PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker has torn rotator cuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain how rehabbing a tear in your knee is easy while your arm is in a sling. You do know that a big part of healing from an ACL tear is doing plyometrics?
I don't know and, I suspect, neither do you. I've seen quotes from a couple of doctors saying it's no big deal to do both at once. I'm done even reading these threads from pseudo medical experts who no nothing. Again, I don't know but neither do you.

I don't know and, I suspect, neither do you. I've seen quotes from a couple of doctors saying it's no big deal to do both at once. I'm done even reading these threads from pseudo medical experts who no nothing. Again, I don't know but neither do you.

This is common sense. Do you even know what plyometrics is?

Clearly not.

I mean honestly, this is the poster acting as if a rotater tear that required surgery (while trying to heal a torn acl) is no big deal.

Anyone who is not swigging the kool-aid, knows this is bad news.

Welker is a beast and I expect him to recover...but, those who expect him to play early in the season (if at all next year - if the reports about his shoulder are accurate) are delusional.

Last edited:

I bet he googled it :cool:

or did he use wiki?:confused:

PatPsycho at least he can do 1 armed push ups.:americaflag:

I do mean 1 arm
lmao

Clearly not.

I mean honestly, this is the poster acting as if a rotater tear that required surgery (while trying to heal a torn acl) is no big deal.
And you don't even know how bad a tear it was. I have admitted that I don't know but I have read opinions of people with far more credentials than you that it's not a significant issue with regard to the ACL. The difference between you and me is you think you know and I know I don't.

And you don't even know how bad a tear it was. I have admitted that I don't know but I have read opinions of people with far more credentials than you that it's not a significant issue with regard to the ACL. The difference between you and me is you think you know and I know I don't.

The fact that Welker required surgery means it is a near to complete tear as I have stated. Most individuals with rotator cuff tears do not require surgery and are simply prescribed a period of PT. This is common knowledge.

any tear that requires surgery ='s bad

surgery means one must heal afterwards. He cannot do any activity now because of his knee and shoulder injuries.

No way in hell that Welker can do any sort of Plyo workout.

he is hurt on both halves limiting any kind of workout of the body... all he can do is rest.

he cannot even squat or lunge his own body weight never mind the bar plus weights.

He is screwed by two injuries that effect each half of the body. How does he keep fit or stay in shape?

plyo's are basic.... use of own bodyweight exercises that he is not allowed to do.:bricks::bricks::bricks:

The fact that Welker required surgery means it is a near to complete tear as I have stated. Most individuals with rotator cuff tears do not require surgery and are simply prescribed a period of PT. This is common knowledge.
Whatever, you condescending prick. You do not know. Sorry. I know enough to have a gut feeling and to admit I don't. Have fun on this thread, I'm way out.

Last edited:

As stated, multiple times, any rotator tear that requires surgery is not good. When I tore mine, it was far more challenging to heal than anticipated.

The difference between you and I is that I'm a realist, and while you are grasping at anything you can to talk yourself into believing that Welker will be back to 100% by week six, common sense tells me that he will be lucky to see the field at all in 2010.

For the record, I want Welker to make a full recovery as he is BY FAR my favorite player on the team. That said, I am worried these injuries might affect him for the rest of his career. He took a huge beating last year.

Last edited:
Whatever, you condescending prick. You do not know. Sorry. I know enough to have a gut feeling and to admit I don't. Have fun on this thread, I'm way out.

Why resort to name-calling to conceal your ignorance? Read this article and learn something.

Rotator Cuff Tears - All About Rotator Cuff Tears

Please note the author is an actual M.D. and not some amateur, but I guess you'll be calling him a condescending prick too, for exposing your ignorance.

worst part of it is..... now

The healing has to occur in 2 different areas. This will have severe implications in how each area heals because the body is healing a 2 front battle versus a 1.

Resources are not going to 1 area, but they are split up.

SOB... this sucks

any tear that requires surgery ='s bad

surgery means one must heal afterwards. He cannot do any activity now because of his knee and shoulder injuries.

No way in hell that Welker can do any sort of Plyo workout.

he is hurt on both halves limiting any kind of workout of the body... all he can do is rest.

he cannot even squat or lunge his own body weight never mind the bar plus weights.

He is screwed by two injuries that effect each half of the body. How does he keep fit or stay in shape?

plyo's are basic.... use of own bodyweight exercises that he is not allowed to do.:bricks::bricks::bricks:

my mommy told me this was important to include....

and I do fear Welker will never be 100% ever again.....

hugggee injuries to the young buck.

The big deal here is that he HAD surgery, which means he had a near to complete tear of the rotator cuff.

Where does it say he HAD surgery? Sorry if I missed it.

Now on to the surgery part, if he did indeed have surgery for it. There are MANY varying levels of tears and many reasons for surgery. An average person may not need surgery in minor cases whereas athletes or people who need that shoulder at maximum strength may be recommended surgery. Having surgery is NOT a sign that it was a major tear at all.

The fact that he was playing in the Texans game indicates that it was not a major complete tear. There are many factors involved, none of which we know, so to suggest that you know for a fact it will sidetrack his knee rehabilitation is wrong.

