PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

League Modifies Personal Conduct Policy - Now includes incoming draft picks

More stupidity by Goodell and the league office just for the sake of being authoritarian. If this worked, you’d see players getting into less trouble off the field, but you don’t. That makes it a rather worthless endeavor.

Remember that time you got called for holding in 7th grade? Here's a fine.

*yes, I know that's not what this means*

“Mr. Goodell - the amount of athletes in the world who can compete at the NFL level are in the single digits. It’s razor thin.”

“Outstanding. Let’s arbitrarily suspend players with our own kangaroo court. That should make the game more watchable and competitive.”

Too late to suspend that scumbag Hill for his entire rookie year.

What could possibly go wrong with this?

I can see maybe if these punishments applied to draft picks themselves for incidents that occurred post-draft... But to kids who haven't yet been even drafted, for incidents that occurred in college?

The first time this happens, I wouldn't be surprised to see an agent/attorney sue the league on his behalf...

I can see maybe if these punishments applied to draft picks themselves for incidents that occurred post-draft... But to kids who haven't yet been even drafted, for incidents that occurred in college?

The first time this happens, I wouldn't be surprised to see an agent/attorney sue the league on his behalf...
There’s already precedent for the league doing this and nothing happening, lawsuit-wise.

In 2011, Terrelle Pryor ran afoul of NCAA rules at Ohio State. The violations were discovered after the season. He declared for the supplemental draft and was selected by the Raiders. Goodell suspended Pryor for 5 games during his rookie season. You can make an argument that Pryor turned pro to avoid being suspended if he stayed at OSU, but how are NCAA benefits violations also NFL rules violations? And why would the NFL care?

Just to show he wasn’t only singling out players, Goodell also suspended Jim Tressel, Pryor’s college coach, when Tressel got a consulting job with the Colts.

I’m not sure if there are other, more recent examples, but the league has already dipped their foot into this pool and made a farce of it, as usual.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back