PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Stanley Morgan comments on Troy Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownfan80

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I thought this little blurb was really nice on my namesake:

"The Patriots’ media relations staff arranged for a conference call with former Patriots receiver Stanley Morgan today. Morgan spoke with New England reporters from 1:15-1:30 p.m. ET.

Morgan’s team record for catches (534) is on the cusp of being broken by Troy Brown (529). Morgan was asked his thoughts on Brown.

“He reminds me so much of myself,†said Morgan. “He’s a team player, number one. And that’s the one thing I really like about him more than anything. He’s always done what is asked of him. He doesn’t complain and he goes out and does whatever it takes to get the job done. So that is probably the biggest thing I admire about him.

“If anybody was going to break it, I’m glad it’s Troy. I had an opportunity to talk to Troy a couple years ago, and I told him I couldn’t wait until he breaks it because he was the only one who I thought was close enough or had an opportunity to do that.â€"

My sentiments exactly, Mr. Morgan!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/10/morgan_on_brown.html

Last edited:
Wait, it's Troy Brown that you are a fan of?

All this time I thought you were a Brown alumnus.

Oswlek said:
Wait, it's Troy Brown that you are a fan of?

All this time I thought you were a Brown alumnus.

:p My education was a bit more varied, and of far lower pedigree. :)

Brownfan80 said:
:p My education was a bit more varied, and of far lower pedigree. :)
See, and I thought you were a Cleveland Browns fan, although Browns are plural and you're singular. On second thought, a Browns fan being very pro Patriots here? My bad, and now it's clear.

Fanfrom1960 said:
See, and I thought you were a Cleveland Browns fan, although Browns are plural and you're singular. On second thought, a Browns fan being very pro Patriots here? My bad, and now it's clear.

Now that I do get all the time. Most people ask me why I'm not Patriotsfan80 if I'm a Patriots fan that likes Troy Brown. I dunno, this is just what I ended up with somehow, and it's stuck. lol

I thought that he really, really liked UPS truck #80.

Today's show has been brought to you by the letter F, the number 3 and the color brown.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
All this time, I thought he was a chick. :eek:

:p

Don't turn that little debacle of yours on ME, Mrs. Tshirt.

It's ok even fewer people get my name 'cause I'm the the douche who decided to make it obscure and try to be creative. I am not on the atkins diet and was never overweight, doc adkins was just an old time red sox pitcher from the early 1900's. I just thought it was an interesting coincidence and being a very large sox fan I figured I might as well go with it. Terrible decision...

DocAdkinsDiet said:
It's ok even fewer people get my name 'cause I'm the the douche who decided to make it obscure and try to be creative. I am not on the atkins diet and was never overweight, doc adkins was just an old time red sox pitcher from the early 1900's. I just thought it was an interesting coincidence and being a very large sox fan I figured I might as well go with it. Terrible decision...

I've never seen your posts before, but you're right. As soon as I saw the name I thought "who the eff would name themselves after that diet??" lol.

Brownfan80 said:
I've never seen your posts before, but you're right. As soon as I saw the name I thought "who the eff would name themselves after that diet??" lol.
Some of us just are what we are, **sigh**. :(

Though I can at least lord it over the folks who thought you were a Brownie...that #80 gave it away. :)

Box_O_Rocks said:
Some of us just are what we are, **sigh**. :(

Though I can at least lord it over the folks who thought you were a Brownie...that #80 gave it away. :)

Yeah I thought the 80 would tip most people off, but a ton of people don't make the connection.

lol, and yeah, I've never thought your surname suited you. Your posts never strike me as even nearing the level of dumb. It's a very distinctive screen-name though, so I've always liked it even if you are much smarter than it'd suggest.

Brownfan80 said:
...even if you are much smarter than it'd suggest.
Fooled Ya! Na na na na nah! :D

I love Troy Brown, just the kind of dude you want on your team, but he's not in Stanley Morgan's league when it comes to production. Yes, Brown is nearing the receptions record and he will match or Pass Morgan in that category. But Stanley the Steamer averaged a whopping 19.2yds/catch for his career, including 6 seasons over 20yds/catch. Brown has averaged 11.2yds/catch and his best season was 15yds/catch.

Morgan once averaged 23.4 yds per catch for an entire season, amassing 1029yds total on just 44 catches! For a little perspective consider that TO, as good a WR as we've seen since Jerry Rice, has 'only' averaged 14.7yds/catch for his career. Um, that Rice guy? He averaged 14.8 for his career with only one season over 20yds/catch.

Moragn also went six straight years with a TD catch of at least 60 yds! Morgan rang up 72 TD's while Troy has 32.

Brown's our main man, no doubt, but Morgan was a very special player.

Morgan's stats-
http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=MORGASTA01

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
Yeah I thought the 80 would tip most people off, but a ton of people don't make the connection.
Replace the pic of Brady with Troy and you're intention will be much more transparent.

Patjew said:
Replace the pic of Brady with Troy and you're intention will be much more transparent.

Good point. I forgot how to change that thing though. I'll have to work on that.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
I love Troy Brown, just the kind of dude you want on your team, but he's not in Stanley Morgan's league when it comes to production. Yes, Brown is nearing the receptions record and he will match or Pass Morgan in that category. But Stanley the Steamer averaged a whopping 19.2yds/catch for his career, including 6 seasons over 20yds/catch. Brown has averaged 11.2yds/catch and his best season was 15yds/catch.

Morgan once averaged 23.4 yds per catch for an entire season, amassing 1029yds total on just 44 catches! For a little perspective consider that TO, as good a WR as we've seen since Jerry Rice, has 'only' averaged 14.7yds/catch for his career. Um, that Rice guy? He averaged 14.8 for his career with only one season over 20yds/catch.

Moragn also went six straight years with a TD catch of at least 60 yds! Morgan rang up 72 TD's while Troy has 32.

Brown's our main man, no doubt, but Morgan was a very special player.

Morgan's stats-
http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=MORGASTA01

Don't forget too that Stanley played at least one season in the 14 game era; and also in the strike shortened season. ......... So he could have had even more catches if he had played the full #s of games Troy was able to play per season.

Troy just had one game that he didnt get to play (Dam Tuna forever); but that one wouldn't have counted for regular season stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3