PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: "Belichick and Brady better"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe these quotes are taken out of context. Maybe they are a result of questions by the media and not just being brought up by Ryan, I don't know.

What I do know is that hey have a game againts an improved Houston team before they play the Patriots. A coach with half a brain will deflect any questions that don't apply to their next opponent to show his team that he is focused on that game and that game only.

Ryan sounds like a wing nut and it seems that wing nut coaches are what the Jest want.Herm, Mangini, and now this guy. How has it worked out for them?

=======================================================

Cmon, Rex is funnier then hell, have seen any of his Pressers?

I think part of the problem is you guy's are only hearing the sound bite and not the entire context of his quotes.

As a Jet fan I find him a breath of fresh air and quite funny.

Nice to see you out here; always welcome your comments.

I might agree with you, if it weren't for Rex' pedigree. His dad was a D genius, who was too undisciplined to be an effective HC. Rex has inherited a lot of that lack of discipline. I don't like to judge people by their appearances (and will cop to being overweight myself, tho not morbidly obese like Ryan), but Rex wears his lack of discipline in his belly and in what he says; eventually, his attitudes will impact the team's discipline on and off the field. So, I read his comments as something worse than just funny (I live in the City and see his pressers as well...also read the Daily News every day and occasionally correspond with Gary Myers).

To me, the most important stat of the Jets last preseason game wasn't Sanchez' great opening drive but the 60 yards of penalties on the D on the Eagles opening drive. That's already an early warning sign of a lack of discipline. Sooner or later, he's going to lose his cool publicly with another coach or player or reporter; members of the media (especially Cimini) are clearly already baiting him--remember these guys want a story more than they want a winning team. When that happens, all hell will break loose on the team and in the tabloids.

Rex will be lucky to last three seasons; chalk this up to another Woody ("Is the ball stuffed with feathers?") Johnson move.

Oh no a coach answered a question at a press conference, that must mean he is obsessed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft