PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Reiss Sunday read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Danny but the "Patriots don't pay" narrative is not true.
He seems to have forgotten how in 2013 an oft-injured WR from the Rams was paid $30m to come here.

Bet he hasn't forgotten the cold reality that the $17.5m he banked in 5 years of playing here fell just a 'bit' short of the $31m he signed for though. The reality is if your name is Danny Amendola the "Patriots don't pay narrative" is true, if you are Devon McCourty it is not. It's a case by case and position by position thing. The Pats obviously believe the WR market is ridiculously over inflated yet they had a part in driving the safety position to it's current level, which seems to be undergoing it's own market correction this offseason.

10% rule though. The mods here may have a policy, but it's not copyright infringement if you only paste a bit of it. Otherwise, people would not be able to quote and critique what they've read.

"You aren't entitled to use any copyrighted material without permission."

This just isn't true. There are certain kinds of copyrighted material you need permission for. Like song lyrics or poetry. But when it comes to copyrighted prose, you are allowed to use it without permission (within limits).

I've been to two legal workshops on this issue in recent years, dealings with what is permissable and impermissable.

It's actually not a rule, it's a doctrine. There is no rule you can use 10% of anything, but that's good practice and likely defensible. If it's for educational purposes you might be able to use it all.

Courts evaluate fair use claims on a case-by-case basis, and the outcome of any given case depends on a fact-specific inquiry. This means that there is no formula to ensure that a predetermined percentage or amount of a work—or specific number of words, lines, pages, copies—may be used without permission.

More Information on Fair Use | U.S. Copyright Office

Bet he hasn't forgotten the cold reality that the $17.5m he banked in 5 years of playing here fell just a 'bit' short of the $31m he signed for though. The reality is if your name is Danny Amendola the "Patriots don't pay narrative" is true,
Depends on how you look at it.

Note: I am being a jerk on purpose as this is how I believe the NE FO thinks.

His original deal was $31m/5yr. Thats $6m AAV. In year 1 he received 8.3m. In year 2 he received $3.5m so in the first two years he netted an ave of $5.9m. You could say he underperformed in 2013 (injured) and 2014 (27 catches). Coming off a 27 catch season, he made $2.3m. In 2015, he had a 65 catch year but chose to stay in 2016 for $1.5m. Whos fault is that? In 2016 he had a 23 catch year and stayed for 2017 for $1.6m.

So it really rubs me the wrong way when players take shots at NEs cheapness when they have a chance to go out and get what they deserve in the market and don't when the know damn well teams will chip away at a contract if they are underperforming. Danny screwed himself after the 2015 season and smartened up this offseason.

Now with all that said, to me as a fan Danny in the playoffs was worth the cash and more.

if you are Devon McCourty it is not. It's a case by case and position by position thing. The Pats obviously believe the WR market is ridiculously over inflated yet they had a part in driving the safety position to it's current level, which seems to be undergoing it's own market correction this offseason.

Yes the Pats paid Devin but TN and the NYG were the ones that established the market and the Pats matched the offers.

> ON PATS AMAZING DRAFT RECORD UNDER BB (despite fans arguing otherwise..)
(note: .. all of the bellow with by far the lowest draft capital in the league over BB period:))

The Patriots have 16 first-team All-Pro selections via the draft since 2000, which ranks behind the Panthers (18), Cowboys (17) and Seahawks (17).

The Patriots' 63 Pro Bowl selections via the draft since 2000 is a league-leading total, followed by the Cowboys (62) and Chargers (50).

_____

Oh, Danny boy, you and the Tommy-Julian-Danny trifecta will be the biggest Pats offseason loss for this long distance heart..

So Bill the GM is not actually killing Bill the Coach? Yeah, right. Next you're going to try telling me Ray Lewis never killed a man.

at this point, I'm old enough to say "go ahead...take me to court, ESPN..like I give a shyt about your copyrights...I'll countersue for malfeasance, misfeasance,nonfeasance and any other breach of duty I can dredge up while I'm taking my morning dump. At my trial I will testify "Ian Logue? Patsfans.com?.....never heard of them." Then I'll pull out Joe Kerr's "Article 4 billion and 6" and demand an immediate dismissal.

10% rule though. The mods here may have a policy, but it's not copyright infringement if you only paste a bit of it. Otherwise, people would not be able to quote and critique what they've read.

"You aren't entitled to use any copyrighted material without permission."

This just isn't true. There are certain kinds of copyrighted material you need permission for. Like song lyrics or poetry. But when it comes to copyrighted prose, you are allowed to use it without permission (within limits).

I've been to two legal workshops on this issue in recent years, dealings with what is permissable and impermissable.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't substantially more than 10 percent. Certainly it was pushing the limits, no question. Particularly when the intent is clearly to avoid patronizing the people who paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3