PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan Announces He is going back to the Ground and Pound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh yes, the garbage time spin.

Yes, I watched the game, the Raiders had 264 yds in the first half. The Pats didn't blow out the Raiders, the Raiders were in the game until the end, and down by 7 at the half. Nice try though.

The Raiders got 99 yards and a TD in the final three minutes being down by three scores. That is garbage time. To think any team could make up scores in 3 minutes other than the fluke game is ridiculous.

The Pats are like many top teams, they are giving up a lot of yards but playing tough in the red zone. The Packers are like that eventhough they don't give up nearly as many yards. The Pats gave up only 13 points to the Raiders until garbage time. That is 21 points less than the Jets gave up to them. I don't care about yards. I care about points.

Just in time for the Pats game, Ryan said he will go back to the Ground and Pound approach with a porous o-line and no legitimate lead RB.

On second thought: Jets will go back to “ground and pound” approach | ProFootballTalk

I am sure opposing teams are shaking in their boots of the prospect of Shonn Greene and 39.25 YPG and 3.1 YPC average. Jets fans better hope he is playing a Rope-A-Dope with Belichick because I think the only chance the Jets have to win this game is on the arm of Sanchez and hope the Good Sanchez shows up and not the crappy one. If the Pats can shutdown Darren McFadden (except for one 41 yard run), they certainly shutdown Shonn Greene.

Are you sure Rex didn't say he was going back go the Ground Round? ?????

What does Mankins do that makes him "the rock"? For Mangold, you cited line calls and communication. Mankins doesn't do that. He just does what he's told. Being really good at doing what he's told doesn't give him "rock" status.

Of course there's a difference between a 3rd week rookie and a 6th year vet. The difference is that the Pats actually have some depth on the OL. Don't complain to us about injuries, because the Pats are down two starters right now, and you don't see us throwing a fit about it.

I don't doubt that Mangold could've played. I do, however, seriously doubt how effective he would've been. Lombardi was an NFL executive for about 15 years. Don't act like he doesn't know what he's looking at.

Not exactly sure I should bother weighing in onthe e-equivalent of two 'drunk guys on barstools' arguing about the definition of a made up term; but Sciz just drove me to insanity.

Definition of ROCK

: a large mass of stone forming a cliff, promontory, or peak

: a concreted mass of stony material; also : broken pieces of such masses

: consolidated or unconsolidated solid mineral matter; also : a particular mass of it

a : something like a rock in firmness: (1) : foundation,

Ok that is webster.

Not sure how for an OL to be the "ROCK" of the 5 MAN FORMATION; that he has to be the SIGNAL CALLER; otherwise he is doo-doo. In some teams the caller is the QB and NOT an OL. Does that mean those team dont have a 'rock of the line'?

Mankins is the acknowledged emotional and physicality tone setter on the Pats O-Line. And the self-acknowledged meanest guy out there for the 60 minutes of game time. Seems to me that qualifies as the "FOUNDATION" or "something like a rock in firmness"

Not sure how that doesn't qualify.

Now go on about your business. thanks.

watch for lots of play-action with max protect and then a dump off tomlinson with an occaisional bomb to holmes or plax

He's going back to the Ground Round? Why is that news? I mean look at the size of the guy.:singing:

Last edited:
Did anyone mention the hilarious similarity the headline holds to the 'Ground Pound'?

No?

I think Wrecks is right this time...the Jets will be GROUNDED and POUNDED...Nostraryan speaketh..or is that Wrecksadamus?

Last edited:
Are you sure Rex didn't say he was going back go the Ground Round? ?????

he said he hopes the OL can keep Sanchez from getting pounded into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft