PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RFA WR Danario Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RFA WR Danario Alexander!!

This guy is a huge talent, but his knee must be a train wreck considering the lack of interest throughout the league. That said if this kid could stay healthy he would be a superstar.

You could be right, but have any teams had him in for a physical yet?

I'd agree...

But from our Perspective, I'd like to see us tie'm up for 3 years ~ 100% NON Guaranteed, thank you!! :eek:

If we offer something like a 2/4/6 Deal ~ 3 Years & $12 Million, but not a PENNY initially Guaranteed, thank you!! ~ give it a little BackBone by tying 2nd & 3rd Year partial Guarantees to Playing Time & Performance...
39.gif

That could work out!!

Extremely Low Risk for us, but a sweet PayDay for him if his Health holds up...:cool:

Meanwhile, we can continue to Beef Up the WideOuts.

Counting on the guy would obviously be foolish. :snob:

Why wouldn't SD just match this non guaranteed 1st yr $ offer? Are they that WR rich or cap strapped?

Danario Alexander (Merged)

It's the same deal as Sanders. Because he's a RFA, it's better for them to watch the Chargers creep closer and closer to the cap before they begin their efforts, since SD has a chance to match any offer.

It's the same deal as Sanders. Because he's a RFA, it's better for them to watch the Chargers creep closer and closer to the cap before they begin their efforts, since SD has a chance to match any offer.

But that does run the risk of another team signing him to an offer sheet instead, right?

Danario Alexander (Merged)

But that does run the risk of another team signing him to an offer sheet instead, right?

I'm sure as soon as the Patriots find out he's going somewhere for a workout they'd express interest to his agent, stopping him from signing on the spot.

Why wouldn't SD just match this non guaranteed 1st yr $ offer?

Are they that WR rich or cap strapped?

That's a very fair Question.

And my only answer is: I don't know. :eek:

But the fact that they tendered'm such an insultingly low Offer can mean only 1 of 2 things:

1 ~ They have Inside Information that, medically, he's screwed.

Or...

2 ~ They don't have Inside Information...and are simply, stupidly scared.

3 ~ In either Case, the Bolts place virtually no Value on the guy ~ else they wouldn't've left'm hanging.

4 ~ The Fact that nobody else's pounced on'm confirms nothing about'is Health.

5 ~ But the Fact that nobody else's pounced on'm undeniably confirms that'is Market Value is Zero.

6 ~ Simply Put: No way in Hell that the Bolts would've tendered'm so low if they valued'm at all.

7 ~ Therefore, it's highly unlikely that they'd suddenly have a Change of Heart and throw Millions at'm.

8 ~ Inexplicably...he's there for the taking. :eek:

I say we snag'm.

But the fact that they tendered'm such an insultingly low Offer can mean only 1 of 2 things:

Or...

3 ~ In either Case, the Bolts place virtually no Value on the guy ~ else they wouldn't've left'm hanging.

5 ~ But the Fact that nobody else's pounced on'm undeniably confirms that'is Market Value is Zero.

6 ~ Simply Put: No way in Hell that the Bolts would've tendered'm so low if they valued'm at all.

7 ~ Therefore, it's highly unlikely that they'd suddenly have a Change of Heart and throw Millions at'm.

I say we snag'm.

OTG,

As always your enthusiasm is much enjoyed.

But I think you are over looking the risk another team would be taking in offering him a deal that Chargers would not be able to or want to match. They could feel he is the next coming of Jerry Rice but if they feel comfortable no team will out due what they would match than they risk little by offering him the cheapest tender and might be able to keep the injury risk for one year on short money themselves.

Or...

An alternate possibility: this is the Chargers we're talking about. It is quite possible that they simply didn't know WTF they were doing. Yes, they do get some stuff right (Woodhead :( ), but not everything.

The draft is even less likely to get immediate help in the secondary or at wide receiver. The BEST bet is to re-sign our own.

Actually its a lot more likely to get help at CB from the draft, since according to BB from his own lips, CB is one of the easiest positions to LEARN at the NFL level.. (Not easiest to play, easiest to learn from a playbook/technique perspective).

WR's are one of the hardest positions to have come in as a rookie and contribute because the offenses and playbooks are so complex, with all the hot routes etc, especially in an offense run by a guy like Brady for the last 13 years or whatever.. Most WR's heads are spinning when they come into camp as a rookie Wr.

129 posts for a guy not on our roster and who is not coming here ... amazing.

OTG,

As always your enthusiasm is much enjoyed.

But I think you are over looking the risk another team would be taking in offering him a deal that Chargers would not be able to or want to match.

It is you who is overlooking something, my good man. ;)

I covered the Risk in Detail...in this very Thread.

Read, my good man, before telling me that I'm overlooking a Risk which I am quite clearly not overlooking. ;)

Or...

I say we snag'm.

An alternate possibility: this is the Chargers we're talking about. It is quite possible that they simply didn't know WTF they were doing.

That's not an alternate possibility.

It's one that I've already quite explicitly addressed...as quoted. :rolleyes:

Read Before Posting, Gentlemen: It's a wonderful Philosophy. :rolleyes:

That's not an alternate possibility.

It's one that I've already quite explicitly addressed...as quoted. :rolleyes:

Read Before Posting, Gentlemen: It's a wonderful Philosophy. :rolleyes:

I was arguing an even more fundamental level of stupidity than "stupidly scared."

I was arguing "rank incompetence," or, perhaps "just being cheap bastids."

I was arguing an even more fundamental level of stupidity than "stupidly scared."

I was arguing "rank incompetence," or, perhaps "just being cheap bastids."

For The Win, Brother ConEtiquette!!
jester.gif

It is you who is overlooking something, my good man. ;)

I covered the Risk in Detail...in this very Thread.

Read, my good man, before telling me that I'm overlooking a Risk which I am quite clearly not overlooking. ;)

Sorry if I missed that you covered it already.

But I just think that due to the injury risk no one is offering more than they would be willing to match. So what would be the point in paying a higher tender.

Or...

He was looking for a job for a long time last year. I'm sure plenty of teams have his medicals.

He was looking for a job for a long time last year. I'm sure plenty of teams have his medicals.

That hardly means that they know all there is to know.

I don't really need to say "Jon Fanene" to you, do I? ;)

Yes, with whatsisface getting retained by the Steelers, I thought a bump might be appropriate. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3