PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Rodney "training and rehabbing" to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

miDeuce

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted anywhere, from Reiss' Mailbag today:

On Rodney Harrison, he’s not thinking retirement. I saw him down in Miami this past weekend and he’s training and rehabilitating to give himself a chance to play again.

I was kinda of surprised to see this as I it seemed to be assumed that he was going to hang them up. Does anyone know what the recovery time on a torn quad is? Assuming that is what he had?

I tend to think BB would bring him back, but I believe his contract is up. What do you guys think?

Personally I'd love to see him back, whenever he finishes the season healthy the Pats go to the Super Bowl... unfortunately that's only been once in the past four years.

He can play on my team until he's dirt-napping.

Man, I love Rodney and he has had some major injuries the last few years but it shows his heart, drive and love of football to come back after all of them.

Maybe they could wait 'till the end of the year like they did with Junior, and that way he'd be healthy and fresh for the stretch run. Someone's bound to get hurt, and he'd be a great insurance policy. He'd be h**l on whells for 3 or 4 games then the playoffs.

Favorite. Player. EVER.

Stick him in the box when the opposition is running it well.

I want everyone to come back, Bruschi, Seau, Colvin and Harrison.

I want these geezers to go out with a ring.

I concur. At the very least they should be part of the rotation for depth and experience. The mentor factor cannot and should not be overlooked.

Last edited:
Sign him up and PUP. Like in '07 that gives him the best shot of being around for the postseason.

Sign him up and PUP. Like in '07 that gives him the best shot of being around for the postseason.

Sorta the light shade style of the Shadow Roster (Seau & Colvin in 2008)

I love it!...........Would you expect anything less from Rodney (or Bruschi for that matter)? These guys are competitors and they know that they have a great chance at another Super Bowl. Why wouldn't they go for broke? After all, they are led by the best coach and QB to ever play the game.

Both Rodney and Tedy played well before their injuries. Bring them in a role players, they are better than some of the guys that we bring in off the scrape heap that we seem to have to bring in every year.

Guyton should get his shot to see if he is a starter. Bring in a SS candidate through the draft or FA.

Both Rodney and Tedy played well before their injuries. Bring them in a role players, they are better than some of the guys that we bring in off the scrape heap that we seem to have to bring in every year.

Agreed.

I thought the defense looked 'tougher' when Seau, and Rosey came back. Its obvious BB will draft some more defense, but i'd like to see that mixed with experience. Like others have said, its all rotation. All four of these guys can contribute, as well as mentor the youngins, but their 3-down days are behind them....IMHO.

Who wouldn't want Rodney Harrison back as a part time safety playing primarily on running downs?

Now if the idea is to he wants to come back as a full time starting safety, I think those days are in the past for Rodney. He isn't as effective in coverage as he once was and he just cant make it through 16 games anymore.

I'm not surprised that he will be back, he was quite matter of fact before he signed his last contract.

I hope he regains full fitness.

Who wouldn't want Rodney Harrison back as a part time safety playing primarily on running downs?

Now if the idea is to he wants to come back as a full time starting safety, I think those days are in the past for Rodney. He isn't as effective in coverage as he once was and he just cant make it through 16 games anymore.

Well said. I think playing well in coverage is something he can only do by reaching down deep for extra burst a handful of plays per game, or for an occasional game in the season.

Last edited:
Would love to seem him come back as well, how about Tank Williams.. we never even saw him play a down, could Rodney add depth along with him??

Would love to seem him come back as well, how about Tank Williams.. we never even saw him play a down, could Rodney add depth along with him??

Tank was one of the only Titans I ever liked. I was really looking forward to him playing in 08. Hopefully he'll be back in 09.

Best. Post. Ever.

Favorite. Player. EVER.

Mine too, but how much does he have left? I wish he could play on this team forever but that's obviously impossible.

He's had some major injuries and I hope that he isn't wrecking his body, there is life after football.

Rodney may be the most important player on this defense and it would be a great story for all of the older players to go out with a ring but I just don't want them to be one of these players that doesn't know when to hang em' up.

Luv the guy, I just hope he makes a well thought out and informed decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back