PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RFA Emmanuel Sanders visits Pats 3/16; signs offer sheet 4/10, sheet matched 4/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain how some are saying the Pats have an "agreed multi year" deal with him if Pittsburgh doesn't match?

I thought if they don't match, the 1 year 2.5 mill deal becomes the contract. So when does this multi year come into play?

Re: Emmanuel Sanders tweets about an article

sign the beast!!

Attachments

• Sam Kinnison.jpg
    Sam Kinnison.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 87
Can someone explain how some are saying the Pats have an "agreed multi year" deal with him if Pittsburgh doesn't match?

I thought if they don't match, the 1 year 2.5 mill deal becomes the contract. So when does this multi year come into play?

Handshake agreement. Speculation.

Pats could update his 1 yr contract to a multi-yr if Pitt doesn't match. The newest deal cannot reduce the $ to the player in the 1st year,
Again this is informed speculation

The deal they have now out in the public is a fake deal according to some. The deal now is simply to get the Steelers to not match.

If they don't match and the Pats get Sanders on this 1 year deal, then sometime in the future, probably before the season starts, the Pats will extend the 1 year deal to a multi year deal.

What some are saying is that the Pats and Sanders have already secretly already agreed on the multi-year deal. If the Steelers don't match then Sanders and the Pats will later on make the multi year deal official.

I'll preface this with i hope and expect the Steelers not to match the offer.

But i think this guy is under estimating what losing Wallace and now Sanders would do. I also think he underestimates Sanders in general and he is a 26 year old WR with 3 years under his belt in the NFL coming into his prime and would have been their #2 option next year.

Is he the savior of the pats and demist of the steelers? NO. But he's not as bad as this guy is making out. (not that he is overly attacking Sanders)

I am still very happy with this move and think the pats have played this quite well.

they lose sanders to us..they have no one but brown...will really hurt them

they lose sanders to us..they have no one but brown...will really hurt them

They'll have a very old Burress and Jerricho Cotchery and whomever they draft in the 1st round. Not to mention Heath Miller.

They'll have a very old Burress and Jerricho Cotchery and whomever they draft in the 1st round. Not to mention Heath Miller.

Hi Bruinz - Heath Miller is going to have a very hard time being ready for camp because of his knee injury....Hope that you have had a good day.

:rocker:

Burress has nothing left...cotchery is ancient and then a WR or two in draft...HUGE downgrade compared to last year if they lose sanders

Here are Pioli's comments on Sanders:
NBC Sports: What is New England's motive to sign Sanders?

More perspective on Sanders - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Pioli also discussed the benefit of signing Sanders to a one-year offer sheet versus a multi-year offer sheet: if the Steelers decide to match, he will be available again next offseason. If the Patriots had extended a, for example, three-year deal, a player they covet wouldn't be on the open market again until 2016, at which point he'll be closing in on 30. There's an element to business relations involved as well, as extending a player an offer worth nearly double what he was scheduled to earn is something that the player keeps in mind when he hits the open market again, and helps the Patriots' cause. "Generally, it just cultivates a good relationship between the team that offered and the player," Pioli said.

Burress has nothing left...cotchery is ancient and then a WR or two in draft...HUGE downgrade compared to last year if they lose sanders

Bouchette was on the radio today saying they may bring in Lloyd.

Lloyd, and 2 rookie wr's is hardly a huge downgrade from Sanders, if that's the path they take.

Bouchette was on the radio today saying they may bring in Lloyd.

Lloyd, and 2 rookie wr's is hardly a huge downgrade from Sanders, if that's the path they take.

Learning that Pitt may be interested in his services, Lloyd ......fell to the ground for a 0.5 YAN..(yds after news)

Learning that Pitt may be interested in his services, Lloyd ......fell to the ground for a 0.5 YAN..(yds after news)

Again those are the words of a beat writer, so take it for what it's worth, as far as validity goes. It would be interesting to see which team would come out on top in the wr swap though.

By the way, Sanders fired a couple of volleys at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writer Ed Bouchette saying the Steelers should not match the Pats offer sheet.

The view from Pittsburgh: Columnist says that Steelers should let Emmanuel Sanders go to Patriots (update: Sanders fires back) | Nick Underhill | masslive.com

Lame duck huh? lol ok... JUST DISRESPECTFUL

This guy @EdBouchette is the funniest guy I know. Lol #whysoserious

uh-oh.

I think mr sanders is a little light in the brains department and doesnt know what "lame duck" means.

or else he is just looking to take offense and that was the only item in the article that came anywhere close to pejorative. unless you wanted to view 'a receiver of Sanders’ ability' or 'nice wr' as a smack-down.

I'm more wondering why Bouchette thinks (below) Pats cant morph the 1-yr into a multi-year and some posters here think they can (before end of 2013 season).

The Steelers could tear that up and sign him to a long-term contract, the Patriots could not until after the 2013 season.

uh-oh.

I think mr sanders is a little light in the brains department and doesnt know what "lame duck" means.

or else he is just looking to take offense and that was the only item in the article that came anywhere close to pejorative. unless you wanted to view 'a receiver of Sanders’ ability' or 'nice wr' as a smack-down.

I'm more wondering why Bouchette thinks (below) Pats cant morph the 1-yr into a multi-year and some posters here think they can (before end of 2013 season).

Yeah, he mentioned that on the radio, as well.

He was emphatic that the pats couldn't sign him to an extension until the season is over.

Not sure what to believe, as many here claim they can at any point during this year, as long as this seasons cap hit remains at 2.5.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back