PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss - Tag game begins (franchise designations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The piece describes franchise or transition players being entitled to the average of the top 5 or top 10 salaries, OR a "120% salary increase".

I presume he actually means a TWENTY percent salary increase??

I believe that the right calculation is 120% of the cap value.

OldEnglandPatriot said:
The piece describes franchise or transition players being entitled to the average of the top 5 or top 10 salaries, OR a "120% salary increase".

I presume he actually means a TWENTY percent salary increase??

"Teams can designate one franchise player and one transition player."

In a capped year like this one, a team can designate one franchise player OR a one transition player. They can not do both.

IIRC, it is in an uncapped year when teams can designate one franchise player and one transition player.

Miguel said:

In a capped year like this one, a team can designate one franchise player OR a one transition player. They can not do both.

IIRC, it is in an uncapped year when teams can designate one franchise player and one transition player.
Miguel, do you have a time frame when Poole is due to collect his half million? And, is Faulk's workout bonus right?

OldEnglandPatriot said:
Right, so its a FIGURE of 120%, not a RAISE OF 120%

I thought it was basically a 20% raise...

Miguel said:

Mike Reiss must either have read this thread or one of his readers referred him to this thread because the current wording in the blog is different than what it was earlier today.

Mike had the opportunity to give a shout-out to this messageboard but did not.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Miguel, do you have a time frame when Poole is due to collect his half million? And, is Faulk's workout bonus right?

I am guessing that Poole's roster bonus is due sometime in early March. IIRC, in 2004 his roster bonus was due the 7th day of the League year. If that holds true for 2006, it would mean that the roster bonus will be due on the 10th.

The Globe has his cap number as $2.5 million when they did their offseason preview.

My calculations get me real close to that.
$1,900,000 salary
497,000 prorated signing bonus
106,720 offseason workout bonus
-----------
$2,503,720

Miguel said:
Mike Reiss must either have read this thread or one of his readers referred him to this thread because the current wording in the blog is different than what it was earlier today.

Mike had the opportunity to give a shout-out to this messageboard but did not.

Miguel.

When have you known media types to credit message boards for news?

I noticed he pulled some stuff off the Planet, and then some stuff off Scout as well.

You deserve the props. Maybe you should write him, or we all can write him to say wtf?

I'm off to my email :)

Miguel said:
I am guessing that Poole's roster bonus is due sometime in early March. IIRC, in 2004 his roster bonus was due the 7th day of the League year. If that holds true for 2006, it would mean that the roster bonus will be due on the 10th.

The Globe has his cap number as $2.5 million when they did their offseason preview.

My calculations get me real close to that.
$1,900,000 salary
497,000 prorated signing bonus
106,720 offseason workout bonus
-----------
$2,503,720
Wow, Kevin has some incentive to keep himself buff! Thanks!

Miguel said:

Correction. Since March 3rd is the 1st day of the league year, then March 9th would be the 7th day of the 2006 league year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back