PS: The site you link to that gives the 4-6 month window for resuming normal physical activity after rotator cuff surgery also lists the window of 4-7 months before plyometrics begins after ACL surgery. Also once again, these are estimates based on the average case, they are not hard line numbers for professional athletes to begin with.

Now on to the surgery part, if he did indeed have surgery for it. There are MANY varying levels of tears and many reasons for surgery. An average person may not need surgery in minor cases whereas athletes or people who need that shoulder at maximum strength may be recommended surgery. Having surgery is NOT a sign that it was a major tear at all.

The fact that he was playing in the Texans game indicates that it was not a major complete tear. There are many factors involved, none of which we know, so to suggest that you know for a fact it will sidetrack his knee rehabilitation is wrong.

PS: The site you link to that gives the 4-6 month window for resuming normal physical activity after rotator cuff surgery also lists the window of 4-7 months before plyometrics begins after ACL surgery. Also once again, these are estimates based on the average case, they are not hard line numbers for professional athletes to begin with.

Number one, as a professional athlete, you want to avoid surgery unless it is absolutely necessary (because it prolongs healing). You would rather rehab.

So the fact that he had to have surgery is a clear indication that there was some serious damage. Of course he had to play through it. Mayo did too, last year.

Did I say he would not play at all? No. I said "I wouldn't be surprised"

Big difference between a passive observation and an outright declaration.

Number one, as a professional athlete, you want to avoid surgery unless it is absolutely necessary (because it prolongs healing). You would rather rehab.

Well this is simply not true at all and if you want to lump ALL surgery into one general statement like that, this discussion will go nowhere.

So the fact that he had to have surgery is a clear indication that there was some serious damage. Of course he had to play through it. Mayo did too, last year.

No it really isn't, please stop pretending to be a doctor. Also link me to where it says he had shoulder surgery please?

So basically you ignore all the points out of my post, lump every type of surgery into a general statement, demand that surgery for a rotator cuff means it had to have been major tear, say you wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play, and then claim it as passive observation? The "not playing" part may be passive observation, but everything leading up to that was outright declaration.

Let's assume for a moment it was major rotator cuff tear. The SAME window for that surgery to heal completely to resume normal activity is teh SAME window for the ACL to be ready for plyometrics. So not only is your underlying argument rely on things we don't know, but your reasoning after that is completely off.

you sir.... are 100% right in everything you mention in this thread.

you obviously see what I see..... and it is not good for Welker or for this team.

I honestly think it would be better for Welker to sit out a year and rehab then to come back, not at 100% and get hurt again by tear or w/e.

bad times for Welker:(:mad::mad:

Right on time!!! "emoney", is there EVER a time when you're not spinning things to the homer side of the fence? Every single post I've ever seen from you has been homerific to the max.

Last edited:
Also link me to where it says he had shoulder surgery please?

Please tell me you're kidding. You'd have to be not reading any football related items in the past week at all, to have missed this.

No point in having a discussion with you if you don't even know the basic facts of the subject that is being discussed in this thread.

Psych I got your back on this

Wes Welker-WR- Patriots Mar. 12 - 10:57 pm et

According to the Boston Herald, Wes Welker is rehabbing a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder in addition to his torn ACL and MCL.
No timetable for his return has been given, but by all indications he isn't going to be ready for opening day. The shoulder injury likely required major surgery. We'd be surprised to see Welker on the field before Thanksgiving.
Source: Boston Herald

Bolded and Underlined

game,set,match.

Right on time!!! "emoney", is there EVER a time when you're not spinning things to the homer side of the fence? Every single post I've ever seen from you has been homerific to the max.

Nothing I said be construed as "homerism" unless you lack basic reading comprehension, are a complete moron, or have a personal bias/agenda towards me.

I am merely pointing out FACTS and have not so much as stated my opinion on Welker's return in this thread.

Please tell me you're kidding. You'd have to be not reading any football related items in the past week at all, to have missed this.

Yeah sorry, I was a bit busy this weekend. I apologize for not living up to your amazing standards as a 24/7 football fan. Thanks again for simply just giving me a link like a respectable person. I've lost all respect for you.

No point in having a discussion with you if you don't even know the basic facts of the subject that is being discussed in this thread.

Weasle your way out of having to account for your mistake of demanding your mistruths are facts. You have still completely ignored every point I made in order to avoid admitting you were wrong. Real stand-up personality you have there.

For others, who may be curious, there ARE many factors that go into why an individual would have rotator cuff surgery and we probably won't know how bad it was unless information is leaked or we may see if there are any effects when he eventually returns to the field.

When does a rotator cuff tear require surgery?

Each patient must be treated individually as not all rotator cuff tears are the same, and different factors must be considered in each individual case.

Also, you may notice that one of the non-surgical recommendations include resting for several months and may STILL require surgery in the end. This is one of the reasons why professional athletes may be recommended surgery while others are recommended rehab first.

Also in Welker's case, since he had ACL surgery and is going to be limited in activity already for 4+ months, that is another reason why a doctor may recommend surgery at this point for Welker on the rotator cuff rather than wait for his ACL to be ready for plyometrics and then possibly need cuff surgery at that point in time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey