PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Results Are In, Chad Jackson Is A 1st Year Bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculously premature.

Good Day.

I agree...come on PWP - you are a much better poster than the likes of this one....

I believe what BB is saying about him, our system, be it on offense or defense takes time to figure out. I think Chad Jackson has what it takes and without a doubt in my mind - he will become the player we all are hoping for.

Let's hope he can contribute a little during the stretch run, playoffs and Superbowl victory - but next year he will really bust out for sure.

All thread hyping aside, I dunno. I'm beginning to doubt Jackson. SOMETHING is not right with the player. Brady avoids throwing to him like the plague.

All thread hyping aside, I dunno. I'm beginning to doubt Jackson. SOMETHING is not right with the player. Brady avoids throwing to him like the plague.

Don't make light of all the missed time, he really fell behind by missing all of training camp - for any rookie that really puts them so far behind they simply cannot catch up.

I also think he had (or has) some maturing to go through. Remember, we are talkin gabout 21 year old kids here......I think the "captains" may have finally got through to him.

I still think he will contribute during the next 6 games this year.

Results Are In

Man, I must have had a Van Winkle sleep.

So, who won the Super Bowl?

A little food for thought. Unlike in the past, second rounders and lower have four year deals, maximum. So if CJ rebounds next year and plays up to the hype, we will have him around for one more year after that before RFA kicks in, then its stupid money time and seeya lata CJ. So teams like the Pats do not have the luxury to "wait for him to develop in the second year" any more. He's already lost 1/3 of the production time we will probably ever see from him.

A little food for thought. Unlike in the past, second rounders and lower have four year deals, maximum. So if CJ rebounds next year and plays up to the hype, we will have him around for one more year after that before RFA kicks in, then its stupid money time and seeya lata CJ. So teams like the Pats do not have the luxury to "wait for him to develop in the second year" any more. He's already lost 1/3 of the production time we will probably ever see from him.

Actually I think the Pats policy is to sign the 2nd rd picks to 5 year deals. Hence why Branch thought he was forced into a 5 year contract and wanted to renegotiate. But the 2nd rd pcks are asked to produce as rookies because the lack of depth in the NFL due to the cap. High pick rookies are counted on to produce aound the league now.

Jackson has not produced, I am not upset with him because of the hype. I was never a believer, I almost threw up on draft day. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER take a florda WR with a 2nd Rd pick. My point on the subject is well documented. If you want to take a flyer on a Florida WR with a 6th rd, that is fine. Never lower than 5th rd.

Ugh!!! Florida WRs, like I didnt see Jackson's rookie season coming a mile away.

"Those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it"

Actually I think the Pats policy is to sign the 2nd rd picks to 5 year deals. Hence why Branch thought he was forced into a 5 year contract and wanted to renegotiate. But the 2nd rd pcks are asked to produce as rookies because the lack of depth in the NFL due to the cap. High pick rookies are counted on to produce aound the league now.

Jackson has not produced, I am not upset with him because of the hype. I was never a believer, I almost threw up on draft day. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER take a florda WR with a 2nd Rd pick. My point on the subject is well documented. If you want to take a flyer on a Florida WR with a 6th rd, that is fine. Never lower than 5th rd.

Ugh!!! Florida WRs, like I didnt see Jackson's rookie season coming a mile away.

Under the new CBA:

1st round 1-16 may sign a six year deal

1st round 17-32 may sign a five year deal

2nd - 7th round deals may not exceed four years

Other than that, just sit back and enjoy BB's attempt to rehab Florida WRs. :)

Edit: All players who make the 53 are expected to produce, which helps explain the Pats 7th round rookie leading the team with Special Teams tackles. This also applies to any player signed to the Practice Squad and the Mruczkowski's who float on and off the shadow roster, as they need to be fit and ready to play on short notice too. Players who go in IR are expected to work hard to rehab. You have to love it as a Pats' fan, BB has really put a premium on being a Pats' player and very few players are failing to live up to his standard. :singing:

Nope. The New CBA has maximum four year deals for rooks after rd 1. This is a major blow to the Patriots organization, and the very worst part of that deal. I thought it was only 3 years earlier, but I looked it up and its 4. With RFA after 3, no extensions till after 2, so it means if he really does well next year, he's gonna price himself out of town after his third season. Sux, huh?

Nope. The New CBA has maximum four year deals for rooks after rd 1. This is a major blow to the Patriots organization, and the very worst part of that deal. I thought it was only 3 years earlier, but I looked it up and its 4. With RFA after 3, no extensions till after 2, so it means if he really does well next year, he's gonna price himself out of town after his third season. Sux, huh?
Oh, and let's not forget that former Raider's doofus running the Union worked very closely with one of the big agents who has a Pats' boner to implement that rule in negotiations. Sucks to be a successful organization. :rolleyes:

The King of Tightness says everyone needs to relax. My boy Chad Jackson will bust out his tightness soon enough. If you want to blame someone, blame Tom Brady for not throwing him the ball.

Patswickedpissuh, with no due respect, this is quite possibly the most short-sighted, ******ed non-Keegs thread currently on this board. You seem to be part of that clan who expects every rookie to blossom instantaneously like Deion did his first year. That rarely happens, especially in this complex an offensive system. Take a breath and, for our sakes, a break from posting.

I was never a believer, I almost threw up on draft day. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER take a florda WR with a 2nd Rd pick. My point on the subject is well documented. If you want to take a flyer on a Florida WR with a 6th rd, that is fine. Never lower than 5th rd.

Honestly, this thread is dumb in like 8 different directions. Peter Pat, this is patently, HUMILIATINGLY myopic thinking. The success, or lack thereof, of players like Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, Ike Hilliard, Taylor Jacobs and anyone else you feel like throwing against the wall, has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on how good, or not, Chad Jackson is. By the way, neither does Wes Chandler or Cris Collinsworth or Darrell Jackson, all of whom could play a little.

By your standards, Penn State RB's should be avoided like the plague, too. How's Larry Johnson looking these days? He any good?

All I know is, that CJ is contributing nothing on a team with the worst collection of WRs in the NFL. If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

For the record, I too was on board with the trade-up, in order to draft CJ. I figured that his one year coached by Urban Meyer would overcome the previous years mal-coached by Ron Zook.

Perhaps the FO needs to shift their draft gazes away from the ath-a-letes (BJ and CJ), and, instead, back towards the "Patriots Type" WRs (Anquan Boldin and Greg Jennings).

I don't think CJ is a bust, but definately a HUGE disappointment. Hopefully we see something different from him next year, by different, I mean something good. Sometimes it takes a while for a WR to burst out. I look at guys like Reggie Williams of Jacksonville (a 1st rounder), he is slowly becoming a fine receiver in his 3rd year, despite a shaky QB situation. Isaac Bruce is another example, 21 catches as a rookie, and has been a star since his second season. Laverneus Coles, 22 rookie catches, Chad Johnson 28 catches, Santana Moss 2 catches, Steve Smith 10 catches. As you can see, all or most of these receivers have been to the Pro Bowl since their rookie seasons.

Whats the dig on Florida receivers? We have waaay too many. Here's how they currently rank in my book. Kight now gets the bump over bust Jackson for at least contributing on special teams. Although none of these guys are anything more than Jags.

Caldwell
Gaffney
Kight
Jackson

Looking on the bright side, our receivers seem better than San Diegos at least.

So you don't like the Gator uniform or something, right ? What difference does it make ? If you want to say "Spurrier WR", fine. But Jackson never played for Spurrier. Playing for Florida is 100% irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft