PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Welker surgery scheduled for Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long as he's not getting the surgery done by the same guy with the unsanitary equipment that Tom Brady went to, he should be okay.

He'll be ready by the start of the season.

That is, the 2011 season.

A QB recovering from an ACL/MCL injury by the next season is one thing - a QB generally needs to drop back and occasionally scramble.

A WR - especially a WR like Welker - depends on his speed and ability to cut sharply to get separation to excell as Welker did. I can't help but think that both his speed and agility would be so limited by trying to play this season that he'd be better off working on strengthening the knee throughout 2010 and coming back fully healthy and confident in 2011.

I, unfortunately, agree with this. Anyone expecting the "real" Welker next year is fooling themselves. Spend your energy hoping the Edleman fills in well.

I don't want to be a negative nancy, but I highly doubt it. I don't doubt that Welker will put the work in to get better, but (realistically) we're probably not going to be looking at the same old Welker until later that season, if not the season after. ACL injuries to WR's like Welker (guys that depend on cutting aggressively) are bad enough as it is... nevermind an MCL tear to go along with it.

The MCL heals much faster than the ACL, it won't effect his recovery however I think you're right about not expecting him to come back well from this.

I think this is a 2 year injury for a WR.

I, unfortunately, agree with this. Anyone expecting the "real" Welker next year is fooling themselves. Spend your energy hoping the Edleman fills in well.

I prefer to send positive engergy out thanks. I say welker is back to full force by week 1 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft