilfork gets in because he was a NT.

Ward doesn't move the needle for me.

Yes to Wayne eventually.

James Harrison maybe. I think him bouncing around getting cut multiple times from the LB friendly Steelers and taking 4 years to get going could hurt him. Only had 3 seasons over 10 sacks. But he does have DPOY with two 1st and 2nd team All Pro's in his favor.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

4 former Pats: Rodney, Wilfork, Fred Taylor, James Harrison. Wayne left/didn't make the final roster so I don't count him as a former Patriot.

You'd think it would be Rodney's turn now.
Big fan of Rodney, but he couldn't pass the basic test of not getting caught for "cheating" with HGH (like have it sent to your wife like Peyton). No doubt there are a lot of "cheaters" already in the Hall, but one can't just fail at basic CYA and expect to get in. Imho, he shouldn't get in. I know it's not a popular opinion here.

Side note: I f'ing hate that ARod is an analyst in MLB even though he's clearly and overwhelmingly known as a cheater. Why bother with the drug tests then? What a joke.

Big fan of Rodney, but he couldn't pass the basic test of not getting caught for "cheating" with HGH (like have it sent to your wife like Peyton). No doubt there are a lot of "cheaters" already in the Hall, but one can't just fail at basic CYA and expect to get in. Imho, he shouldn't get in. I know it's not a popular opinion here.

Side note: I f'ing hate that ARod is an analyst in MLB even though he's clearly and overwhelmingly known as a cheater. Why bother with the drug tests then? What a joke.
Unfortunately you're probably right. That and his reputation for being a dirty player probably won't help him either.

Agree 100% about A-Rod. He can join Bonds and the rest of them getting to the HOF only by buying a ticket.

Vince & Rodney are both deserving.
I've seen almost every Patriot team (born 1960) and Rodney is my favorite player/person. A gentleman executioner if there ever was one.

And I'm sure you know everyone on the ballet that's ever failed one test?

Still annoyed that Rodney took that "skirt" dig at Brady to suck up to his new employer. It was uncalled for and he should have known better.

In fairness I'd think you'd need to tighten that question up before it could be called a fair ask of our man @Jim Beankie
I mean there's a lot of ballets out there, it's unlikely he'd know everyone that's on all of them but he could be acquainted with all of the people on one or two of them. For instance, he may well be pals with the entire board of the West Podunk Ballet but not know a soul on the Bolshoi.

Just sayin'...

I just pay attention to the Pats for Performance Enhancing Drugs*... Kinda sensitive to it as a mega track and field fan because it's a big deal in that world... So guys like BWatson, Ninky, JE11, TerryG, Tyms, Bolden, JermaineC, Rodney... all unfortunately are a step down in my eyes. Welker too even tho it was post Pats.

*Excludes dudes like Blount, Gordon, etc for obvious non performance enhancing reasons.

Peppers and Gates really should get in first ballot.

Vince and Rodney are going to have a tough time again this year. Assuming Peppers goes they would also need Willis to go IMO. His career was shorter but his peak higher. Freeney would also likely go before they do. He had both a high peak and long career. I know we hate everything Colts but all the Patriots love the guy. He wasn't like a Demarcus Ware who trashed them. He was really respectful and seems like a great guy in general.

Will they put in more than 4 defenders? They did one year recently but the trend has always been offense first.

i agree on gates, think i agree on peppers

beyond that it really is a crapshoot.....i'm in the NO camp for james harrison, ward, holt.......i am in the yes camp for hester, i think i'm a yes for steve smith & reggie wayne, maybe even andre johnson? but that's a lot of WRs, it will be interesting to see who, if any, gets it this year.....

i'm a yes on wilfork......but there's not a lot of interior DL in the HOF, but he's right there with warren sapp imho

Freeney and Peppers before anyone else to me.

Both Julius Peppers and Antonio Gates were suspended for PEDs during their careers. Those incidents seem to be memory-holed while Rodney’s is one the first things people bring up about him.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back