PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Pats interested in Umenyiora (merged many times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Report: Pats interested in Umenyiora, price now down to 2nd rounder

The raiders will stink this year.I expect that second round pick to be in the 30s.

Re: Osi no longer to seek trade

The giants will move him.This just makes him even more mad.The giants are dumb not to take a second rounder.If he was 27 years old then they might get a 1st round pick but he is not.

I agree, regardless of WHO they move him to, I don't see him in a Giants uniform this season. Especially if this report is correct and the Giants just changed their minds.

I suppose it is possible they took the offer away to open a dialogue with him, but the wording makes that seem unlikely to me.

I find this drama funny. It is always on its toes pivoting side to side

what kind of cut fake out is next?

Well, atleast all of these "Osi" threads can go away and I can stop clicking refresh to see whats the lastest on this crap. :D

The ravens's second round pick wouldnt be as good as the pats second round pick.The pats have oakland's draft pick.

he's practicing?

then what the hell is his problem?

he should just shut up, play , and get rewarded, like normal players do

He's practicing because they lose 30k a day now if they don't. It doesn't mean he's happy. He has 2 years left on his deal, when he'll be nearly 32. If he doesn't get his big money now he probably won't get it.

He apparently thinks he should already have been rewarded and that they broke a promise to him. If the Giants were looking to 'reward' him, I doubt they'd be letting him seek a trade partner.

I want this guy on this team.If Haynesworth is gonna be the old beast then this would just free this guy up even more.

Good. Sign Brock. Sign Roth. Move on and get ready for the season.

adam schefter says that the price is still a 1..not a 2nd.

adam schefter says that the price is still a 1..not a 2nd.

I thought they closed the trade talk? Giants rescinded right?

Re: 98.5 Source...Osi to Jets?

The Pats are Not going to trade for OU. How many times in the past has this board run rampant with speculation of picking up a player in the draft or FA only to see said player drafted or signed by someone else. And while many here see a player as a good fit the Team doesn't. When the pats pick up a player its usually a surprise like Fat Albert or Oco was.

Albert was a surprise, but Ochocinco wasn't. I've said for weeks leading up to that move that Ochocinco made a lot of sense for the Pats. Ocho respects BB and his skillset lends itself to this offense. I think the main thing holding back an Osi deal right now is cap room. If we get a couple of players extended, Mankins in particular then BB might go after Osi if he hasn't been traded yet.

The Giants appear to have done to Osi what we tried to do to Branch. Only by giving him a firm trade price and his being unable to find it they are now clear of say the Commissioner forcing them to trade him. No one can talk to him or his agent any longer. Must to through the Giants FO who can decline any offer they choose to. They seem to want to retain him. Perhaps they plan to make him a compromise offer on a short term extension with some bonus money to soothe his upset...

The Giants appear to have done to Osi what we tried to do to Branch. Only by giving him a firm trade price and his being unable to find it they are now clear of say the Commissioner forcing them to trade him. No one can talk to him or his agent any longer. Must to through the Giants FO who can decline any offer they choose to. They seem to want to retain him. Perhaps they plan to make him a compromise offer on a short term extension with some bonus money to soothe his upset...

they may want him to return but after the way this is going down, its doubtful IMO.

they may want him to return but after the way this is going down, its doubtful IMO.

He has no options. He reported to avoid a holdout penalty of $30K per day and the loss of a year of credited service if he held out past early August. Now if he walks out or tries to fake injury they can suspend him and even go after some of his signing bonus.

end thread

Try:

iphone4 + Twitter + Schefter + Lombardi + Rapaport + Smy + reiss + Bedard + Clayton + Price = already knowing everything, and just coming here for the reactions.

I love how the twitter apps on the iphone streams the tweets.

Sorry off topic but what twitter app are you using? I also think that we should also have a list of people that are worthwhile folloing on twitter for the most accurate news and updates about the Pats or football in general. :rocker:

Onto Brock and Roth now...

This is not over.No way they go into the season with Osi.They are bluffing.

This is not over.No way they go into the season with Osi.They are bluffing.

all a team has to do now is present a trade offer to the giants, that the giants are ok with

then it's back on like donkey kong, yep lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back