PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Danny amendola ‘almost certain’ to miss jets game

Someone should run the numbers.

Welker had a season-ending injury at the end of the year.

Amendola had his at the beginning.

If Welker had missed 16 actual games from his "season-ending" how much closer does that bring them in time lost due to injury?

I think someone here did run the numbers once and found them to be pretty similar.

Why waste time and effort hating on Patriots players when you could waste that time and effort hating on other teams' players?

I don't get why you have to hate on the Patriots.

Calling a player fragile isn't "hating on the patriots"

you're pretty delusional so I'm assuming you thought Ras IR Dowling was a tough guy.

Yes. Stupidity (and ignorence) calling a player "fragile" that came back in the game and was the main reason we came away with a W. Fragile, constantly injured players made of glass don't do that.

Oh the irony. So he wasn't constantly injured with St. Louis? I'd love for you to explain how he wasn't. He didn't want to have to listen to the media bash him for missing game one.

Why waste time and effort hating on Patriots players when you could waste that time and effort hating on other teams' players?

I don't get why you have to hate on the Patriots.

We're not hating on the Pats.

I, for one, am GLAD Amendola is on this team. I think he's a great addition. He already proved his value last week. Stand-up guy, tough as nails, great hands.

The problem is that a lot of us (apparently correctly) noted that he would be missing games. Maybe even a significant amount. So as good as he is, a strategy that involves him being the biggest contributor is probably flawed. Recognition over this fact is what we've been arguing about since the offseason, particularly since the receiver he perceptibly replaced only missed an average of .5games/year. It's VERY frustrating for the armchair GM in all of us. (And you can criticize that as much as you like, but just because we're not experts doesn't mean we're wrong. I am not a math expert, for example, but can correctly perform basic mathematics.)

This team is so very close to being a Superbowl winner now and the past few seasons. But our offense has always been just short of a key player, we've always had 1 of our 2 AllStar TEs injured, and our defense has always been weak in the secondary. (With little pass rush to boot.) Our Brady days are dwindling and we'd all like to see one more big Superbowl win before he's done. We probably won't get that with the way risk/reward is being managed on our roster.

That's reason enough for anxiety/anger/frustration. It's because we love the team, not because we hate it.

I understand the dude is tough as nails.

The guy has missed a ton of games, left that game for a bit, and is missing this one. What part of that doesn't sound like a "constantly injured" player to you? How much do you have to miss for it to be constant? Is it not constant already? Where is your line for this? Please quantify it so we can all know when you're on the same page.

Look, I hope people are right and this is the last hiccup in an otherwise injury-free career. But for RIGHT NOW, yours does not remotely sound like the better argument. It doesn't even sound like it's based on anything other than liking the guy, which is admirable, but does not a logical foundation make. Common sense has to come into play at some point. If the dude misses a ton of games, he is "constantly injured." If the sample size increases and that percentage starts looking better, then it's fair to revisit if it's still true.

My problem isnt the constant injured talk. He has missed a good chunk of games past 2 years. My problem with the soft, fragile, made of glass talk. Anyone who's said that, clearly only started paying atention to the player since March. Dislocsting an elbow or clavical aren't "soft" injuries.

Groin pulls suck. Any rational person watching the game sunday knew he probably wouldn't play on a short week thursday, but butt hurt Welker fans still want to chime in. That's just bandwagon fan like. Esp. When Vereen picked up an injury and played thru it sunday, now on IR...where's the stink with Vereen? He's missed plenty of time with injuries before. ..but there's no noise their.

My problem isnt the constant injured talk. He has missed a good chunk of games past 2 years. My problem with the soft, fragile, made of glass talk. Anyone who's said that, clearly only started paying atention to the player since March. Dislocsting an elbow or clavical aren't "soft" injuries.

Groin pulls suck. Any rational person watching the game sunday knew he probably wouldn't play on a short week thursday, but butt hurt Welker fans still want to chime in. That's just bandwagon fan like. Esp. When Vereen picked up an injury and played thru it sunday, now on IR...where's the stink with Vereen? He's missed plenty of time with injuries before. ..but there's no noise their.

Especially because RB isn't a tough position, so how could he have been injured!

Please. There's been plenty of noise about Vereen being injured in the past. It just doesn't get as much press on this board right now because there are veterans that we know can handle the position backing him up. But the team decided to go with a bunch of rookies at a position on the team that, given the complexity of the offense, is the hardest to pick up. Brady touched on that himself in his postgame presser and Curran wrote a pretty nice article about it following the game. The team, after having stocked the position with rookies, was relying on Edelman and Amendola to pick up the slack. Amendola has a history of getting injured, so his aggravating that groin injury is understandably getting more press on this board. It's also getting more flak given who is behind him and way that the best rookie WR in the preseason looked in his first real NFL action. All this is on top of who the team let ride off into Denver to help light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine.

It's better to be playable injury prone than to always get injured during the playoffs like gronk.

When gronk gets hurt, it's never probable or questionable he plays the next game.

Amendola has a history of getting injured

Ok, time for the "Amendola is injury-prone/glass" people to put up or shut up.

How about giving us a list of every single injury Amendola has had so we can compare the history to other players. Clearly you must have access to it if you're so sure he's so fragile and you're not just repeating what other people have repeated about what other people have repeated about what some mediot said once.

We're not hating on the Pats.

I, for one, am GLAD Amendola is on this team. I think he's a great addition. He already proved his value last week. Stand-up guy, tough as nails, great hands.

The problem is that a lot of us (apparently correctly) noted that he would be missing games. Maybe even a significant amount. So as good as he is, a strategy that involves him being the biggest contributor is probably flawed. Recognition over this fact is what we've been arguing about since the offseason, particularly since the receiver he perceptibly replaced only missed an average of .5games/year. It's VERY frustrating for the armchair GM in all of us. (And you can criticize that as much as you like, but just because we're not experts doesn't mean we're wrong. I am not a math expert, for example, but can correctly perform basic mathematics.)

This team is so very close to being a Superbowl winner now and the past few seasons. But our offense has always been just short of a key player, we've always had 1 of our 2 AllStar TEs injured, and our defense has always been weak in the secondary. (With little pass rush to boot.) Our Brady days are dwindling and we'd all like to see one more big Superbowl win before he's done. We probably won't get that with the way risk/reward is being managed on our roster.

That's reason enough for anxiety/anger/frustration. It's because we love the team, not because we hate it.

I'm glad you noticed, most of the Hater-Fans never do, while they pursue their pre-concieved favorite criticism, to bring the Team or coach down.

Then blame it on Goodell for stealing a First Round draft pick back in 2008. One more star pick might be the difference. Yeah Sure.

This BS is just getting out of hand.

Ok, time for the "Amendola is injury-prone/glass" people to put up or shut up.

How about giving us a list of every single injury Amendola has had so we can compare the history to other players. Clearly you must have access to it if you're so sure he's so fragile and you're not just repeating what other people have repeated about what other people have repeated about what some mediot said once.

KFFL.com has his injury history. Give it a look, post three other players that have a similar or more extensive injury history, and I'll show you three players that are prone to getting injured.

Please. There's been plenty of noise about Vereen being injured in the past. It just doesn't get as much press on this board right now because there are veterans that we know can handle the position backing him up. But the team decided to go with a bunch of rookies at a position on the team that, given the complexity of the offense, is the hardest to pick up. Brady touched on that himself in his postgame presser and Curran wrote a pretty nice article about it following the game. The team, after having stocked the position with rookies, was relying on Edelman and Amendola to pick up the slack. Amendola has a history of getting injured, so his aggravating that groin injury is understandably getting more press on this board. It's also getting more flak given who is behind him and way that the best rookie WR in the preseason looked in his first real NFL action. All this is on top of who the team let ride off into Denver to help light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine.

Ok this is the last I'm gonna post about this. Tomm starts week 2. Lets wait until atleast week 8 to determine your thoughts on Amendola. Long season ahead my friend to have a daily discussion about this.

There are many more injuries at the RB position. We have three injured running backs, even now. This is the reason for carrying extra running backs. We really only need 2-3 for Game Day. We only play one RB at a time; so why do we need FIVE? The answer is that running backs are much more likely to be injured that any others on offense, or perhaps even more than any position (DL for the defense).

And slot receiver isn't?

Calling a player fragile isn't "hating on the patriots"

you're pretty delusional so I'm assuming you thought Ras IR Dowling was a tough guy.

You're pretty delusional if you think he isn't. just because a player can't stay healthy in the NFL it in no way means they aren't tough, they just can't stay healthy enough in an incredibly violent sport to stay on the field. You go right ahead and go to camp next season and call any of these guys a *****, i would pay to watch it. Any fan who thinks they are tougher than the guys who play this game is a ******, plain and simple.

They should have Tough Guy Fan Appreciation Day, where you guys can catch a slant from Brady and a LB and DB can lay you out at full speed, then you can all tell us just how easy it is and how tough you are, until then you should really shut your piehole about the "****ies" who play in the NFL.

Ok this is the last I'm gonna post about this. Tomm starts week 2. Lets wait until atleast week 8 to determine your thoughts on Amendola. Long season ahead my friend to have a daily discussion about this.

If he is playing at a high level late in the season I will be happy. It's better for the team. But to argue against the guy's injury history when there is clearly one is ridiculous. The guy has been injured and has now missed games in each of the last three seasons if he's out for tomorrow night's game.

You're pretty delusional if you think he isn't. just because a player can't stay healthy in the NFL it in no way means they aren't tough, they just can't stay healthy enough in an incredibly violent sport to stay on the field. You go right ahead and go to camp next season and call any of these guys a *****, i would pay to watch it. Any fan who thinks they are tougher than the guys who play this game is a ******, plain and simple.

They should have Tough Guy Fan Appreciation Day, where you guys can catch a slant from Brady and a LB and DB can lay you out at full speed, then you can all tell us just how easy it is and how tough you are, until then you should really shut your piehole about the "****ies" who play in the NFL.

Did he ever call him not tough? You can be both fragile and tough, which Amendola is.

number of injuries resulting in missed games, freshman year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, sophomore year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, junior year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, senior year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 1st year in the NFL: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 2nd year in the NFL: 1
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 3rd year in the NFL: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 4th year in the NFL: 1

number of injuries resulting in missed games, 5th year in the NFL: TBD

number of injuries resulting in missed games, freshman year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, sophomore year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, junior year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, senior year in college: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 1st year in the NFL: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 2nd year in the NFL: 1
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 3rd year in the NFL: 0
number of injuries resulting in missed games, 4th year in the NFL: 1

number of injuries resulting in missed games, 5th year in the NFL: TBD

That dislocated arm is really giving him a bad name because of the games missed. Too bad the IR return rule wasn't in effect in 2011.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back