PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: surgery for Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a good feeling about him coming back and if he does I think the Pats will let him go.

In absolute shocker the nfln panel thinks this makes the Pats average. Zero mention of the fact that Tom Brady is still the QB.

And we are more stacked at third down back too.

This team is far from done. Hysterics/hysterical posters aside this is the NFL where key injuries happen.

The Patriots still have lots of targets. They will adjust and hone, hopefully, over the next weeks to maximize O potential. If successful they are one of if not the best O in the league.

They will have 5 games to adapt. I hope mitchell get's into a groove with brady.

I wonder if they are going to IR him right away, if they don't IR him they might be thinking their is a chance he can help us in the Super Bowl. If we are fortunate enough to make it.

I wonder if they are going to IR him right away, if they don't IR him they might be thinking their is a chance he can help us in the Super Bowl. If we are fortunate enough to make it.

I still feel good about our chances but this offense won't be into a rhythm as much. Our defense has to step up now.

I feel as if they would have IR'd him today if they were going to...but who knows.

So frustrating..if this guy could stay healthy..lord knows what we could have had or will have. Interested to see his future in NE

Herniated my disk L5-S1 in HS..surgery about 6 months later after my MRI...had surgery. But now it gives me horrible fits. Guy will have a tough go of it in a couple of years...

And we are more stacked at third down back too.

This team is far from done. Hysterics/hysterical posters aside this is the NFL where key injuries happen.

The Patriots still have lots of targets. They will adjust and hone, hopefully, over the next weeks to maximize O potential. If successful they are one of if not the best O in the league.
And every other team is Gronkless too.

In absolute shocker the nfln panel thinks this makes the Pats average. Zero mention of the fact that Tom Brady is still the QB.

Of course. They are probably doing backflips over at 345 Park Ave. **** them forever.

Don't think Gronk doesn't play for us next year unless:

A. He retires, or looks completely done.

Or:

B. Someone offers a sweet deal for him.

We aren't cap strapped next year, it doesn't benefit us much cutting next year him cap wise, and we're still getting him for relatively decent money.

If anything, this also makes a Gronk holdout for money much less likely. He loses his leverage now. He doesn't seem to be the type to mail it in, either. He will have something to prove next year, so he really probably wouldn't find much better pay elsewhere until he shows he's back at his top form.

Bennett has to play like he did a couple of years ago. He has alot of talent to make plays.

Don't think Gronk doesn't play for us next year unless:

A. He retires, or looks completely done.

Or:

B. Someone offers a sweet deal for him.

We aren't cap strapped next year, it doesn't benefit us much cutting next year him cap wise, and we're still getting him for relatively decent money.

If anything, this also makes a Gronk holdout for money much less likely. He loses his leverage now. He doesn't seem to be the type to mail it in, either. He will have something to prove next year, so he really probably wouldn't find much better pay elsewhere until he shows he's back at his top form.

Off course his leverage's gone. He has to bounce back next year and show that he can still play at a high level. Back injuries are very tricky.

I wonder if this is football ready or not? Reminds me of the broken arm and Dr Gill rushing him back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can rush a player back for a Super Bowl game. There's really not much to lose. He would have 9 months to recover for the next game. It's not foolhardy like rushing him back to play the Jets when the season is just now entering the home stretch.

The Super Bowl is the lower risk rush. Less to lose for the team.

Off course his leverage's gone. He has to bounce back next year and show that he can still play at a high level. Back injuries are very tricky.
Which means it's unlikely that he'll be gone due to wanting more money, which was something that I was worried about going into next year.

Not many positives to take out of this, but that's one of the few things.

I'm sure they will IR him. They may wait until after surgery tomorrow just to see the prognosis ....... just in case it's not as bad as everyone thinks. I can't imagine the scenario where he plays in the Superbowl if we get there...even if they clear him for football activity he won't be anywhere near football shape.

some classics from fans today

086.jpg

God damn ****ing madden curse mother ****er the whole god damn season is ruined

The "Madden Curse" hasn't existed for like well over half a decade.. countless players have been on it and had successful seasons

This is just unfortunate

Last edited:
The "Madden Curse" hasn't existed for like well over half a decade.. countless players have been on it and had successfully seasons

This is just unfortunate
Calvin Johnson broke the receiving yards record after he was on the Madden cover.

he will be back for divisional playoffs based on the timeline

its an 8 week recovery time, but from a lot of other stuff ive read they suggest 12+ weeks because you can reinjure it and require an additional surgery (ie what happened to JJ Watt)

If that's true and its really an 8 week recovery, they won't bring him back just for 1 game that he'll be ill-prepared for both mentally and physically and put him at risk of reherniating the disc

I'm mentally treating this as a season ending injury and hope he has a full recovery... Absolutely horrendous news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe