number of injuries resulting in missed games, junior year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, senior year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 1st year in the NFL: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 2nd year in the NFL: 1
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 3rd year in the NFL: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 4th year in the NFL: 1

number of injuries resulting in missed games, 5th year in the NFL: TBD

1186853_433476736773065_1767488391_n.jpg

We already know this. We also already know that amounts to 20 games missed in the past 2 seasons, which is the the important (and missing) stat. And possibly 1 more miss upcoming.

only among those who post on message boards

That dislocated arm is really giving him a bad name because of the games missed. Too bad the IR return rule wasn't in effect in 2011.

You're pretty delusional if you think he isn't. just because a player can't stay healthy in the NFL it in no way means they aren't tough, they just can't stay healthy enough in an incredibly violent sport to stay on the field. You go right ahead and go to camp next season and call any of these guys a *****, i would pay to watch it. Any fan who thinks they are tougher than the guys who play this game is a ******, plain and simple.

They should have Tough Guy Fan Appreciation Day, where you guys can catch a slant from Brady and a LB and DB can lay you out at full speed, then you can all tell us just how easy it is and how tough you are, until then you should really shut your piehole about the "****ies" who play in the NFL.

Worst post ever. Nobody is saying he's not tough as nails. When a player is labeled fragile by fans it is a hyperbole and a COMPARISON TO OTHER PLAYERS not a comparison to the average fatass fan. And you damn well know it-- all of you know it! But you try to use these tactics to divert from the fact the guy has missed more games than he's played in the past 2 years and that he's about to miss another as if somehow because he's tough it means there's nothing to worry about.

If your most productive players can consistently not complete a season it IS A PROBLEM. All football teams are aware of this- it's part of the reason this particular player is even here now.

It doesn't matter that he's nice, charitable, tough, a Patriot, a good guy, etc. It just means we need more depth at that position to have an expectation of a championship type season. And all the diversion, wishful thinking, and general blockheadedness going on in this thread isn't going to change that.

It is not being a "nay-sayer," a "Nancy Negative," or a "Troll" to recognize reality. And we most certainly don't need to go internet tough guy on each other over it.

This thread is infuriating on so many levels it's not even funny.

Worst post ever. Nobody is saying he's not tough as nails. When a player is labeled fragile by fans it is a hyperbole and a COMPARISON TO OTHER PLAYERS not a comparison to the average fatass fan. And you damn well know it-- all of you know it! But you try to use these tactics to divert from the fact the guy has missed more games than he's played in the past 2 years and that he's about to miss another as if somehow because he's tough it means there's nothing to worry about.

If your most productive players can consistently not complete a season it IS A PROBLEM. All football teams are aware of this- it's part of the reason this particular player is even here now.

It doesn't matter that he's nice, charitable, tough, a Patriot, a good guy, etc. It just means we need more depth at that position to have an expectation of a championship type season. And all the diversion, wishful thinking, and general blockheadedness going on in this thread isn't going to change that.

It is not being a "nay-sayer," a "Nancy Negative," or a "Troll" to recognize reality. And we most certainly don't need to go internet tough guy on each other over it.

This thread is infuriating on so many levels it's not even funny.

I expect that Ivan was responding to this:

you're pretty delusional so I'm assuming you thought Ras IR Dowling was a tough guy.

from this very thread (so there goes your thesis about "nobody is saying...").

I expect that Ivan was responding to this:

from this very thread (so there goes your thesis about "nobody is saying...").

My thesis is fine, thanks. I think we should all be rubbing some brain cells together knowing these statements are comparative. The average NFL player is mind-numbingly, obviously, a better athlete, physically tougher individual, etc. than the average person. I haven't seen evidence of anybody suggesting otherwise. When I do, I'll be just as irritated by the failure to accept reality on that side of the fence too.

These are the same people that say things like, "Well, I guess you know better than BB, then" when someone has the cajones to point out a rotten draft pick. I don't think anyone on here would suggest they are a better coach or GM than BB. I think they would suggest that sometimes things are obvious to everyone else on planet earth, but that kind thing happens even to people at the top of their profession. Nobody is perfect.

It should be absolutely okay for us to employ our brains and think for ourselves, but there is a contingent of people that rise up against that at every available instance to create diversionary arguments about semantics or insist on invalidating other people's views through intentional misinterpretation. And before you know it you end up with someone being maligned because they dare to have an opinion without being on an NFL staff, despite the fact they have every right to an opinion as a fan and as a human being.

number of injuries resulting in missed games, freshman year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, sophomore year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, junior year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, senior year in college: 0

number of injuries resulting in missed games, 5th year in the NFL: TBD

Its semantics a little by including college you skew the number and by noting TBD in his 5th year you skew the number.

This looks much worse then what you posted

number of injuries resulting in missed games, 5th year in the NFL: 1 (assuming he is not playing Thurs)

the guy now has missed games in 3 out 5 years in the NFL and some of them were for significant lengths of time.

Here is the thing he is a hell of a receiver and hopefully this particular injury only keeps him out one or two games because we need him. I fully agree that there was a section of this board that was basically waiting for this to happen so they could scream told you so and so they could seem smarter than the front office because they would have kept Wekler instead of DA and that this section of the board is very annoying right now but it doesnt change the fact that the guy is injury prone. Again lets just hope this one is short lived because we need him.

I have no problem with the team moving on from Wes.

And I have no problem with the team taking a chance on a guy with injury history as it is the reason we get him at a good price or even at all as sans injuries he would probably still be a Ram.

I do have a problem with every idiot on the board linking the two together and constantly harping on the decisions. Just because DA is hurt doesnt make it the wrong move yet. Lets compare the next 5 years of DA to the next 2 of Wes when they are done.

Bill, you're a great coach. But you messed up royally by letting Welker walk away and become a member of the team which is probably our top rival for the AFC Championship this year.

When are we going to cut that brittle, made of glass, injury prone Gronkowski?

I think Danny will suit up. He got a couple days of, time to suit up and quiet that haters.

Its semantics a little by including college you skew the number and by noting TBD in his 5th year you skew the number.

But the people ripping on BB for drafting Ras-I Dowling insisted that he was glass in high school, glass in college, and thus with 100% confidence was destined to be glass in the NFL.

I guess they were right, so I was judging DA in the same light.

I don't think we should. I don't think we should cut Amendola either. Once again, I don't think there's been any suggestion of that from anyone. This is the exact kind of thing I'm talking about. A "Modest Proposal" is an excellent way to make a point when appropriate. It seems off target here. This is just more intentional misdirection from the issues this team has that we, as fans, hope they can work through. And intentional misinterpretation of the point trying to be made by some on this board.

I do think we need more depth at those positions than we have. That's the concern.

That said, a couple of people could step up and it suddenly be a tight ship again. We shall see.

I'm going to try to refrain from posting in this thread further. It feels like we're all having to just repeat ourselves or just make "look there's a duck" posts like yours, which probably doesn't create good discussion nor good feelings towards one another.

This looks much worse then what you posted

number of injuries resulting in missed games, 5th year in the NFL: 1 (assuming he is not playing Thurs)

the guy now has missed games in 3 out 5 years in the NFL and some of them were for significant lengths of time.

Here is the thing he is a hell of a receiver and hopefully this particular injury only keeps him out one or two games because we need him. I fully agree that there was a section of this board that was basically waiting for this to happen so they could scream told you so and so they could seem smarter than the front office because they would have kept Wekler instead of DA and that this section of the board is very annoying right now but it doesnt change the fact that the guy is injury prone. Again lets just hope this one is short lived because we need him.

I have no problem with the team moving on from Wes.

And I have no problem with the team taking a chance on a guy with injury history as it is the reason we get him at a good price or even at all as sans injuries he would probably still be a Ram.

I do have a problem with every idiot on the board linking the two together and constantly harping on the decisions. Just because DA is hurt doesnt make it the wrong move yet. Lets compare the next 5 years of DA to the next 2 of Wes when they are done.

Great post!!

The way people are posting about Amendola one would think he was placed on IR....I havent seen anything that would indicate that he wouldnt have played if it was a normal week of rest versus 3 days...

It sucks for this game, but recovery time for a grade 2 sprain is 2-3 weeks generally..lets get him 2 weeks of rest and hopefully he's fine for Tampa bay after getting 2 weeks of treatment/rest for it...versus having him push it on 3 days and further injure it

I know you're being sarcastic, but it's a horrible analogy. Gronkowski has missed 5 games in 3 years. Coming into this season, Amendola has missed 22 games in 4 years.

problem is there are a few reports that even this much rest before the TB game won't be enough...at long as he is back for the bengals/ATL game...those will be tough...

problem is there are a few reports that even this much rest before the TB game won't be enough...at long as he is back for the bengals/ATL game...those will be tough...

where did you see those reports?

I know you're being sarcastic, but it's a horrible analogy. Gronkowski has missed 5 games in 3 years. Coming into this season, Amendola has missed 22 games in 4 years.

It's actually a great analogy, when you consider that gronk's injuries have contributed to the patriots losing in the playoffs.

Danny getting injured now is no big deal if he can be 98% in the playoffs.....unlike gronk.

Ummm.. no.

Gronk's missed 1 game this year, and it's about to be 2.

He missed 5 regular season games last year, plus the 2 playoff games vs Houston and Baltimore. I'm not sure why you're ignoring those, they are the most important games of the year.

Then there's the Super Bowl, where he played but was completely useless. A case could be made that he hurt the team by trying to play when it was clear he could not go.

So yeah, it's not a horrible analogy at all.

Well that makes every thing more interesting. All are WR's are going to half to step it up this week.

Pats will beat the Jets and Bucs easily. Bucs could be headed for 2-14 they just lost to the Jests for Petes sake and they don't have a quarterback.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back