PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Burkhead signs with Houston Texans

Thanks for everything you did as a patriot Rex….especially some clutch plays in SB….Best of luck!

Gonna miss him. When fit he is a hell of a player.

Wish him well, hope he is fully mended. And that his injuries don’t effect his retirement life.

Good for him. I thought he was retiring.

As a Nebraska fan I always loved Rex here. He played the game with love and passion, had a nose to find the line to gain but after injury he was the odd man out.

This just looks like a mess.
???

Health being equal, it looks like a potentially better RB group than what's in New England.

Seemed like a good egg. I wish him all the best wherever he may roam. He gave what he had, every time.

???

Health being equal, it looks like a potentially better RB group than what's in New England.
If this is the same Mark Ingram and David Johnson from 2016, sure. But it’s 2021 now.

The only RB I like here moving forward is Lindsay. And he has injury concerns of his own.

For the record, I’d take Harris over any of these guys currently. And I’d probably take Michel over any besides Lindsay. (Toss up between him and Johnson)

If this is the same Mark Ingram and David Johnson from 2016, sure. But it’s 2021 now.

The only RB I like here moving forward is Lindsay. And he has injury concerns of his own.

For the record, I’d take Harris over any of these guys currently. And I’d probably take Michel over any besides Lindsay. (Toss up between him and Johnson)
White's not the same White from 2016, either, Lindsay's probably the best RB of the bunch, and Burkhead is the best "versatile" back of the bunch, when he's healthy.

IF they stay relatively healthy, that’s a nice/versatile crop of RBs.
I don’t think it’s the RB group you think it is.

Ingram fell way off last year. We really haven’t seen Burkhead stay healthy in years. David Johnson has been nothing but injury prone over his career. Last year for them he was fine, but nothing special.

White's not the same White from 2016, either, Lindsay's probably the best RB of the bunch, and Burkhead is the best "versatile" back of the bunch, when he's healthy.
But Burkhead hasn’t been healthy in so long, and his injuries have been bad. Plus is north of 30 now himself.

Lindsay probably is the most proven for sure, but I’d like to see Harris this year. Think Harris might have a higher ceiling than Lindsay if given the chance.

But Burkhead hasn’t been healthy in so long, and his injuries have been bad. Plus is north of 30 now himself.

Lindsay probably is the most proven for sure, but I’d like to see Harris this year. Think Harris might have a higher ceiling than Lindsay if given the chance.
Harris hasn't stayed healthy. Michel has had his health issues. etc...

That's why I specifically wrote "Health being equal". There's no other way to really evaluate them, since their histories mean that we can't use health against one over the other.

Glad to see all the appreciation of Burkhead, I liked him too.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back