PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: Jets Not Intimidated by Patriots (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’m not here to kiss bill belichick’s ring--- I’m not intimidated by him or their team, I’m here to beat them! I have a great deal of confidence, if they can beat us, then they must have one hell of a football team.”
-Rex

Uh, yea, where has this guy been the past decade?

“I’m not here to kiss bill belichick’s ring--- I’m not intimidated by him or their team, I’m here to beat them! I have a great deal of confidence, if they can beat us, then they must have one hell of a football team.”
-Rex

Uh, yea, where has this guy been the past decade?

Apparently not with the rest of the NFL who see's the Pats as a threat every year.

He is just being a typical NY Coach who is all talk and talk.....but then can never follow up.

Apparently not with the rest of the NFL who see's the Pats as a threat every year.

He is just being a typical NY Coach who is all talk and talk.....but then can never follow up.

I can't imagine the pressure the rookie QB is feeling and its only June.

Re: Sexy Rexy At It Again

This nonsense from the fat slob who called a time out right before a 4th down stop in the Monday night game vs the Patriots during the undefeated season, negating the play and allowing the Patriots another chance which they converted to go on and win the game and keep the perfect season alive.

Yeah, this guy scares the crap out of BB and the Patriots.

He's talking tough to cover up the fact that his team sucks and he knows it.

That's worth a +1!

I can't imagine the pressure the rookie QB is feeling and its only June.

Oh yeah especially with the loud mouth coach preaching that the jest will be the best team in the AFC.

Welcome to the world of the "Ravens" Guys. Bunch of pompous Loud mouth pieces of trash that talk talk talk talk talk and hype themselves up beyond belief only to allow 80 yard drives at the end of games and lose 3 times in one season to their so called Rivals.

Been dealing with this Ryan fool and his attitude for years. Get used to it, it doesn't stop, even after you stomp a mudhole in their arse, rip out their hearts and beat their faces in, they keep talking trash.

I don't feel like finding the link but I posted it here somewhere, an "anonymous" quote from Pro Football Weekly saying that if a top GM like Ozzie Newsome bypassed him from right under their nose then that means something.

And Belichick isn't remotely similar, he was never passed over by his own team. Did Parcells leave the Giants and they picked someone other than Belichick ??? Nope. How about when Parcells quit the Jest ? They wanted Belichick before he quit.

Bad example there, buddy.

Patriots passed on Belichick.

Welcome to the world of the "Ravens" Guys. Bunch of pompous Loud mouth pieces of trash that talk talk talk talk talk and hype themselves up beyond belief only to allow 80 yard drives at the end of games and lose 3 times in one season to their so called Rivals.

Been dealing with this Ryan fool and his attitude for years. Get used to it, it doesn't stop, even after you stomp a mudhole in their arse, rip out their hearts and beat their faces in, they keep talking trash.

Thanks for the heads up. I am sure it will be worse now that he is in NYC.

God the media is going to love him.

As was said before by someone else, they only reason they "passed" on BB was because of his relationship with Bill Parcells and the ugly divorce between him and Kraft. Robert Kraft wanted BB the first time, and went out and paid a hefty price to finally get the right man for the job in 2000.

If you haven't checked out Patriots Reign by Michael Holley, you might want to.

Right, noted above a few times but the situations were very different (i.e. Ryan wasn't seen as married to Billick the way Belichick was to Parcells).

YouTube - Oh, Rexy

Rex Ryan is, in my mind, Rex Manning. And his fans are the NYJ fanbase...

Hey Ryan, THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS are NOT INTIMIDATED by the Jets either. So I guess we are even. Good Lord.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Guess what Ryan? THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS are NOT INTIMIDATED by the Jets either. So I guess we are even. Good Lord.:rolleyes:

I dont think there are many teams who are intimidated by the jest. :D

Buddy's problem was that he was a defensive coordinator and didn't give a damn about the offense.

Look, I'm not saying that Rex is destined for Canton. I'm just noting that he's got his father's brashness, and his father still managed to have some success despite shooting off at the lip.

But Buddy Ryan's personality was his downfall. Buddy Ryan was a good coach, a good football mind who was ruined as a HC by the personality and ignorance that his son seems to share. His son would have to be as brilliant as the father to have the level of medicority that the father enjoyed. (if in fact the personality flaws are the same)

As was said before by someone else, they only reason they "passed" on BB was because of his relationship with Bill Parcells and the ugly divorce between him and Kraft. Robert Kraft wanted BB the first time, and went out and paid a hefty price to finally get the right man for the job in 2000.

If you haven't checked out Patriots Reign by Michael Holley, you might want to.

Unless you know the true reasons why the Ravens passed on Ryan, this really makes no difference. The Patriots passed on Belichick, the Ravens passed on Ryan. Arguing the 'why' when you don't know it is just an attempt to salvage what was a bad argument.

Unless you know the true reasons why the Ravens passed on Ryan, this really makes no difference. The Patriots passed on Belichick, the Ravens passed on Ryan. Arguing the 'why' when you don't know it is just an attempt to salvage what was a bad argument.

In case you haven't noticed, we're not exactly over-burdened with GOOD arguments around here. ;)

Keeping it simple, we do know why the Ravens passed on Ryan. Because they didn't think he'd be as good a choice as rookie, untested Harbaugh. Ryan and Belichick were very different. Ryan wasn't tied to his previous HC. He wasn't a year off of being fired and needing some distance. He was THE DC, fully responsible whereas Belichick was a helper in his one year with NE under Parcells.

I can't PROVE it; just like I can't prove to you the Patriots did well in the Cassel deal but you won't believe it. But it's clear to me that Ryan was set up to be the HC and was passed over whereas when Belichick was passed over there were a bunch of mitigating circumstances (one year with the team, one year from being fired, close to the previous HC who left on bad terms) whereas Ryan was the next in line.

It doesn't mean Ryan will be bad but in my mind there's NO DOUBT a top organization had Ryan sitting perfectly to take over and chose a different path.

I found the quote I was looking for :

The Way We Hear It - NFL pro football rumors and insider news from Pro Football Weekly

"“(Ravens GM) Ozzie Newsome had a chance to elevate (Ravens defensive coordinator) Rex Ryan to head coach last year, and he didn’t do it. What does that tell you? Ozzie is one of the sharpest football guys I know. I don’t care what anyone in that organization says about Rex — I didn’t even have to ask the question. They answered it for me. (Like) Wade Phillips (and) Romeo Crennel, some guys are just meant to be lifelong coordinators.”"

Come on. Ryan is playing to the red meat, Jets fan base, which is not characterized by its common sense or intelligence. He's also playing to the New York Jets Beat Media, who, if anything, have even less common sense and intelligence than the fans for whom they write and report.

He'll probably realize on reflection that he shouldn't have said some of those things and thereby given BB some good Bulletin Board material ("we've already sent a message to them...I didn't come here to kiss Bill Belichick's rings...I'm certainly not intimidated by them"), but otherwise, so what? He's trying to ingratiate himself in a tough market and he comes across as an intelligent guy. I liked his statement "We have no excuses. We expect to win and win Championships." That puts it on the line.

Bottom Line: Talk is cheap. He's working for an owner who is a true idiot and in a Franchise that hasn't figured out how to Win a Conference or League Championship in decades. He was passed over for HC by the Ravens (who knew him well) and Dolphins (where the decision was made by Bill Parcells); we can speculate about why, but don't know. But they didn't hire him. He has a ring from his time in Baltimore, which is not trivial, but he hasn't won a single game as an NFL HC and doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath with BB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case