PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan Leaves Voice Mail For Jets Season Ticket Holders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex Ryan shakes his pom-poms | ProFootballTalk.com

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, every Jets season-ticket holder received a voice message from Ryan. Here's what it said:

"Hey this is Rex Ryan, the head coach of the New York Jets. I just wanted to let you know how much we need you this week. I've already admitted that the Patriots have a better head coach and they have a better quarterback than us. But we're going to see who has the better team.

"The other part that I'm confident in is, they've got to face you and they've got to face the rest of our fans. My challenge to you is that we need you at your best. So get ready to go for four quarters, get after them, especially when our defense is up there, we really need you. We want it to be miserable for Brady and company and seem like there are 13 or 14 guys out there on defense. It's tough enough when there's 11. But when our fans are into it, it's almost impossible to do anything against us.

"That's my challenge to you. Again, I admit I'm not as good as Belichick, but at the end of the game, I want to be 1-0 against him. So help me out if you don't mind. That's my challenge, OK? Thank you. Bye."
i really cant understand them trying so hard to be 1-0 against the pats. isnt this about playing 16 games ?

he's playing to his base and staying in character by calling pre game attention to himself and deflecting it from his players. actually, it's pretty smart, especially in new york.

i think he's figured out that in the next two or three years he's either going to end up a hero in NYC with a ticker tape parade on Broadway or he's going to go down in flames and get run out of town on a rail (smart money would be on the latter, BTW) and that, especially in New York, there is no middle ground.

Saw this on Barstoolsports.com and thought it was hilarious:

Oh those wacky Jets. The best part of this voicemail is that Jets fans are like psyched out of their minds right now because of this. I mean they beat the Texans, they watched us struggle vs. Buffalo and now they get a voicemail from Rex Ryan and suddenly they think they’re going to the superbowl. It’s ******* hilarious! Keep in mind these are real quotes from Gang Green messageboard;

‘”I’m so ******* pumped!!!! We never had a coach like this!!! I”m bringing my A game Sunday! Going to BEEEE LOUD ASSS HELLL!!!! **** THE PATSSS!

“Just got my call as well.. Oh man.. I can’t wait to be there on Sunday.. I wish i was still in college where i can just not go to class, and sleep a lot so sunday came faster.”

“patriots have to face the players AND the fans. he wants it to be like we have 13 or 14 players out there on defense. he wants to be 1-0 against belichjeck and he wants us there for the whole 4 quarters

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Im cutting an annual golf trip short to be there for this game. I wouldn’t miss it for anything. P.S. I already took the pledge to be in my seat for kickoff!!! BE LOUD. THE TIME IS NOW!”

That is my motto going into the game on Sunday. Sit there quite and i will tear my section a new ***hole.

I just got the call too and played it on the icm here at work so all my ***got ass pats-fan co workers could hear it.

328-23 MANGOLD ready to rock the UD!!!!

BAHAHA! Jets fans are so ******* cute. I just want to take them all home and like squeeze the **** out of those little ****ers. Seriously keep dialing for dollars Rex. Because while your cold calling all season ticket holders Belichick is studying game film.

Stupid Jets fans. Need to be told to make noise.

I wonder if they will still make noise when the Jets are on offense? I'm surprised Ryan didn't feel the need to explain to them that they should tone it down then.

Last edited:
"Rex Ryan leave voice mail for Jets season ticket holders"

Wow, no sh!t; where did he find the time to make all of those phone calls?

That is awesome actually that the HC of the NJY knows the phone number of every season ticket holder and called them personally to tell them to bring their A game.

I'd hate to have to pay that cellphone bill, talk about burning up all of your rollover minutes...............

Adam Schefter Tweeted that they'll be sharing the audio on the 4:00 edition of NFL Live.

If that isn't the ultimate bulletin board material, I don't know what is. Welcome to the Machine, Rex. That's the theme for this game, Pats. Welcome to the Machine.

You know, I was thinking. With the motivational **** he pulls as well as the vanilla defenses while just sending a lot of guys to the QB, Rex would be one hell of a coach in the NCAA. Seriously, he'd be unreal.

While RR is sending out this motivational mumbo jumbo, Belichick has picked out the plays that the Jets ran last week consistent with things in the Ravens playbook. Just proves again, as either JT or El Pres on Barstoolsports.com said, that Belichick is playing chess while Rex Ryan is playing hungry hungry hippos.

"Rex Ryan leave voice mail for Jets season ticket holders"

Wow, no sh!t; where did he find the time to make all of those phone calls?

That is awesome actually that the HC of the NJY knows the phone number of every season ticket holder and called them personally to tell them to bring their A game.

I'd hate to have to pay that cellphone bill, talk about burning up all of your rollover minutes...............

He just recorded it once and then it was automatically transmitted to every number on the TH list.

BB and the Patriots are driving free willy nuts lol, cant wait to see the look on his face after his team comes up short.

He's so fat.
You could literally carve a few steaks off that blubber whale moo moo tard.

"Big Mouth gets Big Foot in *****"
-Old Native American Saying

That's actually pretty cool he would do something like that.

I agree, I like this. I was mad seeing so many at Foxboro making noise while the Patriots were on offense. I think the fans at the game need a primer on what is expected of them.

dumb, fat, douchebag fatty?

Really? How old are you? 12?

Wow seriously go over to the Jets board and see what they are saying about our team and fans....this is nothing compared to those clowns over there

Jests' Superbowl: Mid September
Pats' Superbowl: Early February

Ryan's a clown that fits in perfect in NY. Fireman Eddie has gotta be lovin'it. That said, the Ryan clan does know defense, but so does Belichick.

Ryan should be trying to pump things up. This is his first taste of head coaching against the master. He's gotta be nervous.

I'm looking for another low scoring nail biter Sunday, which is fine by me.
Leave the fireworks to the Colts. Ultimately, it didn't do any good in '07, and I want the defense thinking that they better play, or they're going to lose.
So, they have to play back-ups, what else is new. Brady was an unknown back-up, too.

I hope the Jets crush the Pats.

Seems a silly thing to criticize. If Bill Belichick left an automated message for Patriots' season ticket holders, I know some folks on this board who would vacuum pack their phones and never again wash their right ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft