PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Tim Tebow asked out of Wildcat because he was skipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebow made himself into an icon by striking the "humiliation" pose, but couldn't quite handle real humiliation when the time came.

When he proclaimed he would do anything for the team he was lying and probably didn't even know it. That's when you know lying is so ingrained that it is undetectable even to the liar, and that makes such liars viciously dangerous to their rabid followers.

Tammy Faye Baker really wrote the book on this type of guy.

The Jets traded for him when his value was something and then they wasted a year of his career with a lot of BS. Anyone would be infuriated when, after patiently supporting Sanchez, it was time for another starter and they didn't give you the nod.

He should have earned the nod, not been "given" it. tebow supporters seem to think he should be handed things because he's Tim Tebow, instead of actually going out and earning it. If he were Alex Smith they could at least make an argument he was treated "unfairly," but even that comes down to coaches discretion as to what is best for the team going forward.

Tebow made himself into an icon by striking the "humiliation" pose, but couldn't quite handle real humiliation when the time came.

When he proclaimed he would do anything for the team he was lying and probably didn't even know it. That's when you know lying is so ingrained that it is undetectable even to the liar, and that makes such liars viciously dangerous to their rabid followers.

Tammy Faye Baker really wrote the book on this type of guy.

That's very harsh. I don't think he ever preaches that he's perfect. Failing at what you strive for isn't a lie. The notion that he is some kind of a pathological liar is ridiculous. Why the hate?

Last edited:
It's George Bush having dinner with Osama Bin Laden...wait...that one actually happened.

Their families are still business partners in the Carlyle Group. :coffee:

Bin Laden's father was one of the engineers that built the Twin Towers.

And, Tebow is the most overrated football player currently.

All true.

Their families are still business partners in the Carlyle Group. :coffee:

Bin Laden's father was one of the engineers that built the Twin Towers.

And, Tebow is the most overrated football player currently.

All true.

I don't think you know what overrated means.

honestly i don't blame Tebow; he was probably promised a shot at the qb spot if Mark struggled and the Jets reneged on that agreement. Why do people think he chose the Jets over the Jags, so they probably lie to him then they had him playing as a punt protector when he is a QB.The final insult was bypassing him a guy who led the broncos to the playoffs for McElroy.

Tebow's a flawed person and has admitted as much, there's no reason to paint him as something he never pretended to be. Nobody questioned his character before the bottom feeding NY media and Jets circus arrived so take these stories with a half a grain of salt.

You just have to wonder how dreadful it must be to have players behaving the way they do down there on a regular basis. If the stories true it'll only prove Tebow caught a case of the NY Jets and needs serious quarantining.

Last edited:
honestly i don't blame Tebow; he was probably promised a shot at the qb spot if Mark struggled and the Jets reneged on that agreement. Why do people think he chose the Jets over the Jags, so they probably lie to him then they had him playing as a punt protector when he is a QB.The final insult was bypassing him a guy who led the broncos to the playoffs for McElroy.

Because there were conflicting reports and people read the media's conclusions based on the fact the Jaguars offered more. I've only seen a couple of official statements on it where he said he didn't have a choice and then I saw this a couple of weeks ago before the Jaguars game but it's buried in some article on page 2:

“At the end of the day, it wasn’t my choice,” Tebow said. “I’m very blessed and thankful they let me have input in it and coach (John) Fox and Mr. (John) Elway talked to me about it. Ultimately, it was their decision. I woke up one morning hearing I was a New York Jet. ... I would have loved to play for both organizations, but I am a Jet. I’m glad I’m a Jet. I’m looking forward to this game and going back home.”

Read more: Tebow returns home against Jaguars, but chances may be slim for him to play - Norwich, CT - The Bulletin Tebow returns home against Jaguars, but chances may be slim for him to play - Norwich, CT - The Bulletin

Some drew conclusions that he doesn't want to admit it he chose them because he didn't want to disappoint his fan base back home. Although I wonder, if he did choose the Jets, why would he worry about disappointing his fan base home when he risked alienating the Jets fan base by not embracing it when he was first traded? Stupid on his part if true.

John Elway said he "was in contact and Tebow knew what was going on" but the media ended up reporting he was given a choice using the fact the Jaguars offered more as proof. Jaguars owner also thinks the same because he knows they offered more.

“There was more [offered] from Jacksonville, but I think that we looked at it and it was close enough, and we were in contact with Tim throughout the day, and talked to him,” Elway told ESPN Radio in Denver. “He knew what was going on the whole time. The reports that he was not involved are not accurate.”

New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow may have lied in telling story of how he got traded from Denver Broncos - NYPOST.com

Jaguars offered 3 million instead of 2.5, and their draft pick was 9 spots higher(7th vs 16th for the Jets).

So we know from John, Jaguars offered more.
John claims he kept in touch with Tebow.
Tebow said it was ultimately their choice.
Kahn thinks Tebow obviously chose the Jets because they actually offered more and wouldn't want him if the decision was taken out of his hands.

Who knows? Personally I never saw the Tebow/Jets marriage and was shocked that out of all the teams in the NFL he would pick them. The fit was never there in my eyes.

However, one has to wonder, if Tebow didn't choose the Jets, and the Jaguars did offer more...then what the hell really happened here? Or maybe it's as simple as Tebow wanting to play for the Jaguars, but as a devout Christian as he is, Tebow didn't want to play for a new, muslim owner and doesn't want to come out and say so. Either one of those possibilities would create major waves. Yet another Tebow situation where it's split right down the middle and people are forced to take one side or another and draw their own conclusions. Surprised?

Last edited:
Because there were conflicting reports and people read the media's conclusions based on the fact the Jaguars offered more. I've only seen a couple of official statements on it where he said he didn't have a choice and then I saw this a couple of weeks ago before the Jaguars game but it's buried in some article on page 2:

Some drew conclusions that he doesn't want to admit it he chose them because he didn't want to disappoint his fan base back home. Although I wonder, if he did choose the Jets, why would he worry about disappointing his fan base home when he risked alienating the Jets fan base by not embracing it when he was first traded? Stupid on his part if true.

John Elway said he "was in contact and Tebow knew what was going on" but the media ended up reporting he was given a choice using the fact the Jaguars offered more as proof. Jaguars owner also thinks the same because he knows they offered more.

Jaguars offered 3 million instead of 2.5, and their draft pick was 9 spots higher(7th vs 16th for the Jets).

So we know from John, Jaguars offered more.
John claims he kept in touch with Tebow.
Tebow said it was ultimately their choice.
Kahn thinks Tebow obviously chose the Jets because they actually offered more and wouldn't want him if the decision was taken out of his hands.

Who knows? Personally I never saw the Tebow/Jets marriage and was shocked that out of all the teams in the NFL he would pick them. The fit was never there in my eyes.

However, one has to wonder, if Tebow didn't choose the Jets, and the Jaguars did offer more...then what the hell really happened here? Or maybe it's as simple as Tebow wanting to play for the Jaguars, but as a devout Christian as he is, Tebow didn't want to play for a new, muslim owner and doesn't want to come out and say so. Either one of those possibilities would create major waves. Yet another Tebow situation where it's split right down the middle and people are forced to take one side or another and draw their own conclusions. Surprised?

Tebow doesn't strike me as a bigot. He could have easily decided he doesn't want to work under Tannenbaum.

The bigotry of many of the Tebow critics is hilarious.

It's not bigotry; we just refuse to give him special privileges in return for his pious displays.

He's a marginally competent QB who thinks he's better than he is. That's OK, especially given the evidence of his success both in college and the pros in systems designed around him.

However, refusing to play QB is not OK.

And we're not rushing to judgment; the commentary is in line with "Well, the reports seem credible, but we have to recall they might be false or exaggerated even so."

Last edited:
I would agree that Tebow would deserve to come under some criticism IF he told Rex he wouldn't play in the Wildcat. IF....and that's a big if. He has since come out and denied he ever did it. There is no one coming out to confirm the allegation.

.....And that's all it is to this point. How many times have we seen uncorroborated statements later found out to be made up stories. This is what piss me off royally. Not one word of the story has been confirmed, yet people here are arguing positions as if it actually happened!

I'm certainly not a Tebowite. I'm not ever going to get an invite to "his" heaven. I don't respect his play at QB. However I do respect him as a tough, high effort football player, who deserved better than what he's gotten from the Jets. ....And this hatchet job, going out the door, should be a lesson for any quality FA what to expect if they got there. For now the Jets are NEVER going to be a place any FA with options is going to want to go. The only FA's they will get are those who need jobs, or those they vastly over pay.

Yep, he denied it, Jets say it was a coaches decision but you have a load of people on here who still have not learned that the media make up lies.

You think Patriots fans would know that after ***gate.

Yep, he denied it, Jets say it was a coaches decision but you have a load of people on here who still have not learned that the media make up lies.

Did you really think he'd confirm that he made these remarks?

It's shocking that people would take the side of the finger pointing scum bags in NY.

Did you really think he'd confirm that he made these remarks?

I like how the Jets organization is a bastion of truth and honesty when it is convenient for an argument.

If Tebow denied it and nobody is officially confirming or disputing that - then why would you put any stock in rumors or allegations from an organization that has more leaks and players dying to spout nonsense than any in the NFL?

It's not bigotry; we just refuse to give him special privileges in return for his pious displays.

He's a marginally competent QB who thinks he's better than he is. That's OK, especially given the evidence of his success both in college and the pros in systems designed around him.

However, refusing to play QB is not OK.

And we're not rushing to judgment; the commentary is in line with "Well, the reports seem credible, but we have to recall they might be false or exaggerated even so."

He didn't refuse to play QB. He refused to be a circus monkey.

He never denied it, he danced around it without giving a definitive answer, he basically admitted to it without admitting to it. Tebow's already stated that he found out on Tuesday that McElroy would be starting, was upset and voiced his displeasure, Kerley took his reps and by Friday Tebow went back to tell Ryan that he was willing to do whatever it took to help the team win. Friday's statement would only be necessary if Tebow had refused to do something. There's no real mystery here as to what transpired.

Tebow doesn't strike me as a bigot. He could have easily decided he doesn't want to work under Tannenbaum.

He might not be a bigot but he doesn't have to be. It could be a practical decision. If he's really hell bent-no pun intended-on pushing his agenda, he could have believed working for a new, muslim owner nobody knows yet could keep him from doing that. Kahn could easily have demanded, I don't want your "Christian agenda" on this team. Whereas Rex allows anything to be said to the media. Preach away!

I don't know, I'm just speculating. The question is then, if the Jaguars offered more, and Tebow didn't choose the Jets...why was he traded to the Jets? Elway traded him against his will AND despite a better offer? Why?

If he's really hell bent-no pun intended-on pushing his agenda

Tim Tebow isn't Reggie White. He's done 1 focus on the family commercial and that's it. Where is this active agenda pushing people keep referring to?

I swear some of you just seem to want him to be a 'fingers steepled in malevolent contemplation' level of evil Christian. When he's just ******* not. By all accounts he's a genuine good guy who means it when he bows in the endzone and doesn't do a lot of self-aggrandizing things. He just gets blamed for all of the attention he gets since he's been polarizing fans for a while now.

I'm not going to defend him as a QB, I think he's got something intangible that overrides his obvious mechanical issues. But as a person the people who persist in wanting to paint him as a Pharisee seem to have an agenda that doesn't mesh with reality.

And again - I'm not a Christian.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back