PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Honors / HOF announcements

To start, Rodney and linebacker Ray Lewis (HOF Class of 2018) are the only players in NFL history with at least 30 interceptions and 30 sacks, a feat Rodney accomplished first. But for more of an apples-to-apples comparison, let's look at how Rodney's career stacks up against another safety from the era who is already in the Hall of Fame: John Lynch, Class of 2021.

Let me first say that Lynch deserves his spot in Canton. He was a phenomenal safety who played an instrumental role in bringing Tampa Bay its first Super Bowl. But if John is in, Rodney should be, too. The numbers don't lie.
Over the course of their careers, Harrison had more interceptions, sacks and defensive touchdowns than Lynch despite playing 38 fewer games.

Enough of the ******** black-balling of Rodney by many in the media member voting block. He should be in.

To start, Rodney and linebacker Ray Lewis (HOF Class of 2018) are the only players in NFL history with at least 30 interceptions and 30 sacks, a feat Rodney accomplished first. But for more of an apples-to-apples comparison, let's look at how Rodney's career stacks up against another safety from the era who is already in the Hall of Fame: John Lynch, Class of 2021.

Let me first say that Lynch deserves his spot in Canton. He was a phenomenal safety who played an instrumental role in bringing Tampa Bay its first Super Bowl. But if John is in, Rodney should be, too. The numbers don't lie.
Over the course of their careers, Harrison had more interceptions, sacks and defensive touchdowns than Lynch despite playing 38 fewer games.

Enough of the ******** black-balling of Rodney by many in the media member voting block. He should be in.
Very well said.

Several safeties whose careers overlapped with Rodney's have gone in recently and other than Ed Reed in my opinion Rodney is better than them all. Lynch being one of them.

I'll admit I might be a little biased but if your a fan of one of the teams for these other safeties and you don't see he's as good as or close enough to say he belongs in too than your being even more biased. So that's polomalu fans, lynch fans, Dawkins fans, Leroy Butler fans.

There is a clear and obvious set of biases within the corrupt football writer cabal that elects to the HOF, combined with a very immoral game of horse trading that obviously goes on with them. They have warped this process to accommodate their selfish interests. This is epitomized by Wrong Borges whose plagiarism should have ended his career but who instead wields great influence in that wretched hive of scum and villainy

There is a clear and obvious set of biases within the corrupt football writer cabal that elects to the HOF, combined with a very immoral game of horse trading that obviously goes on with them. They have warped this process to accommodate their selfish interests. This is epitomized by Wrong Borges whose plagiarism should have ended his career but who instead wields great influence in that wretched hive of scum and villainy
Joker-worthy post.

Eff Ron Borges.

He’s deserving of it because of his play, but the dirty hits are going to make it tough to get the votes he needs to get in. I hate the way the HOF voting is set up. It should be a mix of former, players, coaches, GM’s, and journalists, and all should be term limited to a defined time span.

Is the scumbag Borges still representing the Patriots? He hasn’t been active in years.

Joker-worthy post.
This is probably the best compliment I’ve ever received here, other than when Joker had a quote of mine in his signature; not coincidentally that quote was another rant I had about football writers.

Many thanks @Clonamery and Happy New Year everyone!

Gates, Hester, Peppers, and Willis and then Rodney should get in that would be my class.

He’s deserving of it because of his play, but the dirty hits are going to make it tough to get the votes he needs to get in. I hate the way the HOF voting is set up. It should be a mix of former, players, coaches, GM’s, and journalists, and all should be term limited to a defined time span.

Is the scumbag Borges still representing the Patriots? He hasn’t been active in years.
It would be a ****show if they did that. Have you seen the NFL Top 100 each year. It's a complete joke. Players are so mcuh more biased.

It would be a ****show if they did that. Have you seen the NFL Top 100 each year. It's a complete joke. Players are so mcuh more biased.

What’s your answer? Or are you ok with the way it is now?

What’s your answer? Or are you ok with the way it is now?
It's fine now. They usually get it right more or less. You let players do it and it will quickly become meaningless. I'd rather a few people on the borderline left out or have to wait a bit than have it be like the Basketball HOF where if you were ever a named player you get in and nobody cares about it.

It's fine now. They usually get it right more or less. You let players do it and it will quickly become meaningless. I'd rather a few people on the borderline left out or have to wait a bit than have it be like the Basketball HOF where if you were ever a named player you get in and nobody cares about it.

I disagree. There is too strong a bias towards guys with numbers over players that just dominated, like Ted Washington. And I hate the fact that washed up journalists like Borges can hang onto their vote forever.

I wasn’t suggesting that it should be given over to all of the players, I was suggesting that there should be committees of former players, coaches, GM’s, and journalists that turn over after 6-8 years.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back