PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Danny amendola ‘almost certain’ to miss jets game

Well that makes every thing more interesting. All are WR's are going to half to step it up this week.

No doubt. There's more than one way to skin a cat, so hopefully our running game and defense can carry the burden too.

I think we see a better game from K.Thompkins though, as they'll have to continue to target him in a trial by fire method.

As far as Amendola's injury, I totally agree with giving him rest on a shortened week. With this kind of ailment, 2 games in a four day span may be way too much to deal with--especially when we're dealing with a potentially nagging type of injury.

Allowing him 2 weeks between games is definitely a must in this situation (IMO). Its hard to have to deal with if you're rooting for DA, but it's the best choice under the circumstances. If it were a regular week, there's a better chance that we'd have seen him, at least one would think.

No doubt. There's more than one way to skin a cat, so hopefully our running game and defense can carry the burden too.

I think we see a better game from K.Thompkins though, as they'll have to continue to target him in a trial by fire method.

Agreed. Without Amendola and Vereen this passing game could struggle to get 200 yards. But don't overlook STs. Ghost was super last week and Edelman and Washington should get opportunities.

As far as Amendola's injury, I totally agree with giving him rest on a shortened week. With this kind of ailment, 2 games in a four day span may be way too much to deal with--especially when we're dealing with a potentially nagging type of injury.

Allowing him 2 weeks between games is definitely a must in this situation (IMO). Its hard to have to deal with if you're rooting for DA, but it's the best choice under the circumstances. If it were a regular week, there's a better chance that we'd have seen him, at least one would think.

i agree its going to come down to our running game and our rookies. I rally hope Thompkins has a good game it would be nice to see him in the endzone.

My thesis is fine, thanks. I think we should all be rubbing some brain cells together knowing these statements are comparative. The average NFL player is mind-numbingly, obviously, a better athlete, physically tougher individual, etc. than the average person. I haven't seen evidence of anybody suggesting otherwise. When I do, I'll be just as irritated by the failure to accept reality on that side of the fence too.

These are the same people that say things like, "Well, I guess you know better than BB, then" when someone has the cajones to point out a rotten draft pick. I don't think anyone on here would suggest they are a better coach or GM than BB. I think they would suggest that sometimes things are obvious to everyone else on planet earth, but that kind thing happens even to people at the top of their profession. Nobody is perfect.

It should be absolutely okay for us to employ our brains and think for ourselves, but there is a contingent of people that rise up against that at every available instance to create diversionary arguments about semantics or insist on invalidating other people's views through intentional misinterpretation. And before you know it you end up with someone being maligned because they dare to have an opinion without being on an NFL staff, despite the fact they have every right to an opinion as a fan and as a human being.

Half the reason athletes and other entertainers get paid is because they give people a reason to complain. Some people take their entertainment with hope and joy, and some take it by playing grumpy cat on the internet. That's not a value judgment, just an observation. And so we have the disconnect you just pointed out.

That said, the dripping victimhood there is kind of pathetic. I find that the grumpy cats can give it as well as the homers, lol. And THERE IS NOTHING on the internet resembling "cajones" - internet spine is internet spine. That's like saying you have cajones to scream into a ravine and stay around for the echoes.

Count me as a homer. I grew up saying "Wait till next year!" with the Sox and getting all excited if the Pats started out 3-2! The way I look at it, THIS Patriots team and ownership owes me nothing at this point, so I'm just excited to see if BB and TB can mold another powerhouse in the face of incredible adversity.

I find it exhilarating, honestly. In year's (recently) past, when teams like the Jets came to town, I was on the edge of my seat, because HOW COULD WE LOSE TO THEM? OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!! We just looked like the automatic boys, and unstoppable machine, and any hiccup was unacceptable...I didn't even go to a few games because I couldn't stomach the thought of the drive home if they managed to lose to a team like that.

I'm going tomorrow. Win or lose, I'm going to have a blast. This year's team is a work in progress. Will they get there in time? Hell if I know, but were I a betting man, they'll be in the playoffs is my bet...and my other bet is that they'll be better defensively and less predictable offensively in said playoffs...

And when one or more of Thompkins, Dobson or Boyce rises to become a great or very good #1 - a Branch or a Givens, at least - I'll be glad I was there to see the beginning of it.

My thesis is fine, thanks. I think we should all be rubbing some brain cells together knowing these statements are comparative. The average NFL player is mind-numbingly, obviously, a better athlete, physically tougher individual, etc. than the average person. I haven't seen evidence of anybody suggesting otherwise. When I do, I'll be just as irritated by the failure to accept reality on that side of the fence too.

These are the same people that say things like, "Well, I guess you know better than BB, then" when someone has the cajones to point out a rotten draft pick. I don't think anyone on here would suggest they are a better coach or GM than BB. I think they would suggest that sometimes things are obvious to everyone else on planet earth, but that kind thing happens even to people at the top of their profession. Nobody is perfect.

It should be absolutely okay for us to employ our brains and think for ourselves, but there is a contingent of people that rise up against that at every available instance to create diversionary arguments about semantics or insist on invalidating other people's views through intentional misinterpretation. And before you know it you end up with someone being maligned because they dare to have an opinion without being on an NFL staff, despite the fact they have every right to an opinion as a fan and as a human being.

Apparently you consider routinely calling NFL players sissies and ****ies and claiming that they can draft better than Belichick "using our heads." because that's the kind of thing that I was referring to, and i stand by it. I have no problem with people expressing concerns with decisions Belichick makes and do it myself, where they cross the line is when they start talking about what a failure he is and how they could do better, and believe it or not there are people in this forum who do just that. Same goes for discussing player injuries and availability, I have no problem with people expressing concerns about the durability and availability of Amendola or Edelman etc etc... what I do take issue with is the internet idiots who call them ****ies, say they are made of glass etc.. etc... imo those people show absolutely no grasp of reality and are simply talking crap to talk crap. you can applaud them all you like, i think they are morons.

Well that makes every thing more interesting. All are WR's are going to half to step it up this week.

I have no use for a half step, so I'm hoping they fully step it up this week.

I know you're being sarcastic, but it's a horrible analogy. Gronkowski has missed 5 games in 3 years. Coming into this season, Amendola has missed 22 games in 4 years.

Gronk has had injuries in all but one year of his career. Citing regular season games missed because it is a bigger number to help your point is being intellectually dishonest.

I don't think a high ankle sprain + a broken arm + infections = injury prone but the same standards need to be applied to everyone.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back