PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: Jets Not Intimidated by Patriots (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean the same way? General bluster? That I know. Or focusing on/talking about in June the SECOND game of the year? Any examples of the latter?

And, on the whole, Buddy was a pretty average head coach at best. In fact, he is exactly .500 for his career as a head coach. He made the playoffs 3 times in 7 years as a head coach. Only 3 winning seasons in 7 years as a head coach. Which isn't a particularly long time considering he was at 2 different teams. He never won a playoff game. A couple "pretty good teams" but nothing special. First round losers. He had some "pretty bad teams" as well. Include his 0-3 playoff record and he is a sub-.500 head coach.

J D Sal

Buddy's problem was that he was a defensive coordinator and didn't give a damn about the offense.

Look, I'm not saying that Rex is destined for Canton. I'm just noting that he's got his father's brashness, and his father still managed to have some success despite shooting off at the lip.

The Ravens obviously thought highly of his candidacy as a HC when they replaced Billick with . . . oh yeah, someone else.

Lots of teams didn't make Belichick their head coach. Frankly, what Rex is doing reminds me quite a bit of his dad and the "you've got a winner in town" billboards, but that doesn't mean the guy can't coach. That remains to be seen. If Sanchez starts the season and the Patriots can absolutely blast the kid, I'll be giggling like a schoolboy.

just because he was once buddy's jizz I wouldn't necessarily say he is comparable to one of the dirtiest and most vicious defensive minded coaches in the history of the sport plus it's a different era and a much different league to paraphrase the great rodney harrison the league is soft, buddy's style wouldn't agree with the NFL of today and prob wouldn't last so I doubt Rex is gonna get all 92 eagles on us.

........Did I mention the jets suck ass!!

I'm not intimidated by Mike Tyson but it still doesn't mean I wouldn't get my ass kicked if we got in a fight.

Lots of teams didn't make Belichick their head coach.
I don't feel like finding the link but I posted it here somewhere, an "anonymous" quote from Pro Football Weekly saying that if a top GM like Ozzie Newsome bypassed him from right under their nose then that means something.

And Belichick isn't remotely similar, he was never passed over by his own team. Did Parcells leave the Giants and they picked someone other than Belichick ??? Nope. How about when Parcells quit the Jest ? They wanted Belichick before he quit.

Bad example there, buddy.

And JD in Philly buddy's legacy is pretty solidified ppl here remember him for a physically tough D and a no nonsense/take no **** approach to the game which all philadelphians love even if his stats aren't that great I think his legacy speaks more to the kind of coach he was

I don't feel like finding the link but I posted it here somewhere, an "anonymous" quote from Pro Football Weekly saying that if a top GM like Ozzie Newsome bypassed him from right under their nose then that means something.

And Belichick isn't remotely similar, he was never passed over by his own team. Did Parcells leave the Giants and they picked someone other than Belichick ??? Nope. How about when Parcells quit the Jest ? They wanted Belichick before he quit.

Bad example there, buddy.

Belichick was passed over by the Patriots the first time around. That's how we got Pete Carroll.

Last edited:
Is Rex Ryan like his dad?

I remember Buddy Ryan as being an excellent DC but a mediocre HC. I know the Eagles improved when he was there, but I seem to recall the Cardinals actually getting worse when he was their HC.

My lasting memory of Buddy Ryan was a guy who was so solely focused on defense that he would rather have his offense gain zero yards and then punt rather than risk a turnover - and possibly put his defense in a tough position. When his team had the ball, it was as if his main goal was to hurry up and get his defense back on the field after a punt. I got the feeling he was actually looking for his defense to score more points than his offense did and that he looked down his nose at anybody on the offense as being not tough and inferior, and was completely unqualified to be a head coach due to his viewpoints of the offense.

My lasting memory of Buddy Ryan is him going after Jeff Fisher; nice example of how to (not) stay in control of your emotions.

This dumb mother ****er says they sent us a message, then when asked says "They'll see when they come here week two"

you've sent us a message we haven't yet seen? Not only does that sound like it came from a complete ****tard's mouth, it sounds so damn arrogant. I could understand if Joe Gibbs took over the Jets. We're talking about Rex freaking Ryan. Rex Ryan is talking like that to the Patriots, **** is too funny.

I love it, they either want to mimic everything NE does, or they have an inferiority complex against us. I'll say, for as much as Herm was terrible, he was the most likable out of guys like Mangini, and now Ryan. How can you talk before you've coached a single game with your team? Sit down you fat clown.

It's a a good motivoational tool by Rex Ryan, remember folks just because someone trash talks us (This isn't even trash talking) or opens their mouth pre-maturely, doesn't mean the result will be a Patriots blowout win.

eg: Joey Porter's "It will be good to go out there and get our first win" before the Wildcat introduction game.

we all redy sent them a message and if new england can beat us then they must have one hell of a football team lol

this is the same loud mouth that lost the game for the ravens by calling a time out vs the pats and i think we all know who the real DC in baltimore is and has been for the last 10 year's or so RAY LEWIS

Last edited:
Belichick was passed over by the Patriots the first time around. That's how we got Pete Carroll.

Kraft blames the fall out from the Parcells problems for not giving the job to him in 1997. He wanted him to be the coach, if he didn't he wouldn't have brought him in in 2000.

LOL, well patsfans we have a mystery to solve this summer. What is this message that was sent to our team? :rolleyes:

Not for nothing, but I find his comments very unprofessional for a head coach. He doesn't sound very smart to me.

Last edited:
His old man was the same way. He lasted for a while, as I recall, and put some pretty good teams together while he was at it.
Oh great point his dad was a good coach(debatable) so he will be to. Ever hear of a guy named Ted Williams.......Jr.

Honestly, there's more than one way to coach. Jimmy Johnson's style was a world apart from BB's "it is what it is" poker face. I have no problem with bluster and bravado in theory, but what's making Ryan look bad is focusing so much on the other guy.

"We're not intimidated by the Patriots," "we already sent the Patriots a message," "let me talk again about the Patriots and how much I'm NOT thinking about them"...that's not a show of strength, it makes him look very small. It reminds me a ton of Brad Childress drafting Harvin -- one of the riskiest players in the draft -- then exulting bizarrely about stealing him before Belichick had a chance at him. Huh? What does Belichick have to do with it? Is he in your head just a little, Brad and Rex?

You're right but it was a very different situation as Ryan stayed with the Ravens. The Krafts wanted to hire Belichick but didn't because he was so close to Parcells, that's not similar to the Ravens who simply passed on Ryan.

You know I respect your posting Deus, but that's just not the case given stated fact reported elsewhere.

Tough guys wear sweater vests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back