PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Rams going back to L.A., Chargers likely to join them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it just fail because LA said **** you we aren't paying for your ****? Gotta respect LA if so.

Also why is Oakland hell bent on leaving? They have an awesomely passionate (not awesome in terms of great people just merely in fandom...) fan base.

BTW- If I were Dean Spanos, I'd be so pissed right now, my head would be ready to explode. The league just maneuvered him into a deal he doesn't want to be in with a partner he doesn't like or trust. But frankly I don't see he has a choice. All he can do is basically bend over and say thank you and become the junior franchise in LA.

Of course he's in a slightly better position than Mark Davis who was just told to go fu*k himself and then offered chump change for a stadium he can't afford to build.

As to who is the next town looking for a franchise, that's easy. It's the first town that's stupid enough to offer that Billion Dollar stadium

Why have sympathy for Dean Spanos? His demands for getting a new stadium built in SD were ridiculous. He put himself in this position. As soon as the rumors of LA teams popped up a few years ago his demands got even worse and he used that as a bargaining chip. The city never budged (and they shouldn't have). Tax payers paying for a private business is ******** and should be downright illegal. NFL teams bring nothing but ******** part-time jobs.

Also why is Oakland hell bent on leaving? They have an awesomely passionate (not awesome in terms of great people just merely in fandom...) fan base.

Because the NFL has only offered $100m in assistance in building a new stadium and discussions with Alameda County/City of OAK have gone nowhere.

Financially OAK is near the bottom in almost every area.

31st in valuation
26th in debt-to-value
31st in revenue
27th in net income

Same holds true for STL.

SD is in the bottom 25% as well.

The Rams move kind of makes sense, but I feel for sorry for serious St. Louis fans who now have lost two teams (Cardinals, Rams). There probably will never be another NFL team in that city. Shame on Chargers ownership for not getting a stadium deal done in San Diego.
I just spent 4 days in downtown St Louis and I can understand why the Rams want to leave. What a depressing place.

Because the NFL has only offered $100m in assistance in building a new stadium and discussions with Alameda County/City of OAK have gone nowhere.

Financially OAK is near the bottom in almost every area.

31st in valuation
26th in debt-to-value
31st in revenue
27th in net income

Same holds true for STL.

SD is in the bottom 25% as well.

The reason those teams aren't worth as much isn't because of where they are, it's because all of those teams have put a crappy product (team) on the field for 5-15 years. The best way to raise your team's valuation is to win. Yes there are anomaly markets like the NFC East teams that suck and are still worth a lot. I guess LA could be that way, too but I doubt it. LA is just like SD. Everyone is from somewhere else.

The reason those teams aren't worth as much isn't because of where they are, it's because all of those teams have put a crappy product (team) on the field for 5-15 years. The best way to raise your team's valuation is to win. Yes there are anomaly markets like the NFC East teams that suck and are still worth a lot. I guess LA could be that way, too but I doubt it. LA is just like SD. Everyone is from somewhere else.

I think you are partially right.

If you look at the top 10-15 teams, they are clubs that have a varying combination of....

A) Win or have won recently
B) Good ownership/well funded
C) Do a great job of marketing/branding
D) Are in a big market/TV or have regional reach/control

That's why I'm shocked the NHL thinks Las Vegas is a good idea. Guess they're the ones who did the research but, I see that failing hard.

That's why I'm shocked the NHL thinks Las Vegas is a good idea. Guess they're the ones who did the research but, I see that failing hard.

Gary Bettman with a bad expansion idea? Now I've seen everything.....:rolleyes:

The best option for him at this point is to sell the franchise and cash out.

That's why the owners maneuvered him into this position. He does not have the deep pockets to play in these waters. The next owners should pony up and build a stadium in San Diego rather than sharing LA. It would be useless for him to share a stadium with the Rams.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Just my lowly opinion, but in a perfect world, the Rams would be the only team in LA. Meanwhile, the Chargers stay in San Diego, the Jaguars move to St. Louis and the Raiders move to San Antonio.

At this point in time, St. Louis and San Antonio are the only two cities without an NFL team, that truly deserve one. Jacksonville has no business hosting the Jags and Oakland will forever be the bastard step child in the Bay Area under the 49ers.

Best to move the Raiders to the 7th largest city in the US and a city that's known to feverishly support their team (Spurs). While on the other end, St. Louis gets back an NFL team as well as an owner who once tried to buy the Rams and still to this day talks about how disappointed he was to not get them.

i know some people and i have gone back and forth on stuff on this forum with some people...

But i am literally in tears over the news. Thinking about the memories of growing up with the STL Rams. Even went to the big parade downtown and the playoff game vs the Bucs that year in 99. Will never forget how happy my family was...... Even the loss to the Pats, still apart of the history of the STL rams.

I played and won state on the EJD turf. Love this city. It has always gotten crap from everyone else, and that is part of the charm. St. Louis against big rich cities, always the underdog. Screwed over time and time again by everyone.But you still want it to overcome it all...

I will never forgive the NFL for what it has done. I hope they are sued to death, i hope they lose tax exempt status. I want nothing to do with this corrupt league or this owner who cant even begin to understand the word betrayal. It wasnt just that the owner was screwing over STL, the entire league helped him screw over STL except for the Carolina Panthers and Miami owner.

Was fun meeting some of you guys on here. But im done. I cant do this crap anymore. I saw alot of people on here bash Kraft for Deflate gate response. At least you have never had your heart ripped out of your chest for money for some billionaire.

I feel like my entire city was bamboozled by a corrupt process while the NFL fed our leader false hope.

Cheer up, LARAMBRINGER.

What's weird about Vegas is that the population there is really big into hockey. Youth and adult hockey is huge there.

Source: When I used to live in San Diego I spent way too much time in Las Vegas.

What's weird about Vegas is that the population there is really big into hockey. Youth and adult hockey is huge there.

Source: When I used to live in San Diego I spent way too much time in Las Vegas.
Are they raised in Vegas though? I'd think it would be similar to Atlanta where everyone is from all over.

Remember, folks, Kroenke is one of the full 32 that Kraft sided with against his own team and QB.
Is Kroenke in on the top secret Inglorious Basterds scheme to dump Goodell?

Are they raised in Vegas though? I'd think it would be similar to Atlanta where everyone is from all over.

Yeah that's probably the same problem.

What could go wrong? They've shown they can support two teams in the past. LA fans are diehards.

La doesn't have two teams though, they have a **** ton.

Dodgers, Angels, Clippers, Lakers, Two NFL teams, A hockey team.

They are going to have so many sporting events going on at once that it will be hard for any of them to sell out at current prices.

Add to that the fact that the rams are just not a great team, people are not going to pay to see a sub 500 team.

Friend from St. Louis crushed by this news, though I think he's also a little happy it gives him the excuse to walk away from that dumpster fire of a team. I think there was a pretty solid cadre of Patriots fans who would have been similarly secretly happy when they almost moved to St. Louis back in 1992. That worked out, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe