PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Rams going back to L.A., Chargers likely to join them

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW- If I were Dean Spanos, I'd be so pissed right now, my head would be ready to explode. The league just maneuvered him into a deal he doesn't want to be in with a partner he doesn't like or trust. But frankly I don't see he has a choice. All he can do is basically bend over and say thank you and become the junior franchise in LA.

Of course he's in a slightly better position than Mark Davis who was just told to go fu*k himself and then offered chump change for a stadium he can't afford to build.

As to who is the next town looking for a franchise, that's easy. It's the first town that's stupid enough to offer that Billion Dollar stadium

Inglewood is one of the biggest S-holes in the LA area. I suppose they are getting land cheap, so it makes sense, but I really wonder how sustainable this will be. I live about 20 minutes north of LA, but it usually takes an hour to get there on the average day with traffic. Our public transportation is a joke (there's not even a train that goes directly to LAX) and I can see game days getting old really fast when all those people try to funnel in to a city that's not able to handle the traffic on regular work days. Going to be interesting to see this crap show unfold. In the meantime, here's an average Inglewood citizen to welcome in the team:

Chargers fans dearly want their team to stay in San Diego. They bailed this season because they knew ownership had its sights set on L.A.

Considering there's still a shot they can stay, they're not much for fans if they bailed on the season.

Doesn't give Spanos a reason not to move, if you catch my drift.

Raiders will not play in Oakland long term. (A) Niners are 30 miles away in their brand new stadium closer to the $$$ of the Silicon Valley. (B) Political climate in Oakland/Alameda County are not about to give the huge pile of cashto get them to stay. (C) The Oakland Athletics are waiting for the Raider departure to make the current stadium area into a baseball only thing (MLB's version of the NFL's half-asses management).

St Louis may not be without a team for the long term. They are a sports city who have shown support for their team as well as a willingness to spend massive piles of cash to keep a team. Tough for cities to compete with the $$$ in the eyes of owners and the league of the value successful LA teams can bring.

LA, despite past issues, will be a success. The NFL has a strangelhold on media. Buzz comes built in with the NFL. Corporate and wealthier individuals will fill the expensive seats/suites. And once a team gets into the thick of a playoff race? It will be the toast of the media town.

Only good side of this is owners and the league will be footing most of the bill for LA. Seems better than smaller towns kicking in a 1/4 billion for this crowd.

I feel if one team was going to move, it should have been the Rams, but Kroenke is the worst owner in sports. Besides the Rams, he owns the Nuggets in the NBA, Avalanche in the NHL, and Arsenal in the EPL. All franchises havent won squat with him in charge, they've all gotten significantly worse.

The epitome of an owner that doesn't care about results, rather profit.

Feel bad for Rams fans. It's got to suck to lose your team. NFL is a cut throat league in more ways than one.

I feel bad for St Louis because unlike SD or Oakland, Kroenke never gave the city a chance. He was hell bent on moving to LA, to the point he started building the Inglewood sight last year, before it was even approved as the venue, then to top it off, he was asking the tax payers to pay an arm and a leg to build a new stadium in STL, knowing purposely they would never do it. Then he BURIED the city just last week when he claimed they werent suitable to hold an NFL franchise, and pretty much said staying in STL would have crippled him financially, mind you hes worth $8Billion..

Edward Jones Dome could have held up another 5 years. Its in much better condition than that in Oakland or San Diego

That has got to be absolutely devastating to those fan bases... yikes

I pretty much hate every fan base besides ours but I wouldn't wish moving a team on any fan base (well, maybe the Jets but that's never going to happen).

yes...i am probably too conservative...but personally i do not like the shift of the franchises...

expecially the Bolts - imho they should stay in SD...

but i am supportive for ALL the fans that will suffer this eventual move

and i am so happy that we are in a stable position

6 Major league teams in one city I think only NY can support.

If I could decide this issue looking only what change could be made to improve the product on the field I would move the Chargers to LA, really, those games in San Diego have been awful in recent years, I don't remember the last great Chargers game in their own stadium and it looks like they play 16 games on the road, that reflects on the field, too many poor games there, ok that they had many problems in roster management, injuries etc but a SNF or MNF in San Diego is almost a guaranteed ugly game.

Inglewood is one of the biggest S-holes in the LA area. I suppose they are getting land cheap, so it makes sense, but I really wonder how sustainable this will be. I live about 20 minutes north of LA, but it usually takes an hour to get there on the average day with traffic. Our public transportation is a joke (there's not even a train that goes directly to LAX) and I can see game days getting old really fast when all those people try to funnel in to a city that's not able to handle the traffic on regular work days. Going to be interesting to see this crap show unfold. In the meantime, here's an average Inglewood citizen to welcome in the team:

This sucks! I really enjoyed traveling to San Diego to see the Patriots road games.

Tijuana would have been a more desirable spot than Inglewood (come to think of it, with legal sports betting, beachfront property, and reasonably priced hookers, TJ may be the IDEAL spot for a NFL team).

Why not just keep the Rams in St Louis and move the Chargers to LA?

Stupid. Why is there a need for two teams in LA?

....well besides money and greed.
"Los Angeles Chargers" just doesn't sound right/good

I get the feeling the NFL really doesnt want to leave San Diego, but these selfish billionaires just dont want to spot the bill. They're trying to force it on the tax payers.

Considering there's still a shot they can stay, they're not much for fans if they bailed on the season.

Doesn't give Spanos a reason not to move, if you catch my drift.

The best option for him at this point is to sell the franchise and cash out.

That's why the owners maneuvered him into this position. He does not have the deep pockets to play in these waters. The next owners should pony up and build a stadium in San Diego rather than sharing LA. It would be useless for him to share a stadium with the Rams.

If I could decide this issue looking only what change could be made to improve the product on the field I would move the Chargers to LA, really, those games in San Diego have been awful in recent years, I don't remember the last great Chargers game in their own stadium and it looks like they play 16 games on the road, that reflects on the field, too many poor games there, ok that they had many problems in roster management, injuries etc but a SNF or MNF in San Diego is almost a guaranteed ugly game.

Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Mets, Yankees, Devils, Islanders, Rangers.

The LaClassian game was probably their last good crowd game.

i know some people and i have gone back and forth on stuff on this forum with some people...

But i am literally in tears over the news. Thinking about the memories of growing up with the STL Rams. Even went to the big parade downtown and the playoff game vs the Bucs that year in 99. Will never forget how happy my family was...... Even the loss to the Pats, still apart of the history of the STL rams.

I played and won state on the EJD turf. Love this city. It has always gotten crap from everyone else, and that is part of the charm. St. Louis against big rich cities, always the underdog. Screwed over time and time again by everyone.But you still want it to overcome it all...

I will never forgive the NFL for what it has done. I hope they are sued to death, i hope they lose tax exempt status. I want nothing to do with this corrupt league or this owner who cant even begin to understand the word betrayal. It wasnt just that the owner was screwing over STL, the entire league helped him screw over STL except for the Carolina Panthers and Miami owner.

Was fun meeting some of you guys on here. But im done. I cant do this crap anymore. I saw alot of people on here bash Kraft for Deflate gate response. At least you have never had your heart ripped out of your chest for money for some billionaire.

I feel like my entire city was bamboozled by a corrupt process while the NFL fed our leader false hope.
Sorry man that blows. Hope you guys get a chance to have a team again someday.

I've always thought it was weird that Missouri would have two NFL teams. But now California has four.

i know some people and i have gone back and forth on stuff on this forum with some people...

But i am literally in tears over the news. Thinking about the memories of growing up with the STL Rams. Even went to the big parade downtown and the playoff game vs the Bucs that year in 99. Will never forget how happy my family was...... Even the loss to the Pats, still apart of the history of the STL rams.

I played and won state on the EJD turf. Love this city. It has always gotten crap from everyone else, and that is part of the charm. St. Louis against big rich cities, always the underdog. Screwed over time and time again by everyone.But you still want it to overcome it all...

I will never forgive the NFL for what it has done. I hope they are sued to death, i hope they lose tax exempt status. I want nothing to do with this corrupt league or this owner who cant even begin to understand the word betrayal. It wasnt just that the owner was screwing over STL, the entire league helped him screw over STL except for the Carolina Panthers and Miami owner.

Was fun meeting some of you guys on here. But im done. I cant do this crap anymore. I saw alot of people on here bash Kraft for Deflate gate response. At least you have never had your heart ripped out of your chest for money for some billionaire.

I feel like my entire city was bamboozled by a corrupt process while the NFL fed our leader false hope.

Don't worry. They'll be back sooner or later. This idea is sure to fail... just like it has before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe