PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan: "Belichick and Brady better"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's only talking to work up his appetite for another cheeseburger..... okay, I'll stop with the bad jokes. But seriously we know we can beat his Jests. He deep down knows it too.

Jabber mouthed Coaches tend to wear out their welcomes quickly. When the mouth goes one way and the record heads the other, fans, players, and ownership assume he's a bullshi**er and a fraud. Hi Jerry Glanville.

warning_engage_back_large.jpg

I agree with those who've said there's nothing wrong with what Ryan said. The problem is that he's talking about this at all. He should be paying a lot more attention to a D that took 60 yards of penalties on the first Eagles drive.

His problem (well, one of his problems) is that he doesn't understand, just as his father didn't understand, that the flip side of an undisciplined HC, who in this case wears that lack of discipline in his gut and in his earlier words about Belichick, is a lack of discipline on the field and in the locker room. It is this, more than any failings of a Rookie QB, that will be the Jets' downfall this season and lead to a short tenure in Jersey for Wrecks.

If the Patriots had a chatty coach who was winning games, people would make fun of coaches who played it close to the vest. It's just one of the silly sides of fandom. Frankly, I'd get a kick out of BB going WWE on us for a season.

I don't have a problem with these comments. I do gotta think he regrets talking about the Pats in the first place. I think he was trying to pump up his team and he came off like an arse and making his comments about the Patriots into a far bigger media controversy than he wanted.

It does makes me wonder about his ability to make strategic situations as a head coach. Most coaches are very measured in what they say to the media for a reason. Belichick approaches the way he talks to the media the way he approaches everything else. Most of what he says is very calculated and he only lets the media hear what he wants to hear.

This guy's obsession with Bill Belichick is beginning to border on creepy.

Honest question, has he said anything about his week ONE opponent, Houston? It seems he is fixated on week two...

I could see an 0-2 start for Rex and his pet qb.

Honest question, has he said anything about his week ONE opponent, Houston? It seems he is fixated on week two...

I could see an 0-2 start for Rex and his pet qb.

I think there is a decent chance they end up going 0-5 or 1-4. They got a brutal start to the season. They lose Pace for four games, Ellis for one, and Sanchez sees his first real action.

Ryan pretty much sums it up as a similar quote from Ric Flair
"To be the man you have to beat the man" - So true in the AFC East,At least the Dolphins proved they could with Brady absent,lets see any of the 3 teams do it now.

Jabber mouthed Coaches tend to wear out their welcomes quickly. When the mouth goes one way and the record heads the other, fans, players, and ownership assume he's a bullshi**er and a fraud. Hi Jerry Glanville.

Yeah, but Glanville had a sense of humour and could be funny as h3ll a lot of the time.

The Rexter? Not so much..... :rolleyes:

Yeah, but Glanville had a sense of humour and could be funny as h3ll a lot of the time.

=======================================================

Cmon, Rex is funnier then hell, have seen any of his Pressers?

I think part of the problem is you guy's are only hearing the sound bite and not the entire context of his quotes.

As a Jet fan I find him a breath of fresh air and quite funny.

It's not interesting now, everything he takes is with a pinch of salt, just same old same old

When we play the Jets we BETTER have some help protecting Brady - I don't care who it is or even if we have to waste a TE just to block on every offensive down,we need to keep Brady upright because you all know as well as I do that Ryan is going to unleash his dogs straight for the legs and knees of #12 to help out in his quest to win the East.

Last edited:
Frankly, I'd get a kick out of BB going WWE on us for a season.

WWE could always bring in BB to be the guest host GM of RAW after this season is over. He would be the best guest host too without a doubt. :D

quite honestly, who gives a ***** what he says. i dont care i he rips us or blow us. bottom line is, when we line up against them, and they line up against them, i want our guys to kick their *****. who cares what anyone says. kick their *****

I still liked Jerry as a Pats TV commentator.

=======================================================

Cmon, Rex is funnier then hell, have seen any of his Pressers?

I think part of the problem is you guy's are only hearing the sound bite and not the entire context of his quotes.

As a Jet fan I find him a breath of fresh air and quite funny.

I missed that when Herm left. One thing he did, if nothing else, was give amazing press conferences, with his crazy stories and whacked out comments.

Rexy seems to have a real nice sense of humor behind everything he says. It's almost like he's angry and jolly at the same time. I look forward to more of these sorts of things.

This comment, though - meh. Pretty innocuous.

Rex Ryan is a dope, but his goofy press conferences are at least semi-entertaining. I'll give him that.

He needs to quiet down and focus in HIS team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back