PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: Jets Not Intimidated by Patriots (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangini building a good team? :rofl:
Good joke! You see what he is doing in Cleveland right? They will have the worst record in the NFL, mark my words.

Who was the head coach when most of those defensive players were brought in for the Jets?

Last edited:
The team last year needed no building!!! It was built to win-now!! He didn't make the playoffs, he failed to do so & got fired. Rightfully so. You haven't been keeping up with the Jets if you don't think Mangini should have been fired.

I've been keeping up with the Jets just fine- it's you that haven't been keeping up with reality. Last year's team sucked because Brett Favre was a below-average QB and nobody had the balls or the authority to put him in line. With Pennington, the Jets would have won the division. Is that Mangini's fault too? Is he making personnel decisions now?

Luckily, the Jets' FO is equally as clueless on how to build a winning organization. Makes it that much more fun to be a Pats fan.

I've been keeping up with the Jets just fine- it's you that haven't been keeping up with reality. Last year's team sucked because Brett Favre was a below-average QB and nobody had the balls or the authority to put him in line. With Pennington, the Jets would have won the division. Is that Mangini's fault too? Is he making personnel decisions now?

Luckily, the Jets' FO is equally as clueless on how to build a winning organization. Makes it that much more fun to be a Pats fan.

You are truly clueless. Mangini mis-handled the defense. Favre sucked too. But I'm blaming it all on Mangini. He was fired for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No good coach would have allowed that collapse to happen after the Jets were 8-3.

Mangini was. They were built to win last year. If you think otherwise, than I don't know what you're thinking.

You really need to read through this thread again. This time, go for comprehension over speed.

You are truly clueless. Mangini mis-handled the defense. Favre sucked too. But I'm blaming it all on Mangini. He was fired for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No good coach would have allowed that collapse to happen after the Jets were 8-3.

How did Mangini mishandle the defense? Give specifics.

Of course he was fired for a reason. He was fired because the clueless, reactionary, chicken-little NY media was calling for his head and Woody Johnson is too much of a spineless idiot to actually follow through and execute on a long term plan. Most importantly, he was fired because the ownership needed to drum up some excitement so that they could sell their PSLs. That's where Ryan and Sanchez come in.

And why are you blaming the collapse on Mangini? Was Mangini the one that threw 2 touchdowns and 9 interceptions? Was he the one that was unwilling/unable to execute the plays in the playbook? Was he the one who has had a career-long resistance to actually studying the game, instead relying on physical gifts that deserted him at the midpoint of last season?

Yeah, that was all Mangini's fault. The funny thing is, I don't even like Mangini and I don't think that he's an excellent coach by a long shot. But he did have a long-term plan for building a successful program, and he paid the price for it by being tampered with (hello, Brett Favre) and fired prematurely. If you want to know why Belichick didn't want to coach for your joke of a franchise, that's exactly it; he knew that he could never build a program there, because idiot fans, idiot ownership, and the idiot media were too shortsighted and petulant to let it develop. Looks like Belichick was right (he always is).

Have fun rooting for a 6-10 team this year. I wonder who you'll blame in 2009...

Last edited:

Did you become a Jets fan today?

Mangini is a lot of things, but that epic collapse, in my view, ALL comes back to Favre sucking and the Owner/GM trying like mad to sell PSL's.

Mangini never wanted Favre. With Penny, you guys would have done no worse, and probably better.

He shouldn't be intimidated.

IMO it's poor leadership if you're going to be intimidated going into a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes