PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury: torn ACL, MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring Gronk back for the playoffs next year.

Re: Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

And that's really what life is all about: being right on an internet forum about the exact recovery time for an athlete whose leg was recently mangled.

As one half of the spat, I agree it is stupid about being right. I don't know why it is so important to be right or wrong. I am sorry I got into this.

All we have to go on is historical data with players with the same injury and the timeframe to return puts it at the start of the season. There are no guarantees about that. I just think it is silly to say things like there is no way he will be back until at least November because it looked so bad on the field when the historical facts say there is a great chance Gronk will be back for the start of the season.

I didn't mean to get into this p*ssing match with this guy.

They won't wait 8-9 months for the MCL to heal and then go repair the ACL taking another 8+ months on top of that

All we know for sure is he is going to be out a while. Would love for him to pull a AP and heal from a ACL like nothing. But i really want him to take his time for this one. If he has to sit out a year to be 100%? So be it

Reports say that they will wait 3-4 weeks for the MCL to heal before they do the surgery. The good news are unless it is a complete tear, MCLs tend to heal fairly quickly (or at least heal enough to do the surgery).

I think gronk will be back and the same when he returns With the advent of modern medicine it seems players return from acl tears to likely the same player. Welker and Peterson were able to be back for the following season

Problem is usually it takes 2years until the player is 100% the same...will gronk be like welker? Who had a good but down year for him(only 800 yards) or a Peterson like recovery?

One thing to keep in mind as well is that gronk is younger than those 2 when they had that injury

The thing is Gronk is more of a straight line runner. I think Welker took longer to get back to 100% because he is a type of receiver who has to make fast cuts and put a lot of lateral pressure on that knee to pivot. Gronk doesn't need to do that. He is more likely to be closer to 100% when he returns because of that.

Re: Gronkowski carted off the field after knee injury

Don't know if he will ever finish a 16 game campaign again without a injury....everytime this happens I think what if Hernandez wasn't such a moron..this wouldn't have been as devastating as it is now.

Probably would have the same effect. Hernandez was always missing games for some sort of injury. I don't think he ever played a whole 16 games. With the way this season is going, he probably would've been taken out too.

Let's not call Hernandez a moron yet (unless its because of who he associate himself with), prosecution has no case it seems and Hernandez looks pretty confident. He's a got a good alibi and he's gonna make the state of Mass, look like fools in the end.

Walton had chronic foot problems. small foot bones don't heal well.

Gronk does not have knees that attract safeties, arms that are more prone than any to break when a 270 pound outstretched player lands on them.

It's a ridiculous comparison. If he got hit by a bus, it wouldn't make him hit by a bus prone either.

I actually disagree, even though I think injury proneness is a questionable diagnosis in general. Gronk's had injury problems since he started college, including some really bad ones. Yes, some of his surgeries were results of complications that had nothing to do with football. But he also plays in a way that invites injury -- he's tall and runs high and seeks contact rather than going down.

I actually disagree, even though I think injury proneness is a questionable diagnosis in general. Gronk's had injury problems since he started college, including some really bad ones. Yes, some of his surgeries were results of complications that had nothing to do with football. But he also plays in a way that invites injury -- he's tall and runs high and seeks contact rather than going down.

Excellent post!

But he also plays in a way that invites injury -- he's tall and runs high and seeks contact rather than going down.

That's what i'm talking about for quite a long time.

A knee injury was just a matter of time, players grab his leg below the knee and he keeps forcing (that's not good for meniscus) , he runs at full speed having front collisions and running over anyone.

This tackle made by Ward for example, he saw it coming. The first down was there, the YAC was there. What's the need for having a truck like that over you fro another 5 or 10 yards? I need to see again to see if it was avoidable, I think it was. It's not only the knee injury, even if it didn't happen, a tackle like that and he would go down badly on his left arm.

I think from now on they have to be extremely cautious with Gronk, like make the catch and go down unless there are field available to run without 2 or 3 guys climbing on him.

Either that or this dude will set a new record for surgeries.

Hopefully he can get healthy and stay healthy for the rest of his career. If he suffers another major injury in the next season or 2, I'd rather see him retire than try and play again. It really got me choked up seeing him lying there on the field Sunday...

