PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Did he establish himself as the greatest Patriot of all-time not named Tom Brady? No question now that Gronkowski is the best tight end in NFL history. Despite a knee injury that won't heal until the offseason and re-aggravated back pain, Gronkowski went against two of the league's best defenses, both with game plans designed to stop him at all costs. Fighting through double and triple teams, he finished the postseason with 15 catches, 227 yards, and 3 TDs, while setting the record for most career TDs by a tight end, now at nine.

In the process, Gronkowski made two of the most clutch plays in team history today, plays that would have gone down as folklore had the team pulled it off.

This guy is just a once-in-lifetime talent, and there's no one in the NFL at the skill positions that comes close to matching his game-changing abilities.

He also walked off the field the first drive of the second half because he was dehydrated.

I really wish we would've taken it into overtime, because that last drive would've went down in history as one of the most epic in Patriots (and even postseason) history.

First, you had the absurd 4th down completion to Gronk on like the 30 yard pass on 4th-and-10. Then, you had Gronk catching that touchdown on 4th down. His adjustment on the ball was great, it was basically sheer determination.

I really wish we would've taken it into overtime, because that last drive would've went down in history as one of the most epic in Patriots (and even postseason) history.

First, you had the absurd 4th down completion to Gronk on like the 30 yard pass on 4th-and-10. Then, you had Gronk catching that touchdown on 4th down. His adjustment on the ball was great, it was basically sheer determination.

On the long pass play, there were two defenders. Yes, he had a step on both of them. But then he had to keep the ball while BOTH of them were clutching at his arms.

But if he only played in the Eagles game. AFCCG could have been in Foxboro. Anyone else feeling that now?

What is it with clutch TE play in losing efforts in Denver???

I'm just glad he made it out of the season in one piece. Heal up big man, see you in a few months.

Just a monster monster game when he was double and triple teamed all day.

Cannot think of another receiver do what he did today. Just domination.

What do you think would have happened differently that would have been likely to affect the outcome?

The Broncos would not have played as conservatively on offense with a five point lead as opposed to an eight point lead. Manning was in Safe Mode most of the game. Broncos defensive strategy likely would have been different as well. Not saying the Patriots would not have won, but I highly doubt things would have played out the exact same way after kicking a field goal as opposed to getting stuffed on 4th down.

If only we would of went for 3 instead going for it on fourth down Gronk would of won us the game

Ya. Assuming ghost makes the FG and we still get a 3 and out and of course everything else unfolds the same.

It would not have and there's no use dwelling on what didn't happen and focus on how Denver defence once again destroyed our offense in a championship game.

Our defense did its job. Our offense did not. That's as simple as it gets.

Hausziege_04.jpg

Gronk was a beast as usual.

Any word on whether Edelman aggravated his injury last week or early on in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back