PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft blasts Welker's agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
By most accounts, I'm hearing we have approximately 12 mill left in precious cap space. We have no RT and need another 1-2 wr's, 1-2 db's, a DE and could use another DT. Coupled with our sketchy draft record and not many picks this year, yeah I'm just a tad bit concerned.

Re: Patriots wanted Welker over Amendola???

So much whining in this one there is.

It would have nice to Keep WW

I dont believe the agent

Nobody should believe Felger

Kraft is in damage control mode

I would be shocked if the pats never made an offer to WW

Some of this had to be personal between BB and WW

FO was in a tough spot. If they diddnt get WW and lost DA then what?

I think DA will do well here

WW is gone

Move on, get over it, get some therapy.

Yeah the FO makes some questionable moves and some bad draft picks. All teams do. Harping on it over and over is a waste of time.

Focus on things that matter.

Sometimes I wish there was a way to anti-bump a thread, as in push it down off the first page faster.

And yes, I am fully aware of the hypocrisy of this post.

Or you could just PM a Mod and have it merged lickity split.

BTW, why is no mentioning the Sanders farce which was trying to force down Lloyd's already low(by league standards)salary? :D

It was reported weeks before that Lloyd was gonna be cut and where's the report that Pats even made an honest attempt or even an attempt to re-do his deal to keep him?

The report from Schefter was Lloyd was willing to return on a reduced contract and that the two sides have spoken about the possibility. Not that the Pats and Lloyd were working on it.

Pats could have re-done Lloyd for anything and he would have taken the deal.

Sanders coming in for a visit is the Pats having two wide receivers and having some interest in Sanders while knowing Lloyd was gone. If they really wanted to scare Lloyd to take their deal they would have brought in Victor Cruz

Or you could just PM a Mod and have it merged lickity split.

But then what would I do with all this pent up snark?

The Patriots had years to get this done right, and they chose not to. Kraft is just trying to put lipstick on the pig.

It takes two sides to make a deal. Both sides deserve some blame, but I put the fact that a deal didn't get done primarliy on Welker/his agent. It is beyond clear they misjudged the market and would have received more money if they had taken the last offer made to them prior to the start of the 2012 season. They gambled and they ultimately left money on the table. Should the Pats have called him prior to agreeing with Amendola? Sure, that is where I put the blame on the Pats.

This reminds me of the "insult" that Law received from the Pats....in the end he made less money in FA between KC and NYJ then what he was offered from NE.

Either way it is done and I believe we got the better player for the long term. I love Wes and everything he had done here, but I don't think the offense will skip a beat with Amendola lining up in the slot.

One thing that is becoming very clear. Mike Reiss is at the top of Bob Kraft's speed dial

One thing that is becoming very clear. Mike Reiss is at the top of Bob Kraft's speed dial

Nobody cares except for you, Felger and Borges. And that may only be two people.

Too bad FA is over, the draft is already done, and we're past the trading deadline. They really should expand the offseason in the next CBA to longer than one week.

Is Death on the Line? Because if it is, I won't argue with you. Drink up!

Sounds like agent spin to me. Rhody, did you think when the Dunn gave the Pats a final offer that was way over what they thought the market was going to be, they were going to sit around waiting for Wes to come to his senses????. No they used that "legal tampering" time to try an gauge the market on Plan B which was DA. They found that DA had a lot of SERIOUS suitors and if they waited even a day for Wes to come back to reality, he'd likely be gone... .and they could be left without BOTH plan A and B.

The reality, and the Welker whiners better get used to it, is that Wes was both a victim of his greed, his agents incompetence, and some bad timing. IMHO it was more about his agent's incompetence. I can see Wes thinking he'd get more. We all did. Certainly more than 2 for 6. HOWEVER, my question and one that still hasn't been answered, WHY during the 3 days of "legal tamperin" didn't his agent figure out that he'd vastly over estimated the m arket BEFORE actual FA started and the Pats had to act on DA

If the agent had actually DONE his job, he'd have come back to Wes on Tuesday morning and said to him.

