Rex Ryan Leaves Voice Mail For Jets Season Ticket Holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
"Rex Ryan left an all-time self-deprecating voice mail for each Jets season ticket holder, imploring them to cheer LOUD Sunday versus Pats." - Per Adam Schefter on Twitter

The Jets are acting real weird.. like them even less now than I did 5 minutes ago..

That's actually pretty cool he would do something like that.

Rex Ryan is going to look like such a dumb, fat, ugly, douchebag fatty if he loses this Sunday. Way to put all your eggs in one basket, Rex, the entire Jets fanbase' collective lives hinge on a week two game!!

Rex Ryan is going to look like such a dumb, fat, ugly, douchebag fatty if he loses this Sunday. Way to put all your eggs in one basket, Rex, the entire Jets fanbase' collective lives hinge on a week two game!!

dumb, fat, douchebag fatty?

Really? How old are you? 12?

Are you serious? hahah

Ryan is wasting his time doing crap like that while Belichick is preparing for this week's game.

Last edited:

Actually, he is fat, dumb, and by being the official HC of New Jersey he is an honorable douchebag. Homeboy's got a point.

Last edited:

Give or take. I'm sorry, I won't joke around so much on this board. Didn't know Jets fans take it so seriously.

Give or take. I'm sorry, I won't joke around so much on this board. Didn't know Jets fans take it so seriously.

Joking around is fine but that was possibly the worst "joke" ever conceived. I read that as an angry 12 year old yelling at someone.

I'm different than most people on this board - I don't HATE Rex Ryan. You can call him fat all you want but it's undeniable that he put some "swagger" into the Jets that's giving them a confidence I haven't seen in a while. Ryan is doing everything he can to get the players and fans motivated and I can't disrespect him just for that.

FYI, I'm not a Jets fan. I'm a lifelong Pats fan, lived in MA all my life, and currently posting from Boston. ;)

Haha, I think that's pretty cool. Good way to get your fans fired up.

Guys, it's New York. It should be obvious that the Jets hired Rex for his marketable personality as much as whatever coaching ability they think he has.

Personally, I'm not underestimating him. I think all of his antics bely the fact that he takes his job seriously. Plus, he seems to fit the Jets much better than Mangini did.

I guess we'll soon find out.

Ryan is doing everything he can to get the players and fans motivated and I can't disrespect him just for that.

I can. You can't get players up like that week in and week out and expect good ultimate results. I've seen overhyped players wear themselves out in warmups. They're professionals, not highschoolers. If they need Nayr Xer to motivate them into putting their best effort forward against a division rival and one of the best teams in the NFL, they are in a heap of trouble.

Joking around is fine but that was possibly the worst "joke" ever conceived. I read that as an angry 12 year old yelling at someone.

Sorry you took it that way. Its actually a reference to Strangers With Candy, which is considered one of the funniest cult shows ever, so take it up w Stephen Colbert.

"Hi, this is Rex Ryan. You're Patriots obsessed head coach of the New York Jets. Although I didn't come here to kiss Belichick's rings, I am scared that he may kick my arse. I'm just calling to remind you to be loud at the game on Sunday since we are having problems selling tickets because Woody is asking season ticket holders to take out mortgages to pay for their PSL when the new stadium opens next year. We need to hide the fact that there will be thousands of empty seats of all the season ticket holders who canceled their tickets.

"I don't get why I am really asking for this since the game could be blacked out locally anyway, but what the heck."

Haha, I think that's pretty cool. Good way to get your fans fired up.

Guys, it's New York. It should be obvious that the Jets hired Rex for his marketable personality as much as whatever coaching ability they think he has.

Personally, I'm not underestimating him. I think all of his antics bely the fact that he takes his job seriously. Plus, he seems to fit the Jets much better than Mangini did.

I guess we'll soon find out.

Hey look - a sensible, well thought out response. :eek:

Jeez man, this is a Patriots board. Lighten up a bit.

Actually he's got a great point.. if Ryan builds it up too big and then loses on Sunday, his credibility goes through the floor and he'll have a real hard time rousing them again.

Don't get why it is cool??, perhaps I am just used to the consummate professional head coach who is focused on one thing.. putting a really great team on the field, with a really great game plan.. call me a homer, but I am what I am..

Wow, that's hilarious. Kind of like a used car salesman. Maybe it will work.

YouTube - Rex Ryan Wants a Shouts Out

LOL!

"The Pats gotta face you and our fans"

"When your loud, it's like 13 or 14 guys on the field"

"When the fans are into it, it is almost impossible to anything against us" (apparently the fans haven't been "into" it for decades)

Seriously, this is bushleague stuff. If Belichick ever did something like this, I would feel embarrassed for him. As for Rex, I think it is comical.

Last edited:
Imagine Belichick doing this?

heelllllllllzzzz NO....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey