PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury: torn ACL, MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

Adrian Peterson had 2097 yards(almost breaking the NFL record) and 12TDs

You are right. I looked at his stats backwards.

Either way, a torn ACL and MCL around the same time that Gronk tore his the year before didn't hurt his production the following year.

I think that AP was sort of atypical though. Welker wasn't the same for the first year he came back although he still played decently, if I recall. And RG3 hasn't played well but who knows how much of that has to do with the general mess that is the Redskins organization.

Either way, a torn ACL and MCL around the same time that Gronk tore his the year before didn't hurt his production the following year.

We don't know that's true.

Well, we can count one pick of the next draft for a TE and I don't doubt a double dip.

Either that or BB will have to break the piggy on the FA.

I think that AP was sort of atypical though. Welker wasn't the same for the first year he came back although he still played decently, if I recall. And RG3 hasn't played well but who knows how much of that has to do with the general mess that is the Redskins organization.

Peterson is the exception rather than the rule.

Well, we can count one pick of the next draft for a TE and I don't doubt a double dip.

As I've said elsewhere, this merely cements something that's been true ever since the Prisoner earned his release from the team.

As I've said elsewhere, this merely cements something that's been true ever since the Prisoner earned his release from the team.

The problem is that TE's are hot on NFL right now with all the teams copying the offense BB designed so the good TE's won't last until 3rd round imho, from 3rd on it's prospects and I don't think BB will use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a TE, the 1st will be on defense and the 2nd on a long snapper.

The silver lining here is that when gronk comes back is fully healthy and cleared to play, it'll almost be the playoffs 2014, exactly what a bunch of doom and gloomers want, Gronkowski only active for playoff games.

No, I wasn't. Ward launched himself at Gronkowski and he launched himself low. Your GIF openly demonstrates that. There's nothing in the league rules that says you have to go low. Players are choosing to go low. There's a perfectly legitimate target between the shoulders and hips to aim at, which is where you should be aiming if you're tackling properly.

To keep this civil, that's not a knock on Ward but a knock on the NFL, Patriots players included.

I dispelled this in the game day thread. Making a tackle natrually entails that you "launch yourself" at another player. When you're a smaller DB going up against a bigger TE known to drag DB's another 5-10 yards downfield for going high and you couple that with the fact that DB's can not longer go high without drawing 15-yard flags, what you get is a hit on the legs. Unfortunately, the knee is part of the leg and sometimes absorbs a good portion of the impact. If Ward had aimed at Gronk's midsection, he would have bounced off of him. Like others in the game day thread, you're letting your anger over the Gronk injury override your better judgement skills.

Well, our eventual 1st/2nd round rookie TE will have a whole training camp to be TE1 and plenty of first team reps. Hope the kid is a good one.

Guess that safety in WAS wasn't so far off in his comments after all.

Breaking News NFLN-Gronk tore ACL and MCL

Tough tough break for Gronkowski. It is going to be a long recovery, we should all wish him well.

I doubt it. The Pats are already up to their ears in cap money dedicated to the tight end position for 2014. The killer is Aaron Hernandez' $7.5 million hit in 2014 (pun emphatically intended). Miguel's UNOFFICIAL 2014 Patriots Salary Cap Information Page

My guess is we'll see a healthy Gronkowski along with a late round draft pick and the return of Matthew Mulligan and James Develin who have shown some good ball skills and blocking ability. Develin made a terrific catch down the sideline against the Browns that bodes well for an expanded role next year.

Re: Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL (MOD EDIT: AND Damaged MCL)

Patriots deserve two lombardis if they are able to pull off winning the super bowl with the ridiculous amount of injuries they've had. How long before Brady, McCourty, Talib, Mankins, and Dennard are out for the year?

I wish him all the best for his recovery.

It looks like we will probably be without him for part of 2014 as most people don't recover for close to a year. I am really depressed about this . He makes this offense so much better!!:(

Gronk doesn't rely on his quickness like Welker does, so while I think he'll be diminished next year, he'll play at far closer to his 'true' level than Welker did in 2010. This news sucks, but I accepted yesterday that he's out for the year. At this point, I'm just hoping that it's nothing more than ligament tears, which nowadays can be repaired reliably and have a very manageable recovery timeline.

I doubt it. The Pats are already up to their ears in cap money dedicated to the tight end position for 2014. The killer is Aaron Hernandez' $7.5 million hit in 2014 (pun emphatically intended). Miguel's UNOFFICIAL 2014 Patriots Salary Cap Information Page

My guess is we'll see a healthy Gronkowski along with a late round draft pick and the return of Matthew Mulligan and James Develin who have shown some good ball skills and blocking ability. Develin made a terrific catch down the sideline against the Browns that bodes well for an expanded role next year.

This year, too. We're going to see a lot more of Develin going forward, IMO.

Patriots deserve two lombardis if they are able to pull off winning the super bowl with the ridiculous amount of injuries they've had. How long before Brady, McCourty, Talib, Mankins, and Dennard are out for the year?

Froob , please don't say that even if you are joking. It's like bad karma or something or maybe I am just over sensitive regarding injuries!!

This doesn't make any sense. That money is already gone, and gets the Pats no benefit, so there's no real point in "tying" it to the TE position.

Moreover, it's a one-year hit, whereas even a first-round draft pick would be fairly affordable for 4+ years (Chandler Jones' cap hit is less than $2M this year).

Peterson is the exception rather than the rule.

Peterson also was fairly average (relatively speaking) for the first half of last season before exploding like an atomic bomb in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes