PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RFA WR Danario Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we go after danario we should take a flier on austin collie, i heard he might get cleared from his 48 concussions this year.

Not sure if this is serious, but I'm fairly certain Collie's brain is essentially Cream of Wheat at this point.

I'm against it because were he here I couldn't use the DA abbreviation and save valuable time posting

Come on PWP surely you could spare the time put a 1 or 2 after the DA abbreviation!!

DA1 - Amendola

So what is the downside to offering him a short low money contract if he isn't even valued enough to get a RFA requiring a draft pick? He can't be worth than ocho and he'd be about 1/3 the price.

I'd would definitely take a flyer on him. Big time legit talent, but obviously just as big of a health risk.

Danario Alexander: the big, fast WR the Pats seek, and he is hiding in the weeds?

I'm against it because were he here I couldn't use the DA abbreviation and save valuable time posting

His abbreviation is actually DX, and his celebration after touchdowns is making an X with his forearms.

Love him.

I'd much rather take a chance on Heyward-Bey. I know he's considered a bust, but his 2011 season is far better than any season Amendola, Sanders or Alexander have had. I imagine his price is going to be reasonable, and I really believe he could be a threat on the outside with so much focus on our TEs and Slot.

Since he got Palmer at QB, who is not in the same stratosphere as Brady, his productivity saw an immediate rise. Why couldn't a similar jump in effectiveness happen with another move to a better QB and more weapons? I think you really have to throw out his first two years when he was dealing with JaMarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski and Jason Campbell at QB. Oakland has just been a place where WRs go to die. Look what happened to Randy's production when he went there. I'd love to see us take a chance with this guy.

His abbreviation is actually DX, and his celebration after touchdowns is making an X with his forearms.

Love him.

Patsfans celebrates diversity!

The problem with everyone here saying we could sign him cheap is that SD may well match any other of the 30 teams offering him a contract unless bidding gets out of hand, and if it does it won't be the Pats as high bidder. It's a possibility someone including us gets DX but not straightforward.

Can't believe SD would let him go unless we were to make a high offer. And a high offer would be a risk.

I love what I've seen of him, I admit. He's got the wingspan and speed to make corners cry.

I'm not sure the Patriots are looking for that big and fast outside threat. I don't know why the heck they're not.

What would it take to have SD let him walk, I wonder?

Can't believe SD would let him go unless we were to make a high offer. And a high offer would be a risk.

I love what I've seen of him, I admit. He's got the wingspan and speed to make corners cry.

I'm not sure the Patriots are looking for that big and fast outside threat. I don't know why the heck they're not.

What would it take to have SD let him walk, I wonder?

5 surgeries might have something to do with it.

I'd much rather take a chance on Heyward-Bey. I know he's considered a bust, but his 2011 season is far better than any season Amendola, Sanders or Alexander have had. I imagine his price is going to be reasonable, and I really believe he could be a threat on the outside with so much focus on our TEs and Slot.

Since he got Palmer at QB, who is not in the same stratosphere as Brady, his productivity saw an immediate rise. Why couldn't a similar jump in effectiveness happen with another move to a better QB and more weapons? I think you really have to throw out his first two years when he was dealing with JaMarcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski and Jason Campbell at QB. Oakland has just been a place where WRs go to die. Look what happened to Randy's production when he went there. I'd love to see us take a chance with this guy.

Heyward-Bey had never produced.

Danario Alexander put up over 600 yards in about 8 games last year. Project it to a full season and that's 1200 yards receiving. He's a health risk sure, but we don't give up draft picks and might end up with a monster on the outside to complement DA on the cheap.

I take that back. DHB hasn't produced as much on a per game basis as DX did last year. Less injury concerns yes, but isn't he a walking drop machine?

Interesting news history on DHB - drunk driving arrest, concussion, concussion. Maybe there's a reason the Raiders released him:

http://www.fantasyplaymakers.com/players.php/subcat3/8734/cat/3/fname/Darrius/lname/Heyward-Bey/

I just don't know if the Pats are interested. Might be the health issues...

Stop messing around with this flotsam and jetsam and take Hopkins in the draft.

I was speaking IN GENERAL with that comment, not about this guy in particular.

Injuries? Everyone was hot and bothered about smurf WR Emmanual Sanders last week....He of the two foot operations and a bum shoulder. There maybe a reason he left without a signed offer. Mike Tomlin himself said in 2011 he did not know if Sanders could remain healthy. I am sure the Pats medical staff checked him out. That might be the answer.

Don't we have a TE with 3 arm operations this year and neck operations in the past? I am cringing for the first time he falls on that arm this next season.

I saw the Alexander tapes. He did not look hobbled to me. Watch him pull away from the CBs chasing him...just sayin. I am no Doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express but he seems pretty fast(very) and happens to change direction fairly nifty. For a five time surgery guy he would still be our fastest (and biggest) WR.

Didn't our newest WR addition Jones sit out the 2012 remainder with a season ending kidney ailment?

DA almost had a fatal injury where the clavicle almost went into his aorta last season.

The injuries are all relevant. The question is are they all recovered.
DW Toys

Injuries? Everyone was hot and bothered about smurf WR Emmanual Sanders last week....He of the two foot operations and a bum shoulder. There maybe a reason he left without a signed offer. Mike Tomlin himself said in 2011 he did not know if Sanders could remain healthy. I am sure the Pats medical staff checked him out. That might be the answer.

