PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Broncos would not have played as conservatively on offense with a five point lead as opposed to an eight point lead. Manning was in Safe Mode most of the game. Broncos defensive strategy likely would have been different as well. Not saying the Patriots would not have won, but I highly doubt things would have played out the exact same way after kicking a field goal as opposed to getting stuffed on 4th down.
It could've played out one of several ways. I personally wanted the 3 points because I wasn't too keen on the idea of having to go for a 2-point conversion "just" to tie it and mostly, I felt that Denver would've tried to force the offense to get in field goal range and I believe our D was due for a turnover from how tough they were playing. I really believed our defense was going to pull one out for once. Oh well...really pumped about the possibility of this D for next year though.

His legs are his mojo

His legs are beat up

Did u see game? Could barely run

You don't get better after those injuries

He is a warrior but he is diminished
THIS GUY
bridge-troll-4e7123d-intro.jpg

He's like old Larry Bird. Comes in, drains a 3 and then onto the ground for a back massage.

Given how much he's injured I am beginning to question his propensity for acting foolishly and guzzling beers when comparing him to Brady with his carefully crafted lifestyle and durability. He's so superior physically that he must feel invincable, until he gets hurt. Seems that is nearly every game he participates in at this point.

He's like old Larry Bird. Comes in, drains a 3 and then onto the ground for a back massage.

Given how much he's injured I am beginning to question his propensity for acting foolishly and guzzling beers when comparing him to Brady with his carefully crafted lifestyle and durability. He's so superior physically that he must feel invincable, until he gets hurt. Seems that is nearly every game he participates in at this point.
Seriously? Gronk works as hard as anyone on the team. You don't have his athleticism without meticulously taking care of his body. The guy had a bruised knee and freaking muscle cramps. That's extremely healthy compared to most players on the team. There were 20 players questionable for this game with injury. TWENTY. Singling out gronk and Questioning his commitment is ludicrous.

Did he establish himself as the greatest Patriot of all-time not named Tom Brady? No question now that Gronkowski is the best tight end in NFL history. Despite a knee injury that won't heal until the offseason and re-aggravated back pain, Gronkowski went against two of the league's best defenses, both with game plans designed to stop him at all costs. Fighting through double and triple teams, he finished the postseason with 15 catches, 227 yards, and 3 TDs, while setting the record for most career TDs by a tight end, now at nine.

In the process, Gronkowski made two of the most clutch plays in team history today, plays that would have gone down as folklore had the team pulled it off.

This guy is just a once-in-lifetime talent, and there's no one in the NFL at the skill positions that comes close to matching his game-changing abilities.

But, but Tawmmy doesn't haz teh weaponz!

Seriously? Gronk works as hard as anyone on the team. You don't have his athleticism without meticulously taking care of his body. The guy had a bruised knee and freaking muscle cramps. That's extremely healthy compared to most players on the team. Questioning his commitment is ludicrous.
I figured there would be a response like this.. How much potential is he leaving on the table is all I'm asking? How does Brady feel about watching him guzzle beers on TMZ and then cramp up and get dehydrated in the big game? Especially in the context of Brady's strong belief in his ultra-restrictive diet/routine.

I figured there would be a response like this.. How much potential is he leaving on the table is all I'm asking? How does Brady feel about watching him guzzle beers on TMZ and then cramp up and get dehydrated in the big game? Especially in the context of Brady's strong belief in his ultra-restrictive diet/routine.
Gronk isn't guzzling beers before games. It's mostly in the offseason. And Brady has spoken many times about his beer guzzling days in his twenties before marrying Gisele. The reason I'm saying all this is that it irks me that people see gronk as any different than any 20 something year old player. The only difference is he is higher profile and easier for tmz to get their hands on. What Brady sees every day is gronk working his ass off to physically and mentally prepare for games. Belichick called gronk one the hardest workers he has ever coached. So when he misses 5 plays out of 80 for cramping in the highest altitude stadium in the NFL, I think he gets the benefit of the doubt. Especially when he's the only player on offense who played like he wanted to get to the super bowl.

What?

Gronk isn't guzzling beers before games. It's mostly in the offseason. And Brady has spoken many times about his beer guzzling days in his twenties before marrying Gisele. The reason I'm saying all this is that it irks me that people see gronk as any different than any 20 something year old player. The only difference is he is higher profile and easier for tmz to get their hands on. What Brady sees every day is gronk working his ass off to physically and mentally prepare for games. Belichick called gronk one the hardest workers he has ever coached. So when he misses 5 plays out of 80 for cramping in the highest altitude stadium in the NFL, I think he gets the benefit of the doubt. Especially when he's the only player on offense who played like he wanted to get to the super bowl.
I don't disagree with any of this, esp the bolded.

It's hard to explain in a forum, but I am not trying to make a huge deal of this. Just making the suggestion and putting it out there.

FWIW, this play was kind of big:

Did Broncos get away with pass interference on Gronkowski? - CBSSports.com

Watch the video posted by MarcusD. Watch the slo-mo replay. You'll see Talib's right hand wrapped around Gronk's waist, and Talib's left hand yanking hard on Gronk's jersey, pulling him down while Talib used that leverage to leap. Clearly there's no way Talib (6'1") can get his hand a foot higher than Gronk (6'6") without some help. It happened RIGHT in front of the official. Of course, no call. The Pats would have had time to get the ball back (failing to convert the 2-pointer) needing only a field goal to win the game.

On the whole, the refs were ok. But at a key moment, an obvious call went against the Patriots, and it clearly impacted the final score.

Tell you one thing. He kills the broncos in the playoffs

10 rec 145 3 TD in '11
8 rec 144 1 TD yesterday

Only TE in history with 2 games of over 140 yards receiving in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe