PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Surgery For Lugo

patsfanofNC12

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
It's a shame he is going to have to have the surgery because he has been great this spring going 9-20 [.450] with 2 doubles and 4 rbi's. The surgery is to tell exactly what is wrong with him [thought to be a torn meniscus] and if it is a torn meniscus he would most likely miss around 1 month.

Lowrie has done good also though going 9-for-24 [.375] with 2 doubles, 2 triples, and 4 rbi's.

Arthroscopic surgery for Lugo - Extra Bases - Red Sox blog

Boston Red Sox shortstop Julio Lugo to undergo knee surgery Tuesday - ESPN

Lugo needs surgery ... be still my broken heart.:rolleyes:

Lowrie is going to play well and when Lugo comes back he won't have a spot on the team.

i hated the lugo signing from day one. hopefully he never plays for the sox again. its a miracle they were able to win a WS with him in the line up.

Last edited:
I am not the least bit upset over this. I don't care for Lugo at all and didn't like the signing either. At the beginning of last year, it was a running joke in the family, when Lugo was at bat, to say, "Here comes Mr. Double play". Seemed like whenever he was up, that was the results... I am glad Lowrie is going to play in his place.

I don't like Lugo either, but I am sort of curious as to how his hot spring would have transferred into the regular season

Last edited:
I need some kind of surgery every time I watch this guy play.

i hated the lugo signing from day one. hopefully he never plays for the sox again. its a miracle they were able to win a WS with him in the line up.

me too... i remember theo had a hard on for him. why i just dont know.

I don't like Lugo either, but I am sort of curious as to how his hot spring would have transferred into the regular season

I think he would have won the starting job with Lowrie right there to take over when he would blow it.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back