PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Surgery For Lugo

patsfanofNC12

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
It's a shame he is going to have to have the surgery because he has been great this spring going 9-20 [.450] with 2 doubles and 4 rbi's. The surgery is to tell exactly what is wrong with him [thought to be a torn meniscus] and if it is a torn meniscus he would most likely miss around 1 month.

Lowrie has done good also though going 9-for-24 [.375] with 2 doubles, 2 triples, and 4 rbi's.

Arthroscopic surgery for Lugo - Extra Bases - Red Sox blog

Boston Red Sox shortstop Julio Lugo to undergo knee surgery Tuesday - ESPN

Lugo needs surgery ... be still my broken heart.:rolleyes:

Lowrie is going to play well and when Lugo comes back he won't have a spot on the team.

i hated the lugo signing from day one. hopefully he never plays for the sox again. its a miracle they were able to win a WS with him in the line up.

Last edited:
I am not the least bit upset over this. I don't care for Lugo at all and didn't like the signing either. At the beginning of last year, it was a running joke in the family, when Lugo was at bat, to say, "Here comes Mr. Double play". Seemed like whenever he was up, that was the results... I am glad Lowrie is going to play in his place.

I don't like Lugo either, but I am sort of curious as to how his hot spring would have transferred into the regular season

Last edited:
I need some kind of surgery every time I watch this guy play.

i hated the lugo signing from day one. hopefully he never plays for the sox again. its a miracle they were able to win a WS with him in the line up.

me too... i remember theo had a hard on for him. why i just dont know.

I don't like Lugo either, but I am sort of curious as to how his hot spring would have transferred into the regular season

I think he would have won the starting job with Lowrie right there to take over when he would blow it.

What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Back