Reminders for Posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Patriots Salary Cap Guru
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
1.) We should not be posting Insider material on this board.
2.) Players' families lurk on this board.

I understand why you mentioned the insider material, but I don't understand the players family thing?

I get the concern about copyright but I don't understand how insider counts, when all they do is go to the local papers and pluck info and post it on a site that charges a fee. The majority of the info there is not ESPN's own journalism, to me they are a glorified KFFL. Just my 2 cents.

mgcolby said:
I understand why you mentioned the insider material, but I don't understand the players family thing?

I get the concern about copyright but I don't understand how insider counts, when all they do is go to the local papers and pluck info and post it on a site that charges a fee. The majority of the info there is not ESPN's own journalism, to me they are a glorified KFFL. Just my 2 cents.

damn the man! the internet is a souce of info and when I once did suscribe to Insider, I never saw anything telling me I couldnt share this information elsewhere.... although who really does read that long scroll down disclaimer jibberish!

Miguel said:

Thanks for the heads up and congrats on your 2,000th post (in the board's current format). May you continue to enlighten the rest of us on the complete mystery that is the salary cap.

Congrats Miguel...2K GREAT!! 2000 posts of concern adn knowledge...My question is what prompted the words about player's families??? Just wonder..or did I miss an unfortunate/misguided post??

Miguel....a man of mystery.....

mgcolby said:

quote]</p> I assume he just wants us to be considerate and avoid any ad hominum personal attacks....... I'm just trying to visualize what Archie, Eli and PM's user names would be (or avatars) but I'm sure I'd get ******ed out if I tried... Just my $0.02,

Pats726 said:
Congrats Miguel...2K GREAT!! 2000 posts of concern adn knowledge...My question is what prompted the words about player's families??? Just wonder..or did I miss an unfortunate/misguided post??

The Monty Beisal's wife post...???

addl reminder

Miguel said:

3) Wash your hands after you go

F.B.N. said:

I can't count how many times that picture has been posted. Hell, she's a model/actor. It's not like she doesn't want to be seen. :D

Last edited:
Big_Os_Hometown said:
3) Wash your hands after you go

4) Don't eat yellow snow.

F.B.N. said:

There were several thread about her in the past.These are all good natured threads and not intended to demean or disrespect her. In fact it's just the opposite. But, soome guys did get a little carried away.

She is a public figure and I didn't get the photo though any "private" site. Just like Bridgette Moyanhan & Tom Brady.

I am very sensitive about posting negitive stuff about players and/or their families. In fact, I started a thread about that very subject last fall. There was a lot of trash talk about certain players and I started a thread about players and/or families reading that stuff. Ian confirmed that they did.

Anyway, congrats on your 2000 post Miguel, you grumpy old man. :rocker:

Last edited:
I think that the graphic 'MILF' remarks were typical of what Miguel is referring to. Not that I am without sin.

Or maybe it's the disgusting salacious talk by needy women about BB? I dunno. :)

PatsWickedPissah said:
Or maybe it's the disgusting salacious talk by needy women about BB? I dunno. :)

I was thinking the same thing, hence my final remark on the BB lecture thread....:mad:

PATSNUTme said:
. Anyway, congrats on your 2000 post Miguel, you grumpy old man. :rocker:

iceman.gif

Well I guess that there is only one way to find out.

Maybe Miguel can now reveal what he was talking about. Then all of us paranoids will know if it was some thing that we did.

Last edited:
NEM said:
EXACTLY, they are celebrities, they make millions knowing that there will be exposure,,,, tough crap....as long as it isn't really personal stuff.....like you know what I mean.. Hell, this is the internet...s hit happens...and they pay the price of fame. No problem with it...Just like me, I pay the price of fame.:D

You mean like being stuck in a looney bin denying that you shot your nephew Tony?? ;) Kidding, Nem......just kidding!

PatsWickedPissah said:
I think that the graphic 'MILF' remarks were typical of what Miguel is referring to. Not that I am without sin.

I suspect that salacious talk by discerning women is a helluva lot easier for families to tolerate than some of the "has he lost his mind; he's depressed" talk that's gone on.

Hoodie said:
I suspect that salacious talk by discerning women is a helluva lot easier for families to tolerate than some of the "has he lost his mind; he's depressed" talk that's gone on.

I am still trying to figure out what MILF means.....:confused:

Maybe I'll Lose Fingers?
Mostly Illiterate Losers Fight?
Matrimony Is Little Fun?
Monkey Intelligence Lacks Funds?

Good grief, if they don't want to read it then go play pinochle instead of coming here and sniffing around. So we're supposed to censor ourselves to benefit people who might come and look but don't want to participate? Sorry, we should demand and expect civility but beyond that all's fair.

If someone's children are going places they shouldn't then that is their parent's responsibility to address, not ours. (Yes, I have a vunerable aged child at home too, and where they go online is my job to monitor.) it's not like we're running a dating service here for whacko's looking for 14yr old kids to date.

As for Monty's wife - ah, just what did she think people were going to notice when she posed with no shirt on and a half opened vest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back