PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan Announces He is going back to the Ground and Pound

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Jets don't trust the Sanchise against this Pats pass Defense then they need to start Mark Brunell.

I would like to see Rex Ryan himself get under center

Well what else can Rex say? Their attempts to become a passing team have been woeful. Of course their attempt to become a passing team were brought about by their failure to run the ball. So, in this scenario, one failure at one phase of the game leads to a change to another phase of the game leading to another failure.

The problem the YETS have is that they failed to improve their team via the draft or free agency. Their big, deep threat receiver was Braylon Edwards and they replaced him with Burress, who is not an upgrade. The YETS coaches have been praising Plax's blocking but the guy is a receiver right? They let Woody retire and now with the Mangold injury their lack of depth on the O-line is exposed.

They still have a credible defense but the offense is beyond suspect.

I gotta say that Santonio looks to be turning into the Santonio Holmes that the Steelers unloaded cheap. After the Raiders' lost, he threw Schottenheimer under the bus to the media. This week he threw Sanchez and the o-line under the bus to the media. He was seen having a heated discussion with Sanchez on the sidelines. He is showing he is the ultimate "ME" guy who seems to be pointing the fingers at everyone except himself. He was supposed to be an elite WR and he has been mediocre and spending more time spoken about the media for throwing his teammates and coaches under the bus than making big catches.

Last edited:
Every time I read the thread title I just keep thinking it should say Rex Ryan Announces He is going back to the Ground Round. And then Rodney on Americas Game flashes into my head with him saying, Bellichick shows up just looking awful and takes me to this place called the Ground Round and looks me in the eye and says hey we want you and I told my agent make it happen.

Of course Rex going back to the Ground Round wouldn't really be news. :D

This thread has become a repost disaster area.

What a brilliant plan against Big Vince and Haynesworth with a horrid O-line and facing the 32nd ranked pass defense.

Go for it, Rex!

Haynesworth being the key there, I think.

Guyton is a servicable LB in passing situations, but I would really like to see Haynesworth in there to pick up the slack/dropoff from Mayo on running downs.

Last edited:
I can only imagine BB warning Welker after he heard this..."They have great running backs over there, strong backs with great legs and feet..."

This is huge. This is the team we have to beat. No offense to Buffalo,” Ryan said.

that was the best part of the article. think that will make the bulletin board up in Buffalo? God, I hope so. :D

Does Rex really think this is brilliant move? Come on, We have no pass rush, our secondary sucks. We're not too bad in our run defense. And he's gonna run it all day? Yea, hello. Nobody's buying that! Now if we can just torch their secondary with our pass play!!:singing: I want to invade Revis Island and set up an interim govt. Now, back to reality!:rolleyes:

look...he's obviously LYING...he's a PROVEN degenerate...an open foot fetish swinger...it's a matter of public record...he's got an obvious eating disorder...psychologically he's a complete nightmarescape. Anybody who thinks for one second that THIS cretin doesn't just lie, but is a PATHOLOGICAL liar is either living on Sunnybrook Farm up in the woods of Wisconsin or so gullible that P.T. Barnum's great great grandchildren want to use your photo for their new "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute" ad campaign.

Expect a heavy barrage of crossing patterns and TE passes aimed at our deficient safety position.

Last edited:
LOL! 14 carries 75 yards. Forty-one yards on one carry, 2.6 YPC on the other 13. For a guy who went into the game averaging 131 rushing yards a game, that is shutting him down.

You trolls are getting dumber and dumber every week. What part of Ground do you not understand?

Rob, in fairness to donblackon55, his point was that you really cant take out the big runs out of the game . . . i c were you are trying to come from . . . "except for those [one or two things] we really did this . . . " but when you look at any RB and take away his one or two big run plays then any RB will look very pedestrian . . . that was kind of Don's point . . . Indeed in his prior games against Denver and the J-E-T-S he had five big runs of 70, 47, 27, 20 and 20 (184 yards on five runs), if you take those runs out of the stats and McFadden is very pedestrian as opposed to the beast you claimed he was and that we shut him down . . . just saying . . .

and yes it was refreshing to see that we held him to 32 yards on 13 carries . . .

oh...I thought it meant Rex was going to pound down more damn snacks.....

:ugh:

What kind of moronic coach announces his team's strategy several days before the game? I don't think Ryan is even that blindingly stupid.

And it amazes me that he thinks BB is stupid enough to fall for it.

Last edited:
What kind of moronic coach announces his team's strategy several days before the game? I don't think Ryan is even that blindingly stupid.

Yes

He definitely wasn't trying to get Bill to take the bait or anything and game plan around this statement.

Definitely not

If he was going to announce this 2 or 3 years ago it wouldn't really matter. They did it better than anyone for that time. But the turn around on that line suggests nothing to me that he can follow up with his announcement. Mangold, Ferguson and Hunter are all that remains.
Tony Richardson was a huge part of that running attack and he is gone as well. >He really was something else in the NFL.

I am so afraid of Green and LT

I am so afraid of Green and LT

awwwww...c'mere little BtM and have a seat next to Unca Joker....what is the color of puke?...it's green, my son...see? and that big scary ol' Fatty Meany only has that LT around because his initials remind him of Left Toe...and you know how Sexy Wrexy loves him a good snifter of toes ala mode...now there...don't you feel better now???

oh...I thought it meant Rex was going to pound down more damn snacks.....

:ugh:

It confused me too, at first. I thought he said he was going to the Ground Round.

Rob, in fairness to donblackon55, his point was that you really cant take out the big runs out of the game . . . i c were you are trying to come from . . . "except for those [one or two things] we really did this . . . " but when you look at any RB and take away his one or two big run plays then any RB will look very pedestrian . . . that was kind of Don's point . . . Indeed in his prior games against Denver and the J-E-T-S he had five big runs of 70, 47, 27, 20 and 20 (184 yards on five runs), if you take those runs out of the stats and McFadden is very pedestrian as opposed to the beast you claimed he was and that we shut him down . . . just saying . . .

and yes it was refreshing to see that we held him to 32 yards on 13 carries . . .

There is a difference of what he accused me of and what I am doing. McFadden had a subpar game with that 41 yard run, you take away that run and it is an abismal day. If McFadden had rushed for his average of 131 yards and I took away that one run and still had 90 yards and 4.1 YPC, then it would be what I am accused of. But even when a defense is a top defense, it can breakdown and give up a big play in a game.

Bottomline, McFadden was completely non-effective on the ground the entire game other than that play. He got those yards on that play and I am not minimize that. But again that was about 15 seconds or so and the Raiders had the ball for 33 minutes and 20 seconds. So he was ineffective on the ground for 33 minutes. That is worthy of pointing out.

Ground beef by the pound? Ryan doesn't need to eat more, he needs to go on a diet.:D

You don't get the better of Bill Belichick more often than not by being a f#*king moron - they're not going to try to pound the ball against the Patriots because, if there's anything remotely....average about the Pats D, it's their run defense.
Sanchez can throw the ball, especially against the Pats schittastic pass defense. I wholly expect Burress, Holmes, Keller, etc., to be running wide open in the Pats secondary - have the Pats dbacks shown they can cover ANYONE????
Yes, the red zone D has been decent, but Pats fans shouldn't expect Sanchez to throw up a stinker and they shouldn't expect 45 carries out Green and Tomlinson....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back