Probably would have the same effect. Hernandez was always missing games for some sort of injury. I don't think he ever played a whole 16 games. With the way this season is going, he probably would've been taken out too.

Let's not call Hernandez a moron yet (unless its because of who he associate himself with), prosecution has no case it seems and Hernandez looks pretty confident. He's a got a good alibi and he's gonna make the state of Mass, look like fools in the end.

Not to drum this up again, but whether Hernandez is convicted of murder or not, it seems pretty clear he is guilty as sin. Just because you aren't convicted of a crime doesn't mean you didn't commit that crime.

Wow, just Wow! :eek::bricks:

Re: Pats should request that league review how opponents defend and tackle Gronkowski

omfg are you guys serious

I refuse to believe adults are capable of such whining.

I know you are not new here, which leads my to assume this is the first time you've read the board sober.:D

Re: Pats should request that league review how opponents defend and tackle Gronkowski

I know you are not new here, which leads my to assume this is the first time you've read the board sober.:D

Lol no

I think the series of threads I went to overwhelmed me

i heard yesterday that this goes all the way back to his high school days. that the only time gronk played an entire season going back to his high school days was 2010.

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but i can't be the only one that finds it ironic the patriots have lost their 2 best tight ends to the biggest concerns teams had about them in the draft?

Rob gronkowski "STRENGTHS Gronkowski has prototypical size and good speed. Shows fluid hips and runs precise routes. Possesses the lateral quickness and burst to get open in man coverage. Catches the ball away from his chest and displays good body control. Effective blocker that can generate a push. Very productive in his two seasons in the Pac-10.
WEAKNESSES Durability concerns since he missed the entire 2009 season after back surgery and missed three games in 2008. Does not have a great top-end speed and may not be able to stretch the field at the next level. Lacks the elusiveness to make people miss after catch."

And we all know about aaron hernandez.

I give the patriots organization major props for taking a chance on two high risk players.

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but i can't be the only one that finds it ironic the patriots have lost their 2 best tight ends to the biggest concerns teams had about them in the draft?

Rob gronkowski "STRENGTHS Gronkowski has prototypical size and good speed. Shows fluid hips and runs precise routes. Possesses the lateral quickness and burst to get open in man coverage. Catches the ball away from his chest and displays good body control. Effective blocker that can generate a push. Very productive in his two seasons in the Pac-10.
WEAKNESSES Durability concerns since he missed the entire 2009 season after back surgery and missed three games in 2008. Does not have a great top-end speed and may not be able to stretch the field at the next level. Lacks the elusiveness to make people miss after catch."

And we all know about aaron hernandez.

I give the patriots organization major props for taking a chance on two high risk players.
The bolded comment gave me a chuckle.

Re: Gronk injury

I'm so bummed that I just got around to posting anything in the last few days. The back is still more of a concern to me than anything else, but this is tough for the team and, more importantly, for Gronk. At times he seems like a kid at heard and this is the type of thing that can zap that childlike enthusiasm for the game. That's what makes Gronk . . . well . . . Gronk. I hope he comes back still able to be the best TE in the NFL.

Re: Gronk injury

I'm so bummed that I just got around to posting anything in the last few days. The back is still more of a concern to me than anything else, but this is tough for the team and, more importantly, for Gronk. At times he seems like a kid at heard and this is the type of thing that can zap that childlike enthusiasm for the game. That's what makes Gronk . . . well . . . Gronk. I hope he comes back still able to be the best TE in the NFL.
Feel exactly the same.

Have been depressed ever since. In fact it's the first time I didn't actually finish watching a Pats game this season. Not because of how the game was going, but just sick to my stomach when I saw Gronk go out again and haven't been able to bring myself to even post.

I don't easily get disheartened, but that did it. Not just because I think it will affect our chances, but for Gronk personally. I fear for him as I see him always being a target for such hits, legal or otherwise. It almost seems as unfair as he must appear to other teams due to him being so dominant. I just don't know what can be done in order for him to have a long term, successful career.

Seeing RG3 still not 100% and what he lost this year also worries me. Hopefully Gronk comes back more like Peterson than RG3.

Get well soon Gronk. We'll miss ya you big goof ball!

To be fair, the injury concerns about Gronk in the draft were all to do with his back. He would have been a top 10 pick, but some teams removed him from their board entirely because there were rumors that his back injury was so bad that he'd never play football again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back