"Hey Wes. It doesn't look good out there. From what I'm gathering it doesn't look like what the Pats were offering is too bad. I think I might be able to get a little more guaranteed money out of Denver, but nothing you can't reach with those makeable incentives in the Pats deal. If you really want to go back to the Pats like you said, it does't seem like there is a big enough difference in the years and money to leave." OK buddy, let me know what you decide, just do it before noon so we can set it all up.

THAT conversation obviously DIDN'T happen. Clearly Wes was being told that there WERE significantly better deals out there on Tuesday. So by Wednesday and reality had hit them both square in the eye, the Pats had been FORCED to move on, by the time constraints of the DA deal.

It was sad, unfortunate and TOTALLY unnecessary, but how can you blame the Pats?

Sounds like agent spin to me. Rhody, did you think when the Dunn gave the Pats a final offer that was way over what they thought the market was going to be, they were going to sit around waiting for Wes to come to his senses????. No they used that "legal tampering" time to try an gauge the market on Plan B which was DA. They found that DA had a lot of SERIOUS suitors and if they waited even a day for Wes to come back to reality, he'd likely be gone... .and they could be left without BOTH plan A and B.

The reality, and the Welker whiners better get used to it, is that Wes was both a victim of his greed, his agents incompetence, and some bad timing. IMHO it was more about his agent's incompetence. I can see Wes thinking he'd get more. We all did. Certainly more than 2 for 6. HOWEVER, my question and one that still hasn't been answered, WHY during the 3 days of "legal tamperin" didn't his agent figure out that he'd vastly over estimated the m arket BEFORE actual FA started and the Pats had to act on DA

If the agent had actually DONE his job, he'd have come back to Wes on Tuesday morning and said to him.

"Hey Wes. It doesn't look good out there. From what I'm gathering it doesn't look like what the Pats were offering is too bad. I think I might be able to get a little more guaranteed money out of Denver, but nothing you can't reach with those makeable incentives in the Pats deal. If you really want to go back to the Pats like you said, it does't seem like there is a big enough difference in the years and money to leave." OK buddy, let me know what you decide, just do it before noon so we can set it all up.

THAT conversation obviously DIDN'T happen. Clearly Wes was being told that there WERE significantly better deals out there on Tuesday. So by Wednesday and reality had hit them both square in the eye, the Pats had been FORCED to move on, by the time constraints of the DA deal.

It was sad, unfortunate and TOTALLY unnecessary, but how can you blame the Pats?

Absolutely correct sir!!!

The world may never know. . . .

tootsie-pop-owl.jpg

I thought the losing Welker wake was last week ...

I've moved on ... Wes and Danny will have fine seasons barring injury so whatever.

More than one way to skin a cat as they say.

Last edited:
The arrogance continues.
Why is Robert Kraft opining that Wes Welker might be cut after year 1 in Denver?? Why is Kraft commenting on Welker's deal with Denver??
Bob Kraft says he doesn't answer to Tom Brady???
Psssst, hey Bobby you ain't no model franchise without #12.
God I wish Tom Brady had Gisele's balls and mouth. Someone needs to put Kraft in his place.
Gisele would in 1.2 seconds.

Yes, someone needs to put the owner of the Patriots in place :rolleyes:

What a load of crap.

HE OWNS THE GOD DAMN TEAM...he can do what he wants.

I think its very clear that Welker's camp misinterpreted the market.

What a load of crap.

I guess Patriots considered Amendola, as "2nd-rate", based on Kraft's comments..

Clearly Wes was being told that there WERE significantly better deals out there on Tuesday. So by Wednesday and reality had hit them both square in the eye, the Pats had been FORCED to move on, by the time constraints of the DA deal.

Sadly I can only agree. The evidence of the first week is overwhelming that supply exceeds demand and budgets are tight. I would like to know if there has ever been a FA year like this one, where so many starter quality FAs have been on the market with so little cap room to go around. The CBA can be be blamed for some of this. There is certainly no excuse for the agent to have misjudged the market so badly.

Both the team and Welker have suffered, and yes, to reiterate Patfankens point, it was all so unnecessary.

Pretty insightful stuff from Kraft. If I'm Welker I would fire my agent. Clearly the best fit for him is with the Patriots. Now he's gone and he isn't really getting that much more from the Broncos.

What a load of crap.

Well someone behind a keyboard could send him a very strongly worded eamil or a nasty "tweet".;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents