PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury: torn ACL, MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

I can't file this one under injury prone. Anyone would have gotten hurt after that hit. I file the never-ending arm saga under injury-prone, nagging back issues, sure, but this? No.

I've reached the point where I'm seriously getting used to the idea of a life without Gronk. Unfortunately.

I Hope it's a normal ACL tear which is already severe, but I'm afraid for something like Jake Ballard's injury.

Well, I'm not trying to blame no one on this play although I think Ward could have tackled shoulder to shoulder (I need to double check that), anyway, I was afraid of something like that coming. Gronk is an absolute beast but he doesn't protect himself and he should, he was already banged up and he's the franchise best weapon on the offense along with Brady.

Gronk run over defenses without breaks but it's not hard to imagine that someday he wouldn't. I respect his style of play, so much energy, effort, but sometimes for what? 5 extra yards? He gets the first down, the YAC, and keep going, ok, is he supposed to do anything different? Of course not but he's gotta play smart, give up some yards and protect himself and the franchise just like Brady does.

He will come back next season, with knee brace, cast on his arm, all sorts of protection, a Cyborg, GRONKBORG, and will blow defenses AGAIN.
I just hope BB sets a new game plan for him and Gronk gets the idea of having the first down and enough.

#GRONKSTRONG

Jake Ballard had cartilage damage that required microfracture surgery. That is very rare in ACL injuries. It isn't out of the realm of possibility for Gronk, but it isn't likely either.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
MRI on Rob Gronkowski confirmed torn ACL, torn MCL. Season done.

As long as that is it, he should be back and close to 100% for the 2014 season. Granted the torn MCL may delay the ACL surgery.

Per twitter, it's an ACL and an MCL tear.

It still could have been worse.

Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

Was really hoping only an acl. Hope gronk gets better soon!!!

welker tore his acl and mcl in 2009, and came back for the start of 2010 season.

although it seems like it takes a full year of playing to fully recover from it.

Per twitter, it's an ACL and an MCL tear.

It still could have been worse.
We don't actually know it's not worse but the first report came from PFT (aka Rosenhaus, Gronk's agent) so if there was cartlidge, nerve damage, we probably would have heard about it from them.

My daughter has been writing him letters each time he gets hurt, I have to ask her to write another one.... very sad... :-(

Damn.:( I was really hoping for a miracle. Feel bad for the big guy, he has had to endure a lot on the injury front. Wishing him a speedy recovery. I think Ward could have just wrapped him up, going for the knees is just effed up!!!

Btw Adam Shefter just made a good point. The reason Gronk slipped in the college draft was because of his injury history in college. He is what he is. It's sad really.

Seriously. . . . what does injury history have to do with this?

Honestly, the reason he's injured right now is simply that, ironically, he's too big and too strong.

welker tore his acl and mcl in 2009, and came back for the start of 2010 season.

although it seems like it takes a full year of playing to fully recover from it.

Not anymore. Adrian Peterson tore both his ACL and MCL December 18, 2011 and got over 1,700 yards and 9 TDs in 2012 and won the league MVP.

Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

Seriously. . . . what does injury history have to do with this?

Honestly, the reason he's injured right now is simply that, ironically, he's too big and too strong.

Yep. He is too big and too strong and players are taking him out in ways that are susceptible injuries. He routinely getting taken down at the legs, was just a matter of time before this was going to happen. Poor gronk, how many more of these season ending injuries can he take before he hangs up football?

What an unfortunate injury. I still believe in this team, though. I hope they can stay somewhat efficient in the red zone without Gronk being out there.

And the need for a TE in next year's draft has skyrocketed in the last 24 hours.

I think the Neely comparison is a good one. Both dynamic and physical players. Unfortunately for the Patriots Gronk will never deliver the 6 - 7 great years that Neely did before injuries started to took their toll on him.
Gronk has delivered one year without injury.
Btw Adam Shefter just made a good point. The reason Gronk slipped in the college draft was because of his injury history in college. He is what he is. It's sad really.
The Patriots need to move on from it.

The Neely comparison is a great one. Gronk is a tremendous player but the reality is that as great of a player he is he simply cannot stay healthy. He was injured against the Giants in the SB, he was out in the playoffs least year and he is out again this year. I love Gronk but he cannot be relied on any more.

Gronk has a bad back, bad arm and a bad leg. He will heal up but it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he may never be the same physically or mentally. Sad to say it does not appear Gronk will ever have the same longevity as say Tony Gonzalez.

Not anymore. Adrian Peterson tore both his ACL and MCL December 18, 2011 and got over 1,700 yards and 9 TDs in 2012 and won the league MVP.

Gronk needs to call up AP's doctor pronto!

I am irate now at tom dimitroff for refusing to trade tony gonzalez at the trade deadline.

Well, Welker and Brady came back from similar surgeries. I hope Gronk has a speedy and full recovery.

Ah, torn ACL and MCL. Well, it still could have been worse. It definitely could have. Athletes come back from that injury all the time. I just hate that this had to happen to Gronk after just coming back from a different injury.

Adrian Peterson had 2097 yards(almost breaking the NFL record) and 12TDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back