Don't we have a TE with 3 arm operations this year and neck operations in the past? I am cringing for the first time he falls on that arm this next season.

I saw the Alexander tapes. He did not look hobbled to me. Watch him pull away from the CBs chasing him...just sayin. I am no Doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express but he seems pretty fast(very) and happens to change direction fairly nifty. For a five time surgery guy he would still be our fastest (and biggest) WR.

Didn't our newest WR addition Jones sit out the 2012 remainder with a season ending kidney ailment?

DA almost had a fatal injury where the clavicle almost went into his aorta last season.

The injuries are all relevant. The question is are they all recovered.
DW Toys

Not sure if this was supposed to be aimed at me...

Heck, I'm not even disagreeing with you! My question remains: how much do you think they'd have to go to have SD let him walk.

Heyward-Bey had never produced.

Danario Alexander put up over 600 yards in about 8 games last year. Project it to a full season and that's 1200 yards receiving. He's a health risk sure, but we don't give up draft picks and might end up with a monster on the outside to complement DA on the cheap.

I take that back. DHB hasn't produced as much on a per game basis as DX did last year. Less injury concerns yes, but isn't he a walking drop machine?

Interesting news history on DHB - drunk driving arrest, concussion, concussion. Maybe there's a reason the Raiders released him:

Darrius Heyward-Bey Fantasy football stats

I just don't know if the Pats are interested. Might be the health issues...

I get all that, but his 2011 season was far better than any season anybody currently on the Pats' roster has ever had. He showed tremendous improvement when he got a respectable QB. I just think he would probably be a low risk / high reward option.

Heck, I'm not even disagreeing with you! My question remains: how much do you think they'd have to go to have SD let him walk.

An unanswerable question, even for interested GMs. Look at how far off "experts" and Patsfans were with WWW's 2013 FA contract both years and $.

Stop messing around with this flotsam and jetsam and take Hopkins in the draft.

Three Years
. Remember it takes them upon average that long to develop full potential. Can't put TB is a "time out" until then. Gronk was an early development guy and it only took him two years to develop. Look at Welker? How many years for him? He wasn't a star at first.

Hopkins seems nice. But he has the word not that strong. Hopkins is a pure hands catcher but he doesn’t necessarily have the strongest hands. Can he win a high percentage of jump passes? Hopkins is not a truly explosive player. The issue is “can Hopkins continue to get open and make regular plays in the bigger, faster world of the NFL?”

Yes time will tell. If you are waiting for a ready WR, Stedman Bailey is not as fast or tall but he makes plays and is more NFL ready WR in this Draft. You might get him in the third. I am thinking Hopkins reminds me of Chad Jackson. While we wait on them to get NFL ready, why not a available piece with some upside to hold the fort. I read you on a WR like Hopkins, but BB won't go WR in round one as where they expect him to go or maybe even two.
DW Toys

Nope it wasn't. Just a comment. Sorry.
DW Toys

Danario Alexander: the big, fast WR the Pats seek, and he is hiding in the weed

Danario Alexander is 6'5" and 217lbs. He has been timed at 4.41. He placed first in the per-play efficiency rankings among receivers for both Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus in 2012. He caught all 37 of his 2012 passes for 657 yards and 7 touchdowns in November and December. Wes Welker had 6 TD's in a full season. Lloyd had 4 TDs in a full season. Before he reached the NFL Alexander had had five knee operations and all seems to be fine. That dropped his Draft status. But he is only 25.

The Chargers overplayed their hand and put a non-compensation tender on him hoping to slide him through. Many feel they were stupid.

As a senior at MO., he started all 13 games (including the 2009 Texas Bowl), and finished with 113 receptions for an NCAA best 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns, averaging 15.8 yards per reception and 137 yards per game. He was named a 2009 Sports Illustrated first team All American.

Josh should have familiarity with him from St. Louis whether he can get the Pats system or not.

Are the Pats playing coy?

Look at this You Tube. I see speed, I see cuts, I see balance, I see catching in traffic. I see some "Moss-esque" things that some of the smurfs we are considering don't bring to the table.

Danario Alexander Highlights 2012-2013 (Chargers only) - YouTube

He had great production in college injuries or not. He is fine now. BB took a medical shot with Gronk as a win and Tate as a loss. I think this guy would flourish here. Look at his other Team mates that have production. You can't single this kid. Let's put it this way Cousins ....Do you want him or Slater to stretch the field and get open for a surprise or a "must have" bomb?

Many feel the Chargers had brain fade but will attempt to match. I think we can get this guy. We have about the same CAP space as they do remaining. Does $2.5m buy him?
DW Toys

Alexander was unemployed all through camp in 2012 and despite all the injuries to our WR's JM instead pushed to trade for Salas and sign Hoomanawanui off the Redskins PA. I can't help but question why? Is there character issues, health issues or if he just isn't that good and had one lucky year?

Re: Danario Alexander: the big, fast WR the Pats seek, and he is hiding in the weed

Alexander was unemployed all through camp in 2012 and despite all the injuries to our WR's JM instead pushed to trade for Salas and sign Hoomanawanui off the Redskins PA. I can't help but question why? Is there character issues, health issues or if he just isn't that good and had one lucky year?

or is JM's judgement suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference