PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Reiss Sunday read

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
most interesting offseason quick-hits edition . themes of team-building, team-bonding etc.
Danny Amendola: No. 80 in New England starts with Troy Brown

some quotes for those not clicking:

> DOLA ON TWO SIDES OF *NFL

"There's two sides of this league. One side is amazing, beautiful, it's the art of football, camaraderie, a lot of life lessons that I've learned through this game and a lot of things you learn in the locker room. The other side is business, man, and to tell you the truth, business is rough, business is ugly, and as long as you can, stay positive and always focus on the camaraderie, the teammates, the bond, and then you can kind of let all the business stuff play out. That's kind of the approach I've taken."

> DOLA ON MATTHEWS CALL FOR N.80

Amendola called Matthews "a good friend" as they have kept in touch after first meeting at quarterback Sam Bradford's wedding in Aspen a few years ago. In their chat, Amendola relayed some of his experiences with the Patriots before Matthews asked about No. 80.

"I told him, first of all, I appreciate the call," Amendola said. "I know he will play hard. I know he'll make a lot of plays in that number. So long live 80."

> MATTHEWS ON PAT FA VISIT EXPERIENCE

Jordan Matthews took four free-agent visits before deciding to sign with the Patriots, and from that experience, this is what stood out to him about New England: "There was a lot of intentionality during the visit. They were very detailed. They were very specific with me on what they thought about me and areas they thought I could grow. I appreciated that more than anything. I appreciated that type of honesty." Matthew said it was the antithesis of the "OK, we're just bringing people in" vibe.

> ON NEW ASSIST. COACH - CAMERON ACHORD

The Patriots have yet to make a formal announcement, but as the "Football Scoop" website first noted, the club has hired Cameron Achord as an assistant coach. Achord, who has ties to special teams coach Joe Judge from Mississippi, has already been out on the scouting trail representing the Patriots to help fill the void created by the departure of assistant special teams coach Ray Ventrone.

> ON PATS AMAZING DRAFT RECORD UNDER BB (despite fans arguing otherwise..)
(note: .. all of the bellow with by far the lowest draft capital in the league over BB period:))

The Patriots have 16 first-team All-Pro selections via the draft since 2000, which ranks behind the Panthers (18), Cowboys (17) and Seahawks (17).

The Patriots' 63 Pro Bowl selections via the draft since 2000 is a league-leading total, followed by the Cowboys (62) and Chargers (50).

_____

Oh, Danny boy, you and the Tommy-Julian-Danny trifecta will be the biggest Pats offseason loss for this long distance heart..

Reiss on Sundays is always gold.
But Danny didn't say anything that isn't common knowledge.
The NFL IS a cold- hearted business.
I love what Danny brought to the team.
But BB did the right thing. So did Danny.
There's no villains here.
As fans we get emotionally attached to certain players. That's a GOOD thing.
But we also need to recognize what decisions are in the best interest of the team.
I can guarantee that BB probably has more of an emotional attachment to Danny that any of us- so whatever pain WE are feeling is probably less than what BB is feeling.

Those draft stats are telling. For anyone who doesn't think BB is equally as good at drafting as a coaching. He gets better results pro bowls and all pros despite always starting with picks in the lower 1/3.

I know we all hate ESPN, but not clicking on Reiss' stuff doesn't do him any favors either.
I don't think I owe him any favors.

Personally I still read him every Sunday and if someone posts or points out something else worth reading I go. But I used to check his blogs multiple times a day but not anymore.

I know we all hate ESPN, but not clicking on Reiss' stuff doesn't do him any favors either.

It's also illegal. Maybe check Ian's past posts about copyright infringement. Unless you directly paid Reiss and have his permission, his work is being used by this website without paying him and that's a no no.

I know Danny was disappointed with the Pats contract offer to return. But the fact remains that if he had returned he'd have been at BEST the Pats 4th best option behind Gronk, Hogan, and Edelman, and that doesn't include any of the RB's and what happens if Matthews and/or Mitchell work out.

That was the REALITY of his situation with the Pats as a 32-year-old WR who is small and has a spotty injury history. If the Pats has paid him anything CLOSE to what he got from the Dolphins there would have been many of us who would be complaining about the fact we now had overpaid Danny TWICE. ;)

Good for him that he got a team to pay him. With Jarvis gone, he will get every chance to see a lot of balls this season. If he can hold up physically he should have a very good season, and every Pat fan will root for him for 14 games this season. Like jimnance said, there were no villains in DA's departure. Everyone did what was best for themselves.

Impressive pro bowl count since 2000. I know some people will never be satisfied with BB the GM and always bring up what they consider failures or darts in the wind.

But a lead leading 63 probowls since 2000 considering they've won all but 2 divisions(2 lost in tiebreakers) picked from 23-32, mostly 28-32, had draft picks stolen, very impressive.

It's also illegal. Maybe check Ian's past posts about copyright infringement. Unless you directly paid Reiss and have his permission, his work is being used by this website without paying him and that's a no no.
Avoiding a web site is illegal??? You must be referring to quoting someone (more than half the article) without proper attribution.

Love Danny but the "Patriots don't pay" narrative is not true.

They are very strict and diciplined on who they do pay and the amount.

Just because a team like the LOLfins pay Danny it doesn't mean the Patriots are cheap

He seems to have forgotten how in 2013 an oft-injured WR from the Rams was paid $30m to come here.

Last edited:
Avoiding a web site is illegal??? You must be referring to quoting someone (more than half the article) without proper attribution.

No, the commissioner has ruled that we will be penalized unless we go to the ESPN website. It was in today's paper.

I was referring to cutting and pasting everything

I think that was fairly obvious, but not to some. You can boycott any site you want, but you can't use material they paid for. Even fair use is only a doctrine you can use as a defense in court. You aren't entitled to use any copyrighted material without permission.

10% rule though. The mods here may have a policy, but it's not copyright infringement if you only paste a bit of it. Otherwise, people would not be able to quote and critique what they've read.

"You aren't entitled to use any copyrighted material without permission."

This just isn't true. There are certain kinds of copyrighted material you need permission for. Like song lyrics or poetry. But when it comes to copyrighted prose, you are allowed to use it without permission (within limits).

I've been to two legal workshops on this issue in recent years, dealings with what is permissable and impermissable.

Good for him that he got a team to pay him. With Jarvis gone, he will get every chance to see a lot of balls this season. If he can hold up physically he should have a very good season, and every Pat fan will root for him for 14 games this season. Like jimnance said, there were no villains in DA's departure. Everyone did what was best for themselves.
I liken to the David Givens situation in 2006. We were grateful for what he had done, especially in the playoffs but when the Titans backed up the Brink's truck ( $24 million for 5 years) ( teams do overpay for Super Bowl champs) we wished him well as he took it........

10% rule though. The mods here may have a policy, but it's not copyright infringement if you only paste a bit of it. Otherwise, people would not be able to quote and critique what they've read.

This just isn't true. There are certain kinds of copyrighted material you need permission for. Like song lyrics or poetry. But when it comes to copyrighted prose, you are allowed to use it without permission (within limits).

I've been to two legal workshops on this issue in recent years, dealings with what is permissable and impermissable.
Yeah, that sounds about right. Seems like a lot pasted here, but probably within legal bounds.

I was really referring more to the point that by clicking on his stuff it sends a message as to what is valuable there and what is not. Outside of him and scores, I haven't clicked on anything ESPN related in years as far as I can recall.

But a lead leading 63 probowls since 2000 considering they've won all but 2 divisions(2 lost in tiebreakers) picked from 23-32, mostly 28-32, had draft picks stolen, very impressive.

It is impressive, but it's also a bit misleading.

Brady
Seymour
Gronk
Gost

That's 12 1st team Pro Bowls with just those 4. Another one is for ST (Slater). Mankins/Wilfork/Light round out the 16.

I'm not saying that's bad, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's 2 planet players and the best 3-4 DE of the era, along with 3 ST nods, taking up 13 of the 16. It's not as if BB's drafting 1st team All-Pros by the barrel.

I liken to the David Givens situation in 2006. We were grateful for what he had done, especially in the playoffs but when the Titans backed up the Brink's truck ( $24 million for 5 years) ( teams do overpay for Super Bowl champs) we wished him well as he took it........
Pats got lucky. TN overpays and Giv blows out his knee. They got lucky with Deion too who only had one good year in SEA.

Think of how screwed they would have been if they gave them both big $ and got hurt and useless

Fair use...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST