PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Press Conference

Its relevant to the loser trashing the guy who did a better job than him.

LOL.......cuz idzik had nothing to do with it......Ryan got the Jets to 2 AFCC's......how about Marrone?

LOL.......cuz idzik had nothing to do with it......Ryan got the Jets to 2 AFCC's......how about Marrone?
Marrone had his team heading in the right direction.
Rex had one good year in 6.

Marrone had his team heading in the right direction.
Rex had one good year in 6.

Ryan's first 2 years were better than Marrone's 2 years......still has nothing to do with loyalty

Any word on whether or not he plans on kissing any rings?

I am surprised he did not say "You've got a winner in town"….

Watching that press conference must have been like watching The Who at the Super Bowl a few years ago. You remembered how much you liked them way back when, how exciting they were when they were doing things that were new and innovative, but then what you saw was them going through the motions and giving you the same old, tired junk. Will Rex' team be a pain to play for a season or two, possibly given Buffalo's personnel on defense, but they'll be the same on offense and Rex gave no indication he has a clue what to do about that. If he thinks Greg Roman's performance as offensive coordinator in San Francisco is going to solve their quarterback issues in Buffalo, then he doesn't study film as much as I would have thought ...

Can't stand the guy for he's a clown but, if Rex can figure out his QB position, this Bills team will be a very tough out.

I am surprised he did not say "You've got a winner in town"….
FCC warned him not to due to truth in advertising laws

Over the years, the media her in Buffalo has given Rex so much admiration. They really dig his schtick. I can only imagine how much worse it's going to be now that he's the coach. The inevitable realization is going to result in one helluva downer.

It's like admiring the really pretty girl in your Economics class from afar the entire semester, and then at the very end of the year, you bump into her in a bar, you're both drunk, you end up in bed, and you wake up the next morning with bugs having a party in your pubes (apologies for the analogy everyone).

Mike Rodak ✔ @mikerodak
Rex asked about getting back at the Jets: “I’ll be honest, it’s still the Patriots that I want the most."

- - Umm.....Rex, the Patriots have bigger, more important things on their plate right now. Keep fantasizing.

Over the years, the media her in Buffalo has given Rex so much admiration. They really dig his schtick. I can only imagine how much worse it's going to be now that he's the coach. The inevitable realization is going to result in one helluva downer.

Remedy ...... listen to Mike Schopp and Bulldog on GR. :cool:

People here are being far too dismissive of Ryan and the Bills. The Bills won 9 games last year, with Kyle Orton under center. If that team can just get Kyle Orton level QB play this year, Rex could very well get that team into the playoffs. And, despite people's attempt to minimize it, Rex does defend Brady well.

His press conference reminded me of Denis Hopper in Waterworld when he's speaking to his followers and inspiring them to row for days all the while knowing he is full of crap.
I loved the question about what he's learned being a head coach and I didn't hear one thought of humility.

But his act sure does inspire at least short term. I've had about 10 Bills fans text me letting me know the road goes through Buffalo next year.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back