PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Tim Tebow asked out of Wildcat because he was skipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm sick of are these repeated claims of Tebow's strong morals. He professes and evidently really has pious religious beliefs. That's evidence of strong morals only if you happen to share his views; if you don't, it makes him no more moral than Brady, who slept with various women and has been attentive to the child that was the result.

He further is known to be very attentive to make-a-wish kinds of fans. Again, that's a lot like Brady with Best Buddies. It's admirable and much to his moral credit, but that doesn't automatically absolve him of all dubious behavior.

Belichick is also religious and kind to the disadvantaged. Even so, he lies to the press and throws sharp elbows professionally. Quarterbacks aren't innocent of such behavior either.

I've no sympathy for the media circus that accompanies Tebow. He's carefully cultivated his brand since his college days making damn well sure we all know about it.

If Tebow asked to be removed from a package which he should excel in then there is a serious attitude problem. I couldn't believe that I found myself agreeing with Mark Schlereth regarding Tebow's attitude to wanting to be given the opportunity rather than working for it.

Another late season with the Rex Ryan Jets. The Jets were the ones that brought this guy in to grab headlines, held a media day for a backup QB, played along with the media during training camp, and predicted a big role for the guy.

Tebow is not blameless here. He goes out of his way to be sanctimonious. But he does have a right to call "bait and switch" in this situation.

Ironic that he's got those TiVo commercials where the little kid says his mom TiVos all his plays and then plays them back in slowwwwww motion. He should say "So you've had TiVo since I was in Denver?"

This kid is a bad quarterback and a prima donna to boot. All the Tebow fanboys aren't so much football fans as they are nice-guys-who-go-to-church fans.

Hey here's a thought... it's now "cool" in the NFL to make one or another demonstration of your faith in God every time you do something right. Just shift the man-love to RGIII or something.

I mean, he just points to the sky instead of pretending there's an invisible spotlight and striking a pose like this guy...

320px-%22The_Thinker%22_statue_at_Columbia_University_IMG_0936.JPG

...but he's a better athlete than Tebow, a better quarterback than Tebow, and more of a winner than Tebow.

He's also not an insufferable diva, which Tebow is.

This is some Laugh Out Loud kinda funny, boys!!
icon_lol.gif

By the way: What does "Idle Worshiping" mean?
huh.gif

Is that kind of like lazy Christians who don't go to Church on Sunday?
eusa_think.gif

Wayne Chrebet ‏@waynechrebet
TEBOW is the perfect example of the Love Him or Hate Him phrase. Really sucks what Jets did to him but you don't quit on your teammates.

Wayne Chrebet ‏@waynechrebet
TEBOW is the perfect example of the Love Him or Hate Him phrase. Really sucks what Jets did to him but you don't quit on your teammates.

Are we talking about the same teammates who went to the media, publicly trashed him, and talked about how bad he sucks just when it seemed evident he should get a shot? He didn't quit on them. They quit on him first. In fact I would say they never believed in him to begin with, along with the coach. How can you be blamed for quitting after you just got fired and nobody wants you to be a part of their group?

Am I the only one who finds it just a bit convenient that both times the starting QB of the Jets were so terrible the fans were chanting Tebow and Rex passed him over twice, that these stories are coming out, when it proved to be a terrible decision?

Mark stinks, fans want Tebow. Well "anonymous sources" lets everyone know the team thinks he is sorry.

Mark stinks again, Tebow shows up with broken ribs, despite playing the week before, so Rex starts McElroy in the first game Tebow's not active.

Tebow gets passed up, "the next Tom Brady" turns out to be just Greg McElroy and Rex once again looks like he backed the wrong horse...."anonymous sources" begin another Tebow smear campaign.

No agenda here. None whatsoever.:rolleyes:

Sorry, I don't buy it. And it seems to me the Jets are not done using Tebow for his popularity. They have constantly, and at this point, strategically leaked information to the media to divert attention to him, rather than the issues they have and Rex's terrible decisions.

Why do people believe that just because Tebow's religious that it means he should be a martyr for the freaking Jets?

It's a pathetic organization and many coaches, players and ex players have all said the same thing. If I was a player, I wouldn't continue to take their crap either if it's clear it is a freaking detriment to my image, career, playing ability and they feel no moral or professional responsibility, as an organization, to dump it all on me, throw me under the buss just so someone or a number of someones get to cover their own asses. You mean to tell me, Rex doesn't know what he's doing to Tebow's image every time he sits on that podium and refers to him as a "football player"? I mean is there a bigger insult from your head coach if you are trying to be a quarterback? Please...he's a snake.

Are we talking about the same teammates who went to the media, publicly trashed him, and talked about how bad he sucks just when it seemed evident he should get a shot? He didn't quit on them. They quit on him first. In fact I would say they never believed in him to begin with, along with the coach. How can you be blamed for quitting after you just got fired and nobody wants you to be a part of their group?

Am I the only one who finds it just a bit convenient that both times the starting QB of the Jets were so terrible the fans were chanting Tebow and Rex passed him over twice, that these stories are coming out, when it proved to be a terrible decision?

Mark stinks, fans want Tebow. Well "anonymous sources" lets everyone know the team thinks he is sorry.

Mark stinks again, Tebow shows up with broken ribs, despite playing the week before, so Rex starts McElroy in the first game Tebow's not active.

Tebow gets passed up, "the next Tom Brady" turns out to be just Greg McElroy and Rex once again looks like he backed the wrong horse...."anonymous sources" begin another Tebow smear campaign.

Sorry, I don't buy it. And it seems to me the Jets are not done using Tebow for his popularity. They have constantly, and at this point, strategically leaked information to the media to divert attention to him, rather than the issues they have and Rex's terrible decisions.

Why do people believe that just because Tebow's religious that it means he should be a martyr for the freaking Jets?

It's a pathetic organization and many coaches, players and ex players have all said the same thing. If I was a player, I wouldn't continue to take their crap either if it's clear it is a freaking detriment to my image, career, playing ability and they feel no moral or professional responsibility, as an organization, to dump it all on me, throw me under the buss just so someone or a number of someones get to cover their own asses. You mean to tell me, Rex doesn't know what he's doing to Tebow's image every time he sits on that podium and refers to him as a "football player"? I mean is there a bigger insult from your head coach if you are trying to be a quarterback? Please...he's a snake.

You and BHelmet just can't accept that TEBOW is the issue.

His teammates didn't quit on him. Tebow never EARNED the right to be their leader or starter. The FACT is that the vets who slammed Tebow did so in week 14! WEEK 14! Tebow had all off-season, Training Camp, Pre-Season and 14 weeks to show something and he DIDN'T. When will you Tebow Worshippers figure that out.

Oh, since you missed it. Tebow didn't get his chance 3 weeks ago because of a rib injury. That's why they went with McElroy. You can keep up with your BS conspiracy crap, but the fact remains that Tebow just isn't a TEAM player. He wasn't a team player in Florida. He proved he was all about himself with his stupid Anti-Abortion Commercial. He proved he was all about himself in Denver. And that's why they were so willing to ship him off and go with Manning.

People will point to Tebow working out with the UCLA QB coach and say that he's willing to do what it takes, well, I'm sorry, but Tebow's mechanics are worse now than ever. Otherwise, he'd have been able to easily beat out Sanchez for the starting position. So, you'll forgive me if I don't take his word for it.

It's clear to me that Tebow is the issue. Plain and Simple. He came in and expected to be GIVEN the chance instead of earning the chance. He's clearly got an attitude that he deserves respect though he's not earned it.

Tebow is everything that Brady isn't. Brady came in with confidence and EARNED the respect of his teammates and coaches. They saw him putting in the extra time, doing the grunt work, busting his rear end. That's clearly not been seen with Tebow. And, when Brady's chance came, he took it and never looked back. Not with arrogance. With confidence. In himself. In his teammates. That is what leadership is about. Not the crap that Tebow has shown. Tebow isn't a leader. He's a cancer. Plain and Simple.

Well first everyone needs to keep in mind that these are just more "sources".

But even if true, you need to look at the bigger picture. Football players are also working for a living and their value is important. And this team pretty much destroyed that without him really doing anything at all.

He is a quarterback and wants to play quarterback. He was sold a bill of goods. He only agreed to doing everything that was asked of him because he was promised a shot. He fulfilled his end of the bargain. They didn't. Screw the Jets.

If they told him to play the wildcat QB and he refused then he should be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. Tebow was traded, he wasn't signed by the Jets as a FA with a promise to play QB. He can stomp his feet and have a tantrum but it only hurts him and his choir boy image. Either way the next stop is jacksonville and if he fails there then he is done in his quest to be an NFL QB, Canada maybe, but not the NFL.

The bigotry of many of the Tebow critics is hilarious.

He quit on his team. Despite your desperate attempt to blame it on everybody else, he took himself out. I've never seen such a sense of entitlement from a player or the people who side with him.

Ever consider the very real possibility that maybe he just isn't very good and as bad as Sanchez is, Tebow is even worse. What possible reason would they keep Sanchez in if they thought Tebow was better?

BTW, what's a buss? Seems to me that someone who makes three different posts over the misspelling/misuse of a word should try and spell correctly himself.

Everyone associated with the Jets is behaving badly. Love it! Too bad at some point all good things must come to an end.

The Jets aren't worth being a gimmick option for.

They've wasted a year of his career, took a dump on him in every way, and he's on his way out.

He owes them nothing, and I bet he'd be glad to prorate his pay for that last game.

It's a joke franchise, standard rules of conduct do not apply.

What I'm sick of are these repeated claims of Tebow's strong morals. He professes and evidently really has pious religious beliefs. That's evidence of strong morals only if you happen to share his views; if you don't, it makes him no more moral than Brady, who slept with various women and has been attentive to the child that was the result.

He further is known to be very attentive to make-a-wish kinds of fans. Again, that's a lot like Brady with Best Buddies. It's admirable and much to his moral credit, but that doesn't automatically absolve him of all dubious behavior.

Belichick is also religious and kind to the disadvantaged. Even so, he lies to the press and throws sharp elbows professionally. Quarterbacks aren't innocent of such behavior either.

So......Helping cancer kids doesn't make up for being pissed at the Jets?. The anti-Christian bigotry and hate of Tebow's detractors knows no bounds.

So......Helping cancer kids doesn't make up for being pissed at the Jets?. The anti-Christian bigotry and hate of Tebow's detractors knows no bounds.

Reading what is said isn't your strong suit, is it?

There is no "Anti-Christian" bigotry. What there is, though, is plenty of hypocrisy from the Tebow supporters who ignore what Fencer pointed out.

Helping the kids with cancer has no bearing on Tebow being a locker-room cancer. If you look throughout history, you'll find that plenty of mobsters gave money to charities. That didn't absolve them of their crimes... (and no, I am not equating Tebow to a mobster).

I'm not reading all 6 pages of this, because I don't care enough about Tebow to do so. However, I find it awfully convenient that this story leaked out at this particular time....even if its true. Its clear the guy has been lied to and dumped on the entire time he's been with the Jets. They wasted a year of his very limited career. They have shown absolutely no loyalty to to him, I don't see where he owes any to them going out the door.

That's IF this story is true. I haven't seen any corroboration. The only thing we know for certain is that he complained to Rex about being passed over. Who wouldn't? This is one of those hearsay stories that gains a life of its own. In my opinion there is just a good a chance this story is a lie as it is the truth....and it should be treated as such

You and BHelmet just can't accept that TEBOW is the issue.

His teammates didn't quit on him. Tebow never EARNED the right to be their leader or starter. The FACT is that the vets who slammed Tebow did so in week 14! WEEK 14! Tebow had all off-season, Training Camp, Pre-Season and 14 weeks to show something and he DIDN'T. When will you Tebow Worshippers figure that out.

Oh, since you missed it. Tebow didn't get his chance 3 weeks ago because of a rib injury. That's why they went with McElroy. You can keep up with your BS conspiracy crap, but the fact remains that Tebow just isn't a TEAM player. He wasn't a team player in Florida. He proved he was all about himself with his stupid Anti-Abortion Commercial. He proved he was all about himself in Denver. And that's why they were so willing to ship him off and go with Manning.

People will point to Tebow working out with the UCLA QB coach and say that he's willing to do what it takes, well, I'm sorry, but Tebow's mechanics are worse now than ever. Otherwise, he'd have been able to easily beat out Sanchez for the starting position. So, you'll forgive me if I don't take his word for it.

It's clear to me that Tebow is the issue. Plain and Simple. He came in and expected to be GIVEN the chance instead of earning the chance. He's clearly got an attitude that he deserves respect though he's not earned it.

Tebow is everything that Brady isn't. Brady came in with confidence and EARNED the respect of his teammates and coaches. They saw him putting in the extra time, doing the grunt work, busting his rear end. That's clearly not been seen with Tebow. And, when Brady's chance came, he took it and never looked back. Not with arrogance. With confidence. In himself. In his teammates. That is what leadership is about. Not the crap that Tebow has shown. Tebow isn't a leader. He's a cancer. Plain and Simple.

When are you going to figure out Tim Tebow is a spread option quarterback who shouldn't be asked to play in a pro style offense? It's not about being given a chance, and not earning it, it's about being in bad situations that don't allow you to earn it. I guarantee you if Megatron was asked to play punt returner he too would strangle his coach.

And if you want to believe that it was "rib injury" and not the fact the Jets don't have a spread option offense and don't want to go with Tebow in that direction, be my guest. We're all entitled to our speculation, but don't speak it as fact. What is a fact is that Sparano split the Jets offense into Marky's old ****ty ass offense and the Wildcat. Neither one is something Tebow runs. He is a skilled QB in the spread option. He sees all of these other college quarterbacks doing something he knows he can do, yet he's being asked to change who he is, just to get the same opportunity.

And I'm sorry but Tom was asked to play in an offense he could actually succeed in. If Tom was asked to be a back up in a spread option offense he would never see the field. If Bill Belichick kept referring to him as a "football player" which undermines any chance of a quarterback gaining respect from his teammates, he would have never gained their respect.

And if anything like that did happen to Tom, I have no doubt in my mind Tom would give the team and coaching staff the middle finger and go somewhere else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News