PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RFA WR Danario Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW, every time I see you addressing folks as Cousin, I think of the bad guy in Waterworld..

The great Dennis Hopper.. I wonder if he could get to the QB playing DL in a 4 - 3 D?

The great Dennis Hopper.. I wonder if he could get to the QB playing DL in a 4 - 3 D?

a deceased casualty of prostate cancer. Ex-Pat mike Haynes is a survivor and a spokesman for the efforts to detect and treat the curse.

I'd vote for Dennis Hopper in "Blue Velvet". Frank Booth is the single most chilling character in film over the past 30 years at least IMO (not counting "superman" type characters).

In that case, he'd play the part of a blitzing Joey Porter. Off the field? Who else but Al Davis in his late 40's.

Danario Alexander is 6'5" and 217lbs. He has been timed at 4.41. He placed first in the per-play efficiency rankings among receivers for both Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus in 2012. He caught all 37 of his 2012 passes for 657 yards and 7 touchdowns in November and December. Wes Welker had 6 TD's in a full season. Lloyd had 4 TDs in a full season. Before he reached the NFL Alexander had had five knee operations and all seems to be fine. That dropped his Draft status. But he is only 25.

The Chargers overplayed their hand and put a non-compensation tender on him hoping to slide him through. Many feel they were stupid.

As a senior at MO., he started all 13 games (including the 2009 Texas Bowl), and finished with 113 receptions for an NCAA best 1,781 yards and 14 touchdowns, averaging 15.8 yards per reception and 137 yards per game. He was named a 2009 Sports Illustrated first team All American.

Josh should have familiarity with him from St. Louis whether he can get the Pats system or not.

Are the Pats playing coy?

Look at this You Tube. I see speed, I see cuts, I see balance, I see catching in traffic. I see some "Moss-esque" things that some of the smurfs we are considering don't bring to the table.

Danario Alexander Highlights 2012-2013 (Chargers only) - YouTube

He had great production in college injuries or not. He is fine now. BB took a medical shot with Gronk as a win and Tate as a loss. I think this guy would flourish here. Look at his other Team mates that have production. You can't single this kid. Let's put it this way Cousins ....Do you want him or Slater to stretch the field and get open for a surprise or a "must have" bomb?

Many feel the Chargers had brain fade but will attempt to match. I think we can get this guy. We have about the same CAP space as they do remaining. Does $2.5m buy him?
DW Toys

You're 10 Days late, Pal. ;)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1013000-rfa-wr-danario-alexander.html

He's tall, extremely athletic, and fast. Three things the Pats don't go for in their WRs. They will pass.

Re: RFA WR Danario Alexander!!

"I Called It First 10 DAYS Ago!!" Bump!! :snob:

the problem is not the money......the problem is getting him, only to have him go down week 2 and be back at square 1 at the worst possible moment

the problem is not the money......the problem is getting him, only to have him go down week 2 and be back at square 1 at the worst possible moment
The problem is paying him enough that SD doesn't match is inherently going to be a big risk with his injury history. A contract offer that protects the team will be matched. A contract offer that won't be matched almost certainly wouldn't protect the team.

I've loved Alexander since he was in college but I expect he'll be back in SD for the reason above.

RFA WR Danario Alexander!!

The problem is paying him enough that SD doesn't match is inherently going to be a big risk with his injury history. A contract offer that protects the team will be matched. A contract offer that won't be matched almost certainly wouldn't protect the team.

I've loved Alexander since he was in college but I expect he'll be back in SD for the reason above.

I tend to agree.....at this point, getting a full season in and going free next year seems to be his most intelligent path

1 ~ You're probably both right, which is why this would such a Lottery Ticket.
39.gif

2 ~ But the Bolts tendered'm so low that it's as if they don't want any part'f'm. :eek:

3 ~ And the kid says that his knees finally feel great. BS?? Maybe. But what if it's true?? :eek:

4 ~ Sometimes a Body just needs to be left alone to heal itself. Far stranger things've happened.

5 ~ In any case, it's clear nobody wants'm. Why not drop a Low Offer and see what happens??
39.gif

The Downside is nothing...and the Upside...is phenomenal!!
beer.gif

This guy is a huge talent, but his knee must be a train wreck considering the lack of interest throughout the league. That said if this kid could stay healthy he would be a superstar.

This guy is a huge talent, but his knee must be a train wreck considering the lack of interest throughout the league. That said if this kid could stay healthy he would be a superstar.

Couldn't've said it better. :cool:

At this point, getting a full season in and going free next year seems to be his most intelligent path

I'd agree...

But from our Perspective, I'd like to see us tie'm up for 3 years ~ 100% NON Guaranteed, thank you!! :eek:

If we offer something like a 2/4/6 Deal ~ 3 Years & $12 Million, but not a PENNY initially Guaranteed, thank you!! ~ give it a little BackBone by tying 2nd & 3rd Year partial Guarantees to Playing Time & Performance...
39.gif

That could work out!!

Extremely Low Risk for us, but a sweet PayDay for him if his Health holds up...:cool:

Meanwhile, we can continue to Beef Up the WideOuts.

Counting on the guy would obviously be foolish. :snob:

Danario Alexander

Has anyone started a Danario Alexander thread yet? If not, someone should.

He is one of those kind of players where you think why the hell aren't they interested. I mean for the past years the Pats have been known for making low risk high reward moves. DA could be the greatest low risk high reward move in the last few years. Once he is healthy he will be a superstar and attract interest from all over the league.

I mean they just gave Amendola a smart but big contract and he isn't known for being Mr. Reliable. I'd rather spend some cash on serious potential and not counting on it to pay off rather than paying the same kind of money for mediocre players who will get found out in the play offs.

We haven't heard anything so far so I'm not really thinking that this deal could happen but if it would make this Offense SO exciting. Just imagine him stretching the field for Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola :rocker:

Re: Danario Alexander

Has anyone started a Danario Alexander thread yet? If not, someone should.

Heard he's good, but definitely not on this forum. I'm not sure why nobody on Patsfans.com has mentioned him, very disappointed in everyone here especially that Off The Grid guy.

Off the Grid,

Stealing good people's post topics with his witchy psychic abilities before the other people even knew they were going to have them.

Burn him!

Er.. I meant, ban him!

monty_python_witch.jpg

/hides a bag of marshmallows

Off the Grid,

Stealing good people's post topics with his witchy psychic abilities before the other people even knew they were going to have them.

Burn him!

Er.. I meant, ban him!

monty_python_witch.jpg

/hides a bag of marshmallows

Off The Grid Approves Of This Message. :snob:

Re: Danario Alexander

Heard he's good, but definitely not on this forum. I'm not sure why nobody on Patsfans.com has mentioned him, very disappointed in everyone here especially that Off The Grid guy.

I share your disdain & dismay, Brother Licious. :nooo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back