PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burkhead… bows out

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks for the memories Rex. When you were healthy, you were a fabulous weapon. Always remember your TD to beat the Chiefs! :)

I always thought he looked like a bigger Jules. He should have been a receiver vs a RB, maybe would have taken less of a pounding.

he had an explosive burst. liked the guy all around.

I always thought he looked like a bigger Jules. He should have been a receiver vs a RB, maybe would have taken less of a pounding.
Maybe. Although I’d say 33 is by no means out of the norm for an RB to retire although it’s not like he was a bell cow.

Maybe. Although I’d say 33 is by no means out of the norm for an RB to retire although it’s not like he was a bell cow.
I wasn't thinking about longevity, more about the injury downtime during his career. Plus, I just thought he would have made a really good receiver.

I wasn't thinking about longevity, more about the injury downtime during his career. Plus, I just thought he would have made a really good receiver.
Fair point, for some reason the injury history slipped my mind.

Excellent underrated player

Making it to 32 as a RB this day and age is pretty good

I really liked his running style -- long, rapid strides, quite atypical for most running backs.

Lol my buddy came by last night for beers and we saw the ESPN ticker about Rex's retirement. I said Burkhead is the most anticlimactic name in legendary Patriots wins history. Think about it, on the road against KC. 3 straight 3rd down conversions in overtime, get down to the 1 yard line and...the most boring 1 yard touchdown run in NFL history to send us to the Super Bowl LOL.

Did not know he was still playing. Injuries kept him from being really good. The biggest injury tease in Pats history!

One of the most underrated